The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel v0.4

Great game, cannot wait for more!

5 Likes

Just stumbled across this board and have to say I am thoroughly impressed with what you’ve made so far! When I saw it was v0.4, I went in not expecting much in the way of content. But I was blown away by the amount already available! Not to mention, what’s there is all seriously top notch. I’m honestly shocked you managed to do that much without ever setting up a patreon, as this game easily rivals the likes of other 3d visual novels using patreons to help support development. I’m seriously looking forward to what the future entails for this game, it’s extremely promising stuff!

3 Likes

you know what sure why not lol

that an true point lol

Welcome @Sirmucle to weight gaming. Unfortunately it’s against the site rules to ask for an update from a developer. This includes things like asking if a project is still being worked on or stating/asking that(if) a project is dead.

You can check the FAQ - Weight Gaming for more info.

Are we going to see more Maerwynn in the future? I feel like we did not get to know her.

1 Like

There had been a break in development for the dev last year and the update that was released in august (0.4) was both a remake and plans for a continuation. Some of the content was from non remake version (0.3). 0.3 was where Maerwynn was introduced and the remake had just not caught up to the 0.3 content in the latest version. So there will be more content for all characters featured in the game currently as well as plans to add additional stages, girls and content.

2 Likes

Update on progress:

Unfortunately, progress is slow. The amount of time I can work on QoC shrunk from 10-20 hours per week to 4-5 hours per week. And it’s been that way since I released v 0.4 in August. That’s not to say, however, that progress isn’t being made.

I need to make final touches on the visuals, but otherwise, all the content I had planned for Brenna’s weight stage 3 story path is finished. I hope everyone will enjoy playing that part of the story as much as I enjoyed creating it. I personally think it’s the best weight stage of content in QoC so far.

Right now, I’m working on Annora’s new weight 3 story path. As you’ll recall, Annora’s former weight 3 became her weight 4, as her original size increase from her weight 2 to 3 was really large. Although her big blowup made sense at that point in the story (Emacian diet ftw!), I wanted to add another intermediate weight stage to better savor her gain.

As far as content goals with the next release, I’m hoping to have all Annora’s and Brenna’s weight 3 content and the beginning of their weight 4 content complete (ending right before the big Emacian royalty visit scene I’m planning). I’m also hoping to have at least 1 new character introduced.

For those of you wondering about a date for the next release… I’m wondering as much as you. There’s a lot to write and render for a whole new Annora weight stage 3.

I hope this provides a decent summary of progress on QoC right now. Feel free to give me feedback on my approach to content focus as well. If I’m really off the mark focusing on Annora weight 3 when everyone actually wants to see Genevieve fatten up ASAP for example, please let me know!

24 Likes

sure fine with me its your idea not mine but you could make it 1 size behind that what i think what the player choices are like for example if the player mostly hangouts with there size should be bigger among all other character if they spend time with some other character they will get bigger as long you hang out with them or get them interested to it that what i was thinking but keep up the great work vrazz

It’s nice of you to provide an update at all, since you’re just working on this in your spare time and don’t owe anyone progress notes. The best thing you can do for those who’ve enjoyed the game so far is take your time and enjoy the process so you don’t get burnt out. Personally, I like all the girls so much I couldn’t say who I’d want to see new content from most in the next update, and I’d rather you worked on the parts you really want to get done, again in the interest of you enjoying the game’s development with the time you have to focus on it. I’m crossing my fingers your schedule opens up though :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Keep cooking, we will await that update no matter when it comes out :saluting_face:

3 Likes

I love all the girls, but throwing my support out for Genevieve! The last scene with her was superb and she has incredible promise.

4 Likes

I agree the pacing was a little fast originally so adding intermediate content seems like a fine goal. As long as you add as much writing/plot/lore as you add new renders to even it out. Which it sounds like is what you’re working on.

2 Likes

I’m looking for more of an informal discussion about this subject rather than a formal poll: I’m wondering how the followers of my little project feel about renpy sprite-on-background vs fully rendered images.

I ask because as I alluded to a few weeks ago, my time to work on QoC has gone down considerably. I’m tossing around the idea of changing some scenes in the project to a sprite-on-background format rather than full image renders. It’s been discussed elsewhere on Weight Gaming, but this format significantly reduces render times.

The full image renders I do take an average of ~30-40 minutes per render. With sprite-on-background, rendering the background once takes that 30ish minutes, but then rendering each character pose takes maybe 2-5 minutes.

As far as I can tell, a lot of developers here who do 3d art will queue up a batch of scenes and let them render overnight. For me, that method hasn’t worked. I like to write the novel on one screen as the scene is rendering on another. It helps me to stay engaged with the project and spot any glaring errors that I can correct by terminating the render early. So the reduced render time of sprite-on-background could really help me out considering the way I like to create this game.

However, I’d like to hear from devs who have used sprite-on-background, as I think it does require some extra work in certain areas. For example, you have to coordinate showing sprites and backgrounds whereas right now I just display the full image and move on. So I’m wondering if the reduced render times will be cancelled-out my having to work more with displaying the sprites.

It’s also worth mentioning, I would never move entirely to sprite-on-background. The scenes where the characters are doing anything other than standing in front of the player would remain fully rendered images. Sprite renders may also allow me to have the characters “move” a little more in each scene too, which may make them feel a little more lively.

8 Likes

I would struggle to find positives of sprites outside of ease and saving time on rendering. Sprites always felt a bit “cheap” to me compared to full renders. Full scenes are always of higher quality and better immersion for the story to me. There a lot more that can be accomplished or communicated to the player through full scene renders in my opinion. The huge negative is time and effort when compared to sprites.

Now you are a single dev with no requested support making a game for free. And this sounds like a workflow problem since the way you like to develop is what makes the full renders more of an issue. So at the end of the day it’s probably best to do what works best and makes the most sense for you.

10 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate that feedback. I share the view that sprites can feel “cheap,” especially when they aren’t done in a way that makes them feel well-blended into the scene on which they appear. I guess the question I have to ask myself is, does the convenience of easy renders outweigh the reduction in quality.

6 Likes

true i was trying daz for the first time for wip game still trying my best i will probably releasing 2024 because the long progress

I think Wholehog does a good job of mixing it up, using sprites for repeatable scenes with various sizes and expressions and full renders for “true” scenes. (at least I think that’s what he does). It seems to work fine there.

Your game however plays more like a story, that is all scenes, rather than an actual game, that will probably make the use of sprites a bit more iffy.

5 Likes

Sprites are like 90% less work. Use sprites. ASAP. Especially if you’ve little time devoted to the project AND don’t like to use manrender’s renderqueue.

Only way I could see sprites being unneeded is maybe if you have a 4090. But even then. Sprites aren’t just FAR less render time they’re far EASIER to set up. Because it’s not just faster renders, it’s less renders.

3 Likes

Personally, since I use VAM to create content, I simply build the scene, adjust lighting, background etc and then use raw screenshots. Yeah, it’s nowhere near the same level of quality you get from a render, especially with hair, but it still looks decent and is certainly enough for my needs.

I doubt the same can be done in DAZ, renders are probably much more of a necessity working with it.
Renders obviously look better, there’s no denying it, but good story is more important than absolute perfection on visuals to me, so as long as they are good quality I don’t really mind the sprites on background approach

1 Like