The Pokemon Village [Text Adventure WG game] (lp: finished)

Well, I just wanted to say that I don’t want to make this game a bit overhyped or something. I’m fairly new to game-making, but I’ll try my best to satisfy everyone.
By the way, thanks for asking these questions, it feels very nice!

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing your game when it releases. What species will you play as in this game yourself?

Lucario, for sure. He’s my favourite since I got into Pokemon. By the way, do you think I should make more advanced stats tab? So far, there’s fatness, weight and species. I might include height, but it will have to vary between species, so it’s extra work and a new gaining system.

1 Like

I don’t really care much about the custom height whether if you add it or not. Is there any inspirations for the project?

1 Like

Well, there’s actually a short story behind that. You know that page called Writing.com? You can make interactive stories there. I visited one Pokemon WG story, but after a few pages the site told that I have to pay to view more (because of server limitations) so that kinda pissed me off (the story sucked a bit anyway).
In general, I was kinda dissapointed in lack of any longer Pokemon WG games so I just decided to make one myself.

1 Like

Oh. I get it now. Have you tried out Fatty Text Adventure Game before?

Yes! It’s absolutely amazing, loved every second of it. If I could, I’d make Pokemon version of it, but it’s too much for me (yet)

1 Like

What did you like about that game? What was your favorite moment, and what species did you play as?

The writing is amazing. The custom species, and species system in general. The gaining system. Exploration. Basically almost everything.
At first, I chose Cheetah, and in other runs I made custom characters based on games, media or even memes.

Interesting. Any other thoughts on that game?

1 Like

In my opinion, I think it’s the best WG game there is. The imagination element in text games is a huge factor, it lets you feel more welcome and the story lets you feel like you’re playing, not just steering the character. No visuals is not a downside, it’s an advantage. In RPGs, platformers or others, you might not like the art (like areas where character gains, the look of the character, type of gain, or maybe even the drawing style of the creator).
Some people might not like reading, but everyone has their taste.

edit: the only visual in my game will be text backgrounds (such as forests, towns etc.)

Anything else about Fatty Text Adventure Game you want to talk about?

1 Like

No, I’m good. Thanks for all those questions, it was nice to give someone my opinions! I’ll go develop my game now

1 Like

will there be character customizations other than Pokemon?

No, only Pokemon species. Humans or other aren’t present in lore

By the way, do you have any idea when you’ll finish this project by? Or at least an idea of a release date?

No clue, but I’ll try to finish it in the next months, maybe? I’m a bit busy with school currently, which might slow development a bit. Also, polishing the game will take extra time, unless someone’s willing to help me out by playtesting (like pointing out errors, giving opinions and suggestions)

If it’s not too late, maybe Pikachu?

Sorry to bother you but I got 2 questions.

1. How exactly will the weight system work? As you know, each Pokémon has a different average weight. For example, Primarina are typically 97lbs while Pikachu are only 13.2lbs. So I’m curious how that will work.

2. Do you plan on releasing any demo builds of this? That way people could help you find spelling/grammar errors as well as any bugs in the programming.

The weight system is currently super simple (even underdeveloped dare I say). Every pokemon has the same starting weight, but I’m planning on adding proper system once I finish the story.

About the second question, I’m thinking about giving the demo to few people (no qualifications, just need to send me a message)

3 Likes