The Sultans Harem 🕌 - V0.4 on Patreon / V0.2 on itch for FREE

Goodness, the genorosity of the Sultan is legendary, he appears to be quite generous with how many desserts he’s feeding his harem!

7 Likes

Yo can we please spoiler those teaser images for plebs like me. Thanks for the share.

7 Likes

hmm you do have point there man

1 Like

Really cant wait to play this, such an interesting story line

3 Likes

Version 0.1.4 bug report, errors, feedback, etc.

• There are typos, that most commonly are missing periods at the end of sentences, missing apostrophes on some contractions (don’t, can’t, etc), some misspelled words. I will have a document file linked with them.

• “See the oracle.” option only appears once you have given enough gold to have her tell you about part one, two, or three of the prophecies. Not sure if this is intended but if it’s not a bug being able to go and see the oracle without paying money should be a thing. (especially since she gains weight every time you donate. There is just no way to see her at any of the stages she has beyond the first time you donate.)

• The Sultan doesn’t actually have a line for quite awhile during the opening and when first meeting the baker. Most things are said through narration, and it feels a bit odd to not have the MC actually utter words for most of the intro.

• Lela has no dialogue after being handed a muffin. (this is standard from how the other interactions are) It just says, “She eats it immediately” and then no response. This feels like it should have something since she questions what a muffin is and if she will like it.

• I think it’s odd to gift a girl something and after she eats it there is no response from her to the player about said item.

• Lela, during the line, “Ugh, today I am feeling just so unergetic today…” (on top of unergetic needing to be unenergetic) Her sprite disappears after advancing the dialogue.

Exception error. This happens during all stages for Lela

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label ‘lelafood’.

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “game/girls/lela/lela_talk.rpyc”, line 214, in script
File “C:\Users\hvyme\Documents\Cheat Engine\Fetish Games\Sultan’s Harem\TheSultansHarem-0.1.4-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File “C:\Users\hvyme\Documents\Cheat Engine\Fetish Games\Sultan’s Harem\TheSultansHarem-0.1.4-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError(“could not find label ‘%s’.” % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label ‘lelafood’.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren’Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Sultans Harem 0.1.4
Mon May 1 00:06:34 2023

• Actions like feeding girls through gifts or the meals that remove energy don’t kick you back to the Harem menu afterwards. This can lead to you watching a girls sprite update in front of you to a new size, or having no energy and having the menu to do actions still up. It feels like anything but talking to a girl should probably kick you back to menu to pick to choose to see someone from the harem.

• Picking “Walk through town” while already in the town (from not finding anything of interest) does not consume energy or advance time.

• You can’t buy different foods from the bakery. Having an inventory system seems like a good bet for this type of game so if you have money and want to be able to give gifts to multiple girls you can.

• You can feed the same girl over and over again for 5gold or gifts. It feels like this should probably be limited to being locked as an action once it has been done once a day. It doesn’t seem unbalanced but it does feel odd to be able to keep doing the same action over and over and over until out of energy.

• You can choose to sleep when you still have energy. Just seems like this option shouldn’t be here as you can’t/don’t need to pass time. And when your out of energy you are made to go back to your chambers anyway. So you won’t need to choose this until you have zero energy.

• You can work on new laws from the chambers and also the courtroom. Not sure if this is intended to be able to do it also at the chambers.

• When you go to place the last large order with Fatima even though she says she can’t do it (this is during the event not the warning text that you get after this event), it takes 50 gold.

There isn’t a whole lot to do but the weight events for the girls are nice. However, they feel very passive like the Sultan is just there (or in some cases not really and arriving very late). The Sultan does not have much of an active role in any of the fully rendered events that happen (and I don’t mean things like player choice within scenes although that would be welcome as well. More like sometimes if the Sultan did not show up or was not around it would not stop the event from happening without them. The sultan often just comes across a girl doing her own thing.) And outside of picking options to bring them food it feels mostly like the girls are just around and doing their own thing with the Sultan mostly not have an active role with them. I think this is amplified with no real interactions from the Sultan and girls.

They talk, but it’s not clear what the Sultan wants out of the harem. Sex? Unsure there is basically not touching or interactions, Feeding? Unsure everything is very passive outside of menu options. There’s not really any dialogue indicating what the Sultan wants, or expects from the girls. Weight gain? Well implied by the comment to Arya about how they like their women but outside of that we don’t actually get much outside of the Sultan complimenting some women in a few different staged events.

This is early WIP and likely all this is just missing scenes and context of planned content. But that would be to my point the things adding here need to fill in some of these blanks and fill out how their relationships will work.

• There are a lot of text scenes that describe different times the girls are eat. Like giving them treats, having servants bring food, having some of the random dialogue options that add food. It would be nice to see eating, stuffing, and actual dialogue interactions going on during these. They feel like they were implemented as a based to be worked off off, but unsure. And these would help in making the Sultan (and player) feel like they have a more active role in things.

• There’s time during the narration where “the Sultan” and “You” are used. Definitely within the same events at times.

• Lela’s last weight event scene has some issues where the renders don’t match the text. Talking about her stomach being too large and touching the table, or mention of her clothes don’t match what is depicted in scene.

The renders are gorgeous of course. The girls look and feel unique. They seem different from each other in personality, looks, dialogue, and gain. The Sultan on the other hand, I’m not sure if the vibe is to go for more of a self insert character with minimal everything.

