What is the Grandmaster of Gluttony?
The Grandmaster of Gluttony is a weight gain text-adventure game made in twine, and it follows the adventures of you, the player (referred to completely gender neutrally, though most sprites are female). You’ve been given the task of hunting down and capturing the titular Grandmaster of Gluttony. The game features multiple different routes through the Grandmaster’s domain, but the path will be dangerous. Her domain is filled with many different obstacles that can fatten the player up, eventually leading to multiple different endings depending on where you’re at in the game!
The current version contains about 33,000 words, with 8 different endings being obtainable. The different endings aren’t the only attraction, though. There are plenty of different systems and descriptions throughout the game that allow the player to gain weight without getting an ending. And, of course, there are pictures!
There’s plenty of stuff to do in this version of the game, so if the game looks at all interesting I’d recommend giving it a try! If you encounter any bugs, or just feel like leaving some constructive criticism then feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll try to fix any issues people have as soon as possible.
And… that’s about it. You can download Grandmaster from my itch page, totally free! Donations are appreciated, but not required. If you do enjoy the game, though, it would mean alot to me if you contributed any amount of money. I’m working on this project completely solo, and as a full time student, so even the smallest donation can go a long way in helping me to make the game. If you can’t spare anything, though, I don’t mind.
NEW UPDATE! V0.3.0
Not a huge update content-wise, but the total reworking of the UI and a new weight stage can still provide plenty of enjoyment. The new release can be downloaded from my Itch page, and the patch notes can be read below.
A quick note - the new UI may not work very well on smaller screens, so if simply zooming the page out doesn’t work then let me know and I can see if I can make another release with a workaround.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE TRY ZOOMING OUT ON THE PAGE THE GAME IS ON BEFORE REPORTING ISSUES ABOUT MENUS OVERLAPPING
If the aforementioned issue about overlapping images persists, update v0.2.0 still has the exact same content as 0.3.0, just without the updated UI. That version shouldn’t have any problems.
Update 0.2.0 Changelog
- Added a new chamber to the Forest
- Added a new chamber to the Dungeon
- Respective characters added to new chambers
- Beginnings of alternate paths through the Grandmaster’s domain have been added
- 3 new endings added, now totaling 8
- Word count increased from 21,000 to 33,000
- Changed the color of links throughout the entire game
- Slightly nerfed the amount of fattening the Priestess does in order to balance the Forest a bit more
- Fixed mathematical errors in the quiz chamber
- Various grammar fixes throughout the game
- Other small tweaks
Update 0.3.0 Changelog
- Immobile stage added
- Completely reworked the UI
- Sidebar has been removed and replaced with a fleshed out character window that is much larger than the old one and has additional info regarding the player’s status
- NPC window has been moved to the right of the textbox
- NPC portraits have been enlarged and given borders to suit the characters
- Title, saves, and previous passage button have been moved to the top right of the screen
- Fixed some various grammar issues
- Slightly touched up the “Fat” weight stage
- Other small tweaks