The Weighting Game - WIP

Are there specific days where Alice gets to the next fat level? For exmaples day 20 level 2 day 40 level 3 etc. Also, I have read that the waitress also gets fatter, how does that happen?

there is no set rate it’s entirely based upon your efforts and for the waitress pretty sure you have to visit her and take alice to the cafe a few times

1 Like

@Randomkid00 is correct. Some of the events in the game occur at set times, but Alice’s growth doesn’t. Her size is triggered by weight, not time.

@TZed Which version are you playing? If it’s the free release (0.2) then the waitress stuff isn’t in that.

3 Likes

Im currently playing on Version 0.4

In that case, it should happen eventually:)

I also read something about a debug console, how do i access that and what does it get me?

There isn’t a debug console. What you’ve read about is probably the extended stats display that I use for testing and forgot to disable in the initial release of 0.4. It’s now been removed.

2 Likes

Hi, I have reached one point, after Janet visit Alice, that i lied to her about i am a feeder. Now I can’t offer to her a donut when she visit me at the office, and no snack after dinner at my place. She will get fat anyway or i did something wrong, like the answer about be a feeder? Thanks for the help

So, you made a choice that will force you into a struggle for a couple of weeks, a choice that there was an option which would’ve skipped this struggle, the struggle can be overcome pretty easily though, all you have to do is try.

aka if you play totally randomly or incompetently you might not get out of this setback, but if you just make sure to meet her at the gym when she keeps going there and you take her out a bunch you’ll beat it no problem.

1 Like

Hi, in 0.5 version of the game can we keep the previous savegame?

I haven’t finished it yet, so impossible to say. However, I’m hoping that if you have a savegame from BEFORE the final scene of 0.4, then the save will work. Saves AFTER that scene definitely won’t.

Argh, I think I have saved the game

If I can skip the scenes, it means that i have see yet and the save game wouldn’t work in 0.5?

Will some of the new content fit into the timeline earlier than that (ending)? Wondering if there’s any reason to restart, even if my save is valid. And speaking of saves… I’m paranoid, I made 100s of saves. So no matter what point in time I have to go back to, I could, heh. Figured it made sense for an early access VN.

2 Likes

I thinked that if I reach the end before the new release i hadn’t problem to continue the game regularly, I hope so. I hope also the 0.5 comes as soon as possible

@namad I did have some new early content planned for 0.5, but I’ve shelved it (it wasn’t anything major). I’m getting more and more requests for old saves to be compatible, and that’s simply not possible if I add anything new to the earlier parts of the game.

@gabriele.cerbaro If you have a savegame from before the ‘end’ screen of 0.4, it ‘should’ work with 0.5. I won’t know this for sure until I finish writing it though.

I’m working on 0.5 as fast as I can, but I do have a full-time job and other commitments which come first. I’m hoping it’ll be ready by the end of the month, but no promises. Depends what else real life throws at me before then :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

savegame compatibility is overrated imo. But I guess if it’s what the people want it’s what the people want.

3 Likes

Something that caught my eye in my last playthrough. I tried to maximise romance before the big “Are You a Feeder?” question and was pleasantly surprised to see that all three options had a positive outcome. What interested me more however was only the “Blame” option appeared to have a negative impact to stats - lying didn’t (in as much as the expanded parameter display from v0.4-Final could show).

Firstly I appreciate that there are different flavours of MC’s personality that people can dip into for some light RP, but now I wonder if there is any hidden flag or indicator that is raised as a consequence of lying to Alice.

Personally I like the idea that it’s a risky strategy, one that could pay off handsomely or disastrously, especially if there are more opportunities presented to lie to Alice. Maybe this could be reflected in multiple endings, where repeatedly lying to Alice could come back to haunt the player - if it doesn’t ruin the relationship altogether…

Each choice should be able to trigger a negative event, but depending on your answer it can be easier/harder to avoid it. The stat change you’re seeing in the extended display is separate and probably only from the blame option, but you have to be doing somewhat poorly in order to get the alternate path from that scene.

I would gladly play this game again from the beginning to enjoy new early dialogue and events with any of the characters. I mean, that’s part of playing a game in-development, right? I really hope new ideas to fill out the story aren’t permanently scrapped so people who don’t want to play again can retain progress. But it’s a great game so far and whatever you decide to do with the next update will surely continue that pattern.

8 Likes