The Weighting Game - WIP

So going with her choice at the movies is good, when you watch the slushie movie saying you like her better is going to be an easy way (although random for the event to trigger which will net you + score) and of course taking her out to eat each weekend. This list is not everything that increases romance score but probably the easiest and most common repeatable things. Normally you can take her out just about do this every weekend, but it depends on how rng will work out some weeks.

Having Alice pay is not an immediate game over but it’s definitely something you don’t want to happen too often, really never. As far as teasing goes Alice doesn’t start to be comfortable with it until right before or around the time of the breakup depending on how you’ve played and so it’s probably safe to not tease her until after the event. As this is the only game over event in the game currently.

1 Like

Okay, so I was able to do some grinding and dug myself out of the hole :slight_smile: Alice’s mood improved to Happy and I finally got past the break up scene and was able to continue!

Just so I’m prepared, are there any other hard Game Over stops that I should be aware of? Now, Alice is on a diet and isn’t eating as much; I don’t want to push her (and get into that same position I was in) but I also want her to keep making progress!

Thanks again for all the help!

2 Likes

You can do no wrong anymore. There is no game over after this. Play how you want. Push her tease her encouragement. All is valid from here out and leads to different dialogue and some extended scenes depending on what you do.

1 Like

Haha, I really wish we could have sticky posts in threads… if we could I’d have one at the top giving more