The Weighting Game - WIP

Wow, loads of posts!

@Thatguyyounow I don’t really have any favourite images, although I do really like some of the Alice ‘teaser’ images.

@jcc309 Blasphemous or not, it’s a fact that Daz studio doesn’t handle big boobs well!

@TheSleepyBoi I did say a couple of times when I first introduced Hannah that I was trying to make her nasty. That didn’t pan out (in hindsight I’m glad it didn’t), but maybe that’s why people don’t like her.

@Big_Q Ah… Jezza. Love a bit of top gear! Fun fact… he asked a friend of mine out once, a few years back. When he was shooting in Peniston (yes, that is a real name for those not in the UK - often refered to as Penis town :stuck_out_tongue: ).

@JustChris That’s more or less the effect I was trying to achieve with Hannah :slight_smile:

@Krodmandoon That’s a pretty good description of how I’ve tried to make her personality come across.

@Dymometer2 At some stage, I think I’ve had a request for more of every single girl in the game :stuck_out_tongue:

@WolfyJRB_15 @Krodmandoon is correct. She’s called Lacy. Depending on how far you’ve played into the game, you’ll find out more about her…

@Math_Leb what disappointed you about it? From what I can gather you’ve not played very far.

@moonslashx boobs all the way!

2 Likes

She definitely fits the nasty criteria at the start for sure, the song “I don’t like your girlfriend” certainly comes to mind when thinking about Hannah

We all like the ample chest area!

2 Likes

@tiggertoo I went until the fortieth day, I don’t know if it’s a lot…, what disappoints me is the lack of guidance on what to do, I feel like I’m going around in circles when I would like to finish the game.

The game is not an instant weight gain game. If you are looking to do an event let’s say go to the cafe once. And never have it happen again. Then this game might not be for you. The game is a “slower” more realistic take on dating a girl. With the preference of weight gain and larger women being something the Mc likes. You will be repeating events as you are basically playing a dating sim with sandbox elements.

The dialogue is varied but you will see some of it repeat within the stages you’re in. There is a hint system that you can turn on and it will show a green arrow near any event that becomes required to progress(you will not see an arrow constantly just when you meet the requirements in game and let’s say need to go to the bar to trigger a scene that progresses the game).

You will never do an action in the game that doesn’t lead to you furthering the game’s progress but how often you do things and how you manage money will generally impact how quickly you progress.

If you need a very linear objective listed experience this definitely won’t hold your hand. It’s a game that will reward you for playing it but it is not going to tell you what you should do at every moment. That’s left up for you to chose to play how you want.

8 Likes

@Math_Leb If you’ve not come across any weight gain yet, then you’ve barely started the game, let alone finished it … :slight_smile:

This game won’t be for everyone. The world isn’t exactly overflowing with weight gain games, but most of them are along the lines of ‘girl overeats a few times and is 500lb a couple of days later’. I wanted to do something different and keep at least one toe in the pool of reality. The weight gain in this game is a lot faster than it would be in real life, but it’s still much slower than in most games. If you want something fast paced, this probably isn’t the game for you

And, as @Krodmandoon says, if you want to be handheld throughout, again, it won’t be for you. The storyline is fairly linear, but the way you can go about it isn’t. I’ve tried to create something that people can play at their own pace and in their own way, which means that the number of days played is all but irrelevant. If you have the hint system turned on then it’ll tell you if you’re at the point where you need to go to a given location to progress further, but it won’t guide you how to get there.

17 Likes

You can only date Alice but there will be more of Lacy and the other girls in the game in the future. Might have to wait until it’s finished to see more though as there won’t be any more public builds until the game is finished.

Summary

Also @Proxima_Centauri, if you are looking to actually spoiler that sentence (which I would recommend as it is a pretty late game spoiler) you can use the little gear icon on the far right of your reply window or type [spoiler] text goes here [/spoiler]

screenshot.4

2 Likes

What development engine do you use to make the game? I’ve read a bunch of these replies and must have missed if you (or krodmandoon) mentioned it.

