The Grandmaster of Gluttony [Next Game Announced]

Not particularly a fan of the use of AI images.

1 Like

This text adventure might be my favourite, excited for the full ver

3 Likes

I personally kinda hate AI art but seeing as this is more of a one person project with little budget, Iā€™m okay with it tbh despite my hate. Also adds that one extra layer of immersion which is nice.

1 Like

The answer to the math question in the question labyrinth is wrong just to let you know.

5 Likes

Youā€™re right. I forgot to add the 13 this time, lol. I donā€™t think itā€™s worth putting out an entirely new version of the game just to fix that right this second, so it should be addressed in the next update.

2 Likes

Well whether anyone appreciates ai art or not
Itā€™s going to revoulutionize indie visual novels most likely and concept artists efforts or so this hound thinks
It will make it easier to develope such things either cutting down on work time or being used as foundation of sorts, I am honestly curious what will happen with it going forward if only this was here during Trons time on the site, wouldā€™ve been lovely to see what his team could do with it
But I digress, this game is lovely as far as I can tell

5 Likes

What a beautiful game, canā€™t wait for more!!

1 Like

ā€¦AI art isnā€™t so bad after all

3 Likes

Besides the math question, it seems like the question about how many rooms are in the temple is also wrong. You have to pick ā€œ5ā€ to advance (which makes no sense, hence why Iā€™m not blurring it out), but then the game says, ā€œThankfully, it seems that 17 was the correct answer.ā€

And on a side note, since your character is apparently saying the answers out loud, I think it would make more sense to list numeric answer choices in ascending order, just for quality of life. If you wanted, though, you could easily justify listing them randomly by saying that the character is instead choosing from several buttons with the answer choices written on them.

3 Likes

Dope game, keep up the good work

2 Likes

Awesome game! >w<
I hope you continue to write awesome stuff like this! :smiley:

1 Like

How did you scale down the images to fit on the side bar?

Just wanted to say that the next update for the game is getting close to completion. Probably will be released in the next couple of days (or not, depends what happens). Been pretty busy in the last month, so the update isnā€™t huge but itā€™s got some stuff I think you guys will really enjoy.

In regards to this question, I have the images built directly into the story as base64, and I followed up the base64 string for each image with various positions and resolutions. For example, I have this in the weight stages: img style=ā€œz-index: 2; position: absolute; left: 10px; top: 225px;ā€ width=ā€œ260pxā€ height=ā€œ250pxā€/>

If thatā€™s not the answer you were looking for, then I recommend just looking on the internet for some image resizing program.

Also, thereā€™s something I wasnā€™t sure about so I wanted to put it to the forum. Should I name the next update of the game ā€œDemo v2ā€ or should I actually start making version names, like ā€œ0.1.0ā€, ā€œ0.2.0ā€, ā€œ0.2.1ā€, etc. What do you all think? (For reference, the next version of the game should encompass about 33% of the gameā€™s intended content, so I think it might be moving past ā€œdemoā€)

3 Likes

When i see ā€œdemoā€, i think self-contained vertical slice of a game. Since you plan to be about 1/3 content complete instead, i vote 0.x type name.

EDIT: i personally also tend to give more leeway to 0.x builds because they are openly unfinished. YMMV

3 Likes

Yeah I agree on naming them 0.x rather than ā€œdemo 2ā€.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say labeling it v0.x and whatnot makes more sense.

2 Likes

New update is out! Decided to name the game with version numbers now, so I elected to go with v0.2.0 (Iā€™m considering the demo to be v0.1.0). Iā€™ve included the changelog in this comment as well for those who are curious whatā€™s new. Most significant part about the update Iā€™d say is that the game has gone from 21,000 words to 33,000.

Update 0.2.0 Changelog

Major Changes
-Added a new chamber to the Forest
-Added a new chamber to the Dungeon
-Respective characters added to new chambers
-Beginnings of alternate paths through the Grandmasterā€™s domain have been added
-3 new endings added, now totaling 8
-Word count increased from 21,000 to 33,000

Minor Changes
-Changed the color of links throughout the entire game
-Slightly nerfed the amount of fattening the Priestess does in order to balance the Forest a bit more
-Fixed mathematical errors in the quiz chamber
-Various grammar fixes throughout the game
-Other small tweaks

I also updated the gameā€™s page to better reflect the fact that itā€™s not the first release anymore (I also removed some of the stuff talking about AI art because itā€™s not really a new thing anymore and itā€™s been stigmatized quite a bit since I originally posted the game).

One thing I also wanted to quickly ask in this comment is the size of screens you guys have. Iā€™ve been experimenting with the idea of removing the sidebar and making an actual character menu to the left of the textboxes in-game, but Iā€™m not sure how it would work on smaller monitors or laptops, since the weight stages wouldnā€™t be on the sidebar anymore. The second monitor I have is smaller than my first monitor, and when I put the game on my second monitor some things will break. The reason I ask is because Iā€™m trying to implement an immobile size, but putting wide images on the sidebar doesnā€™t work too well.

• My screen is larger than in the screenshot you provided (More room on the left and right side of the text)
  • My screen is smaller than in the screenshot you provided (Less room on the left and right side of the text)
  • My screen is much smaller than in the screenshot you provided (Much less room on the left and right side of the text)
  • My screen is the same size as in this screenshot. (Same amount of room on each side of the text)

0 voters

The Image in Question

Also, if you have any questions, bug reports, or critiques, then feel free to leave them in the replies here!

4 Likes

Gona test now the new version, but regarding the imageā€¦ People can just resize it Zooming in or out, can they notā€¦?

They very well may be able to, and Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s how it works. However, the way Iā€™m setting up the images in the base64 code affixes them to an exact location with an exact size, so Iā€™m not 100% sure if itā€™ll work that way. I may just be stupid and it will work completely fine, but I want to be positive before I add a system that might potentially be dysfunctional for some people.

For now Iā€™m just curious how the game appears on peopleā€™s screens, and if thereā€™s a significant number of people with smaller screens then Iā€™m going to prepare another version of the game with the sidebar character screen (assuming I actually do end up making a character menu on the side of the text).

I am having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to unlock ending 6, does anyone have any hints besides the one mentioned in the game.

2 Likes