The House on Hog Hill - CHAPTER TWO REDUX PUBLIC RELEASE IS NOW LIVE!

Ok I managed to get it working proper

Great game so far, I enjoyed it and want to see more

3 Likes

Bug reporting, after entering and exiting the house, the trashcan resets position but not the state of ā€œclimbableā€ climbing on it now locks the game

A promising first chapter. Looking forward to more.

1 Like

You had me at ā€œHealth Issuesā€.

Please god yes.

6 Likes

I was wondering, since itā€™s possible to remove the lighting effects, would it also be possible to remove the black and white ones? Iā€™m curious about that, if it isnā€™t an issue.

Extremely promising first chapter and a strong one at that. Iā€™ll be lurking patiently for future updates. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yeah, those two are my favorites as well! Really proud of how both of them turned out.

I was wondering if that part would stump anyone up! I thought about adding a little item highlight sprite to signpost it, but I didnā€™t want the player to immediately figure out where to go next at this point in the game. Maybe I shouldā€™ve alluded to it in a note you find nearby to make it just a bit clearer? Stuff to think about for the future, for sure!

Yeah, thatā€™s totally fair. Maybe I shouldā€™ve just kept that one a bit more subtle and just used the walking sound effect instead of the jumpscare sting. Trying to make it ā€˜scaryā€™ (if you can call it that lol) in addition to the fetish stuff has definitely been the most challenging thing about making it so far.

Of course! Iā€™m not sure how much insight I have, though. Mine was a very last minute edition after I realized that a lot of people really arenā€™t gonna want to hear ā€˜fartsound2.oggā€™ so I just added in a switch that trades it out for a burp sound effect instead, lol. I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna get much more advanced than that in the future.

1 Like

Might honestly just go easy on myself and fix this one by not letting the player go back outside. My original plan was for an event to trigger similar to leaving the house in the first Resident Evil, but I never got around to implementing it.

Iā€™m probably not gonna release an ā€˜in-colorā€™ version unless thereā€™s a big demand for it. The black and white is a stylistic choice, but itā€™s also so I can be lazy and not have to think about color at all when Iā€™m doing the art.

aight this is pretty fantastic so far kinda weird it was all a dream initially but hey whatever still good.

although that Teddy bear bad end was fucking cheap as hell lmao how the heck are you even supposed to realise it would lead to a bad end lol

1 Like

I gave the game a go and I gotta say you nailed the ambient feeling of something is lurking around waiting or watching, it really gave me the willies. The bad ends thrown around were fun to find off the beaten track and what was there as the meat of the playthrough held my interest in wanting to finish it. My only gripe would be the first chase but I think its just rpgMaker since the ā€œmonsterā€ would run side to side on occasion making it stutter then step the wrong way away from you making it feel rather silly.

1 Like

Try the hallway to the left of the TV :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s great to hear! Itā€™s hard to be objective about how frightening your own game is because you get desensitized to it so early on, so Iā€™m glad to hear that the atmosphere was effective.

Yeeeaahh, I really need to find a plugin or something to make the pathfinding better when it comes to chases like this. If anybody has any recommendations Iā€™d love to hear it!

1 Like

oh by the way does the thing where you have the portrait of the persons face from when they where skinny and just have a hole with there belly sticking through is that a fetish and does it have a name?

3 Likes

Really enjoying this so far! Is there a possibility of being able to choose a male protag in the future?

2 Likes

A little stuck in the game at the momentā€¦

Iā€™m at the part where you flush the toilet 3 times. Did it, heard the sound, and canā€™t figure out what to do next.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something pretty obvious but any help is appreciated!

Hmm, probably not. There is going to be more male-focused content in future chapters though, if thatā€™s any consolation! In addition to it being more work, a lot of aspects of the story wouldnā€™t make sense if Frankie was a different gender.

1 Like

Check the far wall in the second story lounge (the room with the game table and couch.) You should find a ladder to go up after flushing 3 times.

Thanks! Must have walked past it nearly a dozen times

1 Like

Not that I know of, but Iā€™ve seen a few great drawings utilizing the concept and wanted to add it into my game. Itā€™s such a fun idea! Definitely want to do some more stuff in a similar vein down the line.