The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel v0.4

Any favorite bbw vam creators other than theowl and splinevr? edit: also podflower (these are the only 3 bbw’s vam resource makers I’m aware of atm.)

I’m hoping some day they make genesis figures dForce compatible, but I don’t have high hopes. It’d be amazing to run a simulation and have all those curvy bits on our models fall right where we want them to lol.

3 Likes

Ive played the Deviantart version, imma say this

This my top 2 best renpy feederism game ever, the story, chars, Curves and story is good,

7 Likes

So I’ve been working on some of the higher weight stages for QoC characters, and it’s left me wondering what everyones’ preference is regarding face fatness at high weights. What are your thoughts/opinions?

• I like the face to stay relatively thin.
  • I like the face to be fat, with chubby cheeks and a double chin, but not overly so.
  • I like the face to be very fat, with bulging cheeks and multiple chins.

0 voters

5 Likes

That would be fantastic. If you are looking for something that (sort of) works in that regard, you should try to get Squishy Human for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female | Daz 3D . IMO it’s 50/50 good, though not great for all weights. Still, at least gets some of the job done to make chub look more natural.

(P.S. Because of the caveats, I’d rather recommend getting it on discount.)

2 Likes

Hmm the examples on the squishy human store page’s example images don’t really even seem to be particularly different from what you get without squishy human.

Dforce automatically working on fat would be awesome, but it doesn’t seem this store item actually has that as a feature? (although maybe if I tested it myself, I’d find it was useful, and it could do things like deform butt/breasts leaning on couch/bed/etc.) Don’t really wanna shell out $ for it based on what the previews on the store showcase (the store showcases are often best case scenarios so it should be more obvious I’d reckon?)

IIRC the current popular method of dforcing body parts onto furniture is to use invisible simple geometric shapes for the simulation indentations or whatever? But this is a lot of work and very complicated and I’m desperate for an alternative, yes. Is squishy humans that alternative? (I’m not yet convinced.)

edit: I could be convinced though if eltipito42 elaborates a bit or has any examples of renders from their game where this above store item was actually more helpful than prior traditional non-dforce away size morphs for bbws.

1 Like

The face mostly just needs to stay realistic. So it would look silly to have a face super thin and angular at high weights, but it would likewise not work well to have a character with comically bulging fat everywhere.

1 Like

At this point I’m trying to get the most reward for my time invested. It’s very satisfying when you’re able to get the subtle detail of fat squished perfectly against a surface. However, just like you said, it’s more work and can be complicated. Those fine details are nice, but honestly I’ve been playing around more with camera angles that can disguise when you don’t take the time to finesse some of the finer aspects of a render.

4 Likes

Face definitely needs to be proportional to the rest of the body; chubby calls for slightly rounder cheeks and chin, fat will need puffy cheeks with double chin and extremely obese should reflect in a disappearing neck and bulging sides

1 Like

Tbh, my recommendation is to just make whatever you find attractive. Easier to do and keep consistent.

4 Likes

These are interesting results! A little more than half of voters like what I personally like too. I’m kind of surprised at how many voters prefer a thinner face at high weight stages. I’ll definitely consider these results as I’m working on the characters.

2 Likes

personally I am into thinner faces because it keeps them a bit more feminine, the squaring of faces when they get fat just makes them look way older or more masculine

4 Likes

I love the idea of having some fat in the face, a double chin and a puffy, squishy cheeks

Having sacks of lards on the face is just overkill imo, plus having to render it might be hell

4 Likes

Rendering it wouldn’t be too bad. There’s a slider that comes with one of the morph packs I use that accomplishes more of a jowl look. But I’m with you I think it’s overkill.

3 Likes

There’ll have to be something new from Daz studio soon. Genesis 8 is now five years old and really starting to show its age. Yes, I know they brought out 8.1, but that was a real cop out. A few changes for the sake of it rather than adding anything particularly useful.

Squishy human? That has potential, I think, but not enough to spend $35 on.

From the look of the screenshots it seems to work reasonably well on thin figures… which don’t need a lot of deformation anyway, meaning that it’s pretty hard to tell whether it’s been used or not. If you’re going for ultra realism, then it might be worth the asking price.

For larger figures, I’m not convinced. I’m sure the promo pictures have been very carefully posed, but even so, look at the last one (BW shot of four seated women). Check out the stomach/upper thigh of the rightmost (largest) woman. Doesn’t look good at all, IMO. Typical Daz issues which Squishy Human doesn’t appear able to fix. Some of the other squishiness is quite nice, but you can do most of this with morphs if you have the time/patience.

4 Likes

I dislike fat faces because I’ve never really seen a good 3d rendered fat face. IRL it might be different. But 1000000s of times more manhours are spent making the tools to render in 3d thinner female faces convincing, and then someone just halfasses the fat face.

Now those morphs are great for a thigh but faces run more risk of uncanny valley than thighs. Think all those reality TV shows with the hilariously bad fatsuit which wouldn’t actually be that bad if it weren’t for the comically incorrect face part of it.

You can fudge a bit though, find a nice chubby face and morph between the thin face and the chubby face from 0-100% while taking the body from on the same imaginary scale from 0-200%.

edit: TL;DR faces are hard, just make the best faces you can. Fat fetish works better in 3d on body morphs by far.

2 Likes

A questuon out of pure boredom and curiosity, is the story gonna be a reboot or a continuation?

Last time i played the game it was at Genevieve’s arc.

The plan is for both. There’s going to be at least one new character incorporated into the existing story. There will be a new lower weight stage for Annora between current stages 2 & 3. I think current stage 2 to 3 was a pretty big jump in size, so this will slow down her gain a little. I want to add some more scenes/activities at the lower weights. I also want to make some progress into the next part of Genevieve’s story.

If I can pull it off, it’s going to be a huge update that expands existing content and also continues the story we’ve seen so far.

17 Likes

Who says you can’t do weigh-ins when you’re writing medieval fantasy? I’m very pleased with how this scene is turning out. I think it’s even more fun than a weigh-in on a modern scale because it involves guesswork! What’s better than characters saying things like, “I would’ve thought that you added enough weight by now to balance the scale… Try adding another 20 pounds. That’s probably more than I actually gained… right?”

33 Likes

And I now have the witch scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail playing in my head…

“We shall use my largest scales.”

12 Likes