The Grandmaster of Gluttony [v0.3.1 Release]

Spoilers for Ending 6

Another hint: You can’t waste the Moon’s gift unless the priestess gives it to you. Give her a reason to gift you that.

FULL EXPLANATION:

In the battle with the priestess, do nothing three times in a row. She’ll take pity on you and grant you the Moon’s power. Then, go to the field instead of the new corridor

3 Likes

Have to say I like what I’ve seen so far. I look forward to seeing how you go forward.

1 Like

Just dropped a new update, v0.3.0, and it can be downloaded from the main page for the game. I know it hasn’t been that long since the last update, but I wanted to drop this since I’ve been working hard at it for the last few days and I wanted to update the UI before I started work on a new round of content.

Update 0.3.0 Changelog

Major Changes

• Immobile stage added
  • Completely reworked the UI
  • Sidebar has been removed and replaced with a fleshed out character window that is much larger than the old one and has additional info regarding the player’s status
  • NPC window has been moved to the right of the textbox
  • NPC portraits have been enlarged and given borders to suit the characters
  • Title, saves, and previous passage button have been moved to the top right of the screen

Minor Changes

• Fixed some various grammar issues
  • Slightly touched up the “Fat” weight stage
  • Other small tweaks

I mentioned this in the main post, but I really want to hear input if this UI doesn’t work very well on different sized screens. If any problems can’t be solved by zooming in or zooming out, please let me know and I’ll try to come up with a solution.

The last thing I wanted to do was ask you guys for feedback. I’m really interested to know what you all think about the new UI, if it’s good or bad, and if there’s anything I should do to improve it. General game feedback also helps as well, so if there’s any ideas/comments/critiques you guys have about the direction of the game and what I’ve done so far then I’d be happy to hear them. Overall, though, that’s all I wanted to say. Have fun messing with the new interface!

6 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the UI. I think the previous was better just because I didn’t have to zoom in and out multiple times. The one thing I do like though is how it says location, weight and status.

You shouldn’t have to be zooming in and out multiple times. The UI was designed to work while staying at one specific zoom level the entire time, so if you’re zooming in out and constantly then I’d recommend trying to find a consistent level that causes nothing to overlap and then sticking with it.

If it’s enough of a problem to where it’s actually worsening the experience, I can create another version of the game that uses the old UI and would be available for download alongside the current version. However, I’d only do this as a last resort, since it would mean a removal of the last weight stage, and I think that’d diminish the experience.

Yeah - the current UI does not work - it’s way too big compared to the original. This is at my normal level:

4 Likes

I don’t know but most scenes cause an overlap of pictures and text.

Overlap bug example picture, kind of unplayable like this, bug is new, old version didn’t do this.

The other user’s view was almost playable, mine is even more overoverlapped.

Have you guys tried zooming the page out to fix the overlapping images? When I tested it on my smaller monitor it seemed to fix this issue, but it might be different for others. If zooming out the page doesn’t seem to fix the overlapping images, please be sure to say something once again (I’ve also tried to make it more clear in the original post that this should be tried before reporting an issue).

If it continues to be an issue, I’d recommend sticking with v0.2.0 for now since nothing else about the game has really changed besides the UI. In v0.4.0 and onwards I’ll try to include another download with a toned down UI if it continues to be a problem.

Alternatively, another solution I could do is to include the code for both versions in the game and give the player an option to choose what type of UI they’d like to use at the start of the game. The only concern with this solution would be the file size, since I believe having resized images in the base64 code would take up more space. It would only be a few megabytes, but if that’s a concern for people then I don’t want to ignore it.

So, what does everyone think? Should I create an option at the start of the game to use the minimalist UI (keep in mind this would come at the cost of the last weight stage, increased file size, and more effort from me to implement it).

• Keep the UI as is
  • Offer a separate download with the sidebar UI (Removal of immobile stage when using the sidebar, More work for me)
  • Add an option to use the sidebar UI at the start of the game (Increased file size, Removal of immobile stage when using the sidebar, More work for me)

0 voters

I also just wanted to ask real quick, how many people are having trouble with the UI? Make sure to try zooming in or out if you’re having trouble as well.

• The new UI works completely fine for me
  • The new UI is giving me a bit of trouble
  • The new UI has made the game completely unplayable (even when zooming the page in or out)

0 voters

Another thought is that I could potentially recreate the current UI with a smaller size, but I’m going to hold off on considering that until I see some more results for these polls.

2 Likes

Since the art is AI I’d love to see additional stages and images that change with stomach capacity

1 Like

Zooming in and out isn’t viable. I can fix the overlap by zooming to 67%, but then the text is nearly half the size of normal text and is much harder to see and read.

6 Likes

The new UI doesn’t work on iPhones as you can’t easily zoom out html files.

1 Like

Don’t know why i expect few sex scene, pregnancy, and few other kinks

2 Likes

I diss like the purple uses in some of the dialog as it is hard to see with a dark background

1 Like

If you’re looking for a good tool to use to test different font colors, I highly recommend taking a look at the US GSA’s Accessibility Guidelines page which talks about good contrast ratios to use as well as provides helpful links to programs that can check your contrast values for you. Very, very helpful stuff when doing any kind of design work.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re looking for people to help with the project, but I’d gladly apply as a writer (Or even just to create characters). I’ll have to point out that I’m in a completely different timezone, so that would make things more difficult

I appreciate the offer, but one of my main goals with Grandmaster is to get a proper feel of solo development with a smaller-scope project, so recruiting other people would pretty much defeat the purpose.

If I create another project in the future, though, I’ll definitely be reconsidering the idea of bringing on other writers. If I do end up doing something like that, I’ll be sure to let you know. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s time to learn how to code automatic resizing of assets! I should not have assets covering text on a 1080 monitor lol

7 Likes

Yeah for some reason the box that shows you is covering part of the text so I’m unable to read some of the options and text making it pretty unplayable

3 Likes