1 Like

@kebab The game engine itself is Ren’py. The images are created in Daz Studio and I then do a bit (sometimes a lot!) of post-render work in Photoshop.

@Proxima_Centauri You deleted your post, so I can’t remember exactly what you said in it, but I like Lacy too!

5 Likes

The call feature goes missing after she gains some weight

@Man1 Where did you download the game from? There are still early versions (they say ‘Test’ on the main title screen next to the version number) of 0.7 floating around on other sites. That’s a very common bug in the test versions.

It’s also a bug, albeit very rare in the current version. You can try using the ‘wait an hour’ button for a few game days, which will hopefully reset the call button. If that doesn’t work then I’m afraid the only option is to restart the game.

Downloaded the link from here. Maybe it’s because I’m emulating it using joiplays renpy plug in. And wait an hour doesn’t seem to work.

It’s a bug that Tiggertoo is aware of but it was originally supposed to be fixed with the bug fix version tiggertoo was working on when the whole pirating thing happen and they stopped work on the game and released the bug fix version as it was. So they are aware that it’s a rare issue that should of been fixed but seems to happen in the current version still.

The “fix” seems to be skipping time by up to a week and the call screen should come back. As Tiggertoo said you can move time forward by waiting an hour until around 22:00 or so and you can go to bed then just rise and repeat at least a few days but try a week or so.

Oh I see thanks for the help. Didn’t read properly.

2 Likes

If you downloaded the game here then you definitely have the latest version.

I haven’t tested Joiplay myself, but as far as I’m aware, it doesn’t introduce any further bugs.

As @Krodmandoon says, wait for up to a week. If that doesn’t work then I’m afraid you’ll have to restart.

1 Like

I somehow found an odd way to get around the bug but you must try hard untill the first wg stage before her appetite increases. This makes the call button permanent

Hi TT i liked your game but find it very sad that peoples are just paying to see some renders, and not that much progress are seen even if i know that you are certainly making… i tried something with daz but i wondered then why is there so little low camera angle view like this one?(i am a blender user… if you need some help)

i also tried the soft body… a bit weird… maybe i should try to add some vertex group…

HAHA don’t look at this vid☺its WEIRD

But i highly recommend you to render with Blender, it will cut your render time and there is an Optix Denoiser that will just get rid of your fireflies!

find it very sad that peoples are just paying to see some renders, and not that much progress are seen even if i know that you are certainly making

Have you played his game? He delivers high-quality daz renders, unique dialogue, and gameplay based around variables that are affected by your decisions. I don’t think it’s fair to say people are just paying to see some renders. It takes a tremendous investment of time to design/render 3d images, write story, and write code by yourself like he does.

13 Likes

Quite an odd way to offer help. No reason to try and sugar coat an insult with empty compliments. Some times people work on stuff in private. If you want to know the story, they’re not putting out any more updates until the game is finished. As for why no low shots it’s just what they want to do. Everyone has their own style. As for “paying” At the moment nobody is paying anything due to the latest update being free for everyone. At least be grateful Tigger was nice enough to give that to us.

7 Likes

I assumed the ‘paying’ comment was refering to my Kofi page, seeing as @daftidiot1 rightly says, the current version of the game is completely free to anyone who wants it.

@ero646545 You are aware that the Kofi page is voluntary? Nobody is being forced to donate to it.

Games like this take a lot of money to make and I can’t afford to develop it at a loss. All the assets you see in the game (notice how most of the characters wear different outfits in almost every scene?) don’t come free and neither does the computer power to create them. Not to mention the thousands of hours that I’ve put in over the past two years or so actually working on this. The Kofi page is a tipjar to try and make enough money to finish the game with.

As for progress, yes, that’s slow, but you can blame the pirates for that. As I no longer have to try and meet any deadlines, I am working at my own pace these days rather than every single free minute that I have.

I definitely won’t be changing to Blender. As you’ve played the game, you’ll be aware just how many images there are. 0.7 has just over 2,600. I already have more than 1,000 new images for the next versions of the game. I’m not switching to Blender at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes