The Weighting Game - WIP

hey man im sorry i feel bad that people do that

I haven’t told you to how to code your game, just sharing a temporary fix so people don’t ask about the event again (hopefully). If you (non-sarcastically) would like help with bugfixing I can share what I’ve found in private. If not, then I won’t. You do you.

4 Likes

I just played the new demo and… I cannot be more hyped about this game. I’ll try to contribute to the Patreon page in January :grin:

(P.S. Those cinema scenes are becoming my personal favorite).

You are defeating your own agument. I have already said that a) this bug has been fixed (was a simple typo, which tends to happen when you’re working after midnight) and b ) I would not be uploading a new version to fix it, so why post that unless you want to push me into updating stuff ? I have also said that I would much rather hear about a bug multiple times than not at all. If people want to keep posting about the same glitch, that’s absolutely fine. At least then I know about it and can fix it.

Am I aware that the code is badly written? Of course. I’m an ex-programmer and I cringe when I look at some of it, especially the very first stuff, but I am learning both Ren’py and Daz studio at the same time whilst trying to write the game itself and juggle a full-time job and all the other stuff in life.

Are there what you consider bugs? Of course. As I have repeatedly stated, the vast percentage of the game is work in progress and a lot of the variables are either placeholders or simply don’t work properly yet.

I’ll do me. You do you. You have my (admittedly badly written) code. Feel free to produce your own version :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from The Weighting Game:

I love your game so far but will you add force feeding and bondage in game. How big are you going to make her I like to see her become Immobilized.

I have not said anything about the state of the code. That is your own opinion of yourself and partially unwarranted because renpy is not a very elegant engine.

Why do you think my posting is about you, personally, when there is a clear societal motive? IE; provide something that might hopefully make this site’s community enjoy the alpha slightly more while they wait for your next release.

I’m happy to apologise for not asking permission but please consider this thing in the context of this thread. I don’t put things out there in some hate plot. I didn’t post a translation for that game as a ‘demand’. I just saw it as something people could enjoy. It was not the malicious move you seem to think it is.

5 Likes

There are two ways of reading this:

I think you meant that “here’s the duck event and I think I’ve fixed it”, but it’s just as easily read as “here’s a working duck event that @tiggertoo should have fixed”. I can see how the second interpretation would wind the developer up. In any case it would have been best to ask first before posting a patch to someone else’s game - he’s right there on the forum after all!

It’s clear that @tiggertoo didn’t appreciate the patch, so rather than burning cycles arguing about it how about you let him get on with the development?

8 Likes

@tiggertoo If you put the game on Patreon will it still be free in the future or must I pay you something on Patreon to play the next version?

@wasp33… I’m not going to rush into a decision, but that will probably be the case, I’m afraid. I am very out of pocket on this game. All the outfits that the characters wear, all the props, all the scenes and backgrounds etc. cost money.

It was always my intention to try to absorb as much of that as possible and keep the game free, if I could, but if members of this community are going to modify my code without permission, post it publicly even though I have already made it clear that the issue has already been fixed and try to push me into wasting my time testing and releasing pointless updates, then I think it’s only fair that I should be compensated for this.

@ dingotush… thanks for trying to pour oil on troubled waters. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I’d advise to avoid keeping it behind a paywall if you can. It limits the games potential audience and keeps potential FA “converts” from accessing it. But hey, you do you.
One of the biggest reasons I come to this site and support game projects is because I want this fetish to grow.

1 Like

@tiggertoo Definitely don’t feel bad about charging people for your game. People don’t have a right to the things you create just because they want to fap. If some vanilla game made using Honey Select and Renpy can get 10k on Patreon you can ask for money to pay for Daz addons because fuck those are expensive.

Could I please ask a mod to remove the file that Cheddar uploaded? He does not have my permission to modify my code or post versions of it here or anywhere else. It may very well work (I haven’t tried it) with the current version of the game, but that section will be revised later this month. I don’t want people downloading it, incorporating it into future versions and then reporting bugs that simply don’t exist.

@eman006 I do agree with you. But this has really annoyed me. If the guy had simply bothered to ask me first, all this would have been avoided.

@moonslashx People fap to these games? I thought they just played for the well-written storylines :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@tiggertoo Well ok. Thanks. Thank you for responding me and thank you for this great game. I really appreciate your work and the time you put into it.

1 Like

The link to the file has been removed.

I will need to ask anyone here to refrain from continuing to post about the issue, either directly or indirectly, on this thread. Take any further topics regarding this issue to PM.

3 Likes

@kilif Thanks.

And yeah, matter closed as far as I’m concerned. Onwards and upwards :slight_smile:

Force feeding is very likely at a later stage of the game. There’s already the first elements of feeding in the game, and I’m keen to expand on this!

Immobility is less likely, if for no other reason than Daz Studio really doesn’t handle fat characters at all well, and the fatter you make them, the worse they look. I’m still experimenting though! Haven’t decided on a final size as yet.

Christmas is coming, Alice is getting fat…

(Hannah may have put on a few pounds too)

I did ask them both to try and look Christmassy. Alice was keen enough, but you know what Hannah’s like. At least she agreed to wear red and the matching Christmas collar!

Eat?
They’ve had a large pizza each, the box of chocolates is empty and the big plate of cookies that were being left for Santa seems to have mysteriously vanished.

Drink?
Both bottles of wine are empty.

Be merry?
Hard not to, after a bottle of wine each. Hannah looks as though she’s enjoying herself, and Alice doesn’t exactly appear to be upset about having her new curves fondled.

Patrons get a couple of bonus images (with slightly fewer clothes…).

6 Likes

@tiggertoo Larger sizes can look good if you have some additional sliders. I’ve found this one to be helpful, Big Girl Morphs for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D

4 Likes

Yeah, I have that on my wishlist, although I’m currently using Genesis 3, partly because the assets tend to be slightly cheaper, but mainly because although G8 is generally a better model, G3 apparently has slightly more vertices around the waist area, so fat morphs are a little easier to implement.

I’m sure Santa is more than reasonable to give Alice and Hannah some delightful presents.

Plus, I’ll be asking Santa for a favour, there’s this BBW magazine that I’ve been dying to ask from the jolly old man, and I’ve been extra good this year.