But with what’s here I feel like the Sultan is missing in a lot of the elements the girls have. The other side characters introduced have more personality and feeling than the MC. As a player I feel more like I’m watching “The Sultan” character than “being” the Sultan. I think part of that is the narration switching between 2nd, and 3rd person at times, lack of dialogue and personality the Sultan has in scenes, and how passive the Sultan seems to be in events or certain scenes. Like they just happen regardless of if they (I as a player) was there or I have little to no effect on things. This is of course very early and I expect this to change but it could be a compounded issue if kept the same.

*I think this is a really good base for things, I hope things are added in for the first few stages available for content and events though. Because the weight stages and small bits of dialogue from each stage feel very tonally different as we progress through them. Like there is missing content and context. (Which one would very much assume is the cause with the first release of a WIP game.)

• Some games keep adding more and more stages and higher weights without fleshing out the early content in game or adding new girls, places, etc. With leaving certain in game elements barebones. And I think some devs are afraid to not include new stages or prioritize that while leaving parts of the game “barebones” or “unfinished” and it’s obviously an issue that compounds itself overtime. There isn’t a ton of content and events right now but what here feels pretty solid. As long as existing content, events, and systems are not completely halted in development in favor of “bigger” and “more”, I think this should be great.

The first release was great, I really enjoyed what was here and it left me wanting more. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what comes next keep up the great work.

Krod’s list of typos, errors, etc

6 Likes

First off: thank you for your in-depth review and all the screens of typos etc.

I originally had intended a lot more content for this version already - which I also already had put into the game, but which we couldn´t possibly finish with renders. I also hadn´t changed the ETA much after I transitioned from being a fully text-based game to a proper visual novel. So maybe I was just being a little overambitious with the amount of time given.

I will definitely work on the Sultan’s dialogue/role within the next time since I really think you´re right about it feeling way too passive atm.

Other than that I will add more activities with the girls and most likely some kind of base storyline to the game.

I also intend to refine the game continuously and not add just more and more stuff, so don´t be worried about that.)

P.S.: Why did you flag the image of Fatima as a spoiler? It’s just character art xD The one of Eyana I can understand at least…

4 Likes

Thanks for the release! It is a really nice game so far!

I feel like it would be nicer to have some interaction between the girls. For example, being able to hold a harem eating contest where all the harem joins could be a nice idea

What is your plan for the next version?

3 Likes

You’re welcome to not spoiler any images. And I know I am likely in an extreme minority with my likes and opinion on the subject. But anything that has not already been shown off in game is a spoiler (atleast that’s how I view it.) I personally don’t like any form of spoiler as I would always rather see stuff in context in game. Especially with weight gain or showing off sizes. It’s not lost on me that a lot of people enjoy seeing teasers and spoilers, they built interest, drum up hype, etc. With the forums built in spoiler feature you can please both sides, in my opinion. People that like or dislike spoilers. And give people an option to see something if they want to rather having something being involuntary.

There’s no forum rule or specific standard to do anything with spoilers you are welcome to do what you like. If you want to say or show off spoilers without using the built in feature you are welcome to. I had figured you might of forgotten about using the spoiler feature in a few cases.

5 Likes

@KuarterBound

Also had this idea a while ago, unfortunately it’s pretty unreasonable to realize…

If I just take the 4 girls who are in the game now- where each girl gains weight at a different time with 5 weight stages each - I would need 4x5 (20 in total) renders for every picture to do this. Not to mention that it’s intended to add more girls and weight stages…

I might add a duo of two girls at some point where I can do something similar to your idea tho.

2 Likes

@Krodmandoon

I see where you are coming from.

That´s why I have changed most images that could be seen as spoilers. Was just a little irritated that my posts got edited… if you had just asked I would have also changed them. I´m a pretty reasonable guy :sweat_smile: :smile:

2 Likes

I actually had. Though to be honest I didn’t remember how many of them there actually were as I tend to try to ignore that stuff. And with how long it had been I figured you had forgotten. It wasn’t my intention to do anything without your permission nor did I take anything away from your posts. Sorry for the misunderstanding. And I meant no ill intent.

3 Likes

@Krodmandoon

Oh, I see… I didn´t quite understand what you meant when you posted that to be totally honest :sweat_smile: if you would have called it spoiler feature or function I would have.

3 Likes

where do i download the game?

3 Likes

Welcome to weight gaming @Carlos_Miranda. There is not a current free version, so in order to download the game you would need to be subscribed to @livegoeson4’s patreon. You can check the first post if interested.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this! There is a un-reproducable bug. It seems like your rpy files are scrambled no sure if that is intentional (I like to fix serious bug on my own copy).

For talking with Lela (seems to be any stage 2+ at least), when she asks you about food, if you say “just for you.” it crashed the game (but reloading the game it didn’t do again always).

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'lelafood'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/girls/lela/lela_talk.rpyc", line 214, in script
  File "C:\Users\nicho\Downloads\TheSultansHarem-0.1.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\nicho\Downloads\TheSultansHarem-0.1.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'lelafood'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Sultans Harem 0.1.4
Wed May  3 01:24:13 2023

Also there is a Katerina folder in the game but she doesn’t appear in the game yet? edit I figured it out had to do the throne more often

1 Like

where do i download the game?

1 Like

Scroll two posts up @Daftsoul319.

4 Likes

Thank you, I see where I can download the game

1 Like

Hello, I really like playing the game but I don’t understand how to unlock lela. I have done all the choices I think and I have more than 100 in my opinion, I have already unlocked the other 3 girls but this one is not coming. anyone help me?

1 Like

On my side I only got the first one through exploring the town, I miss the two others

1 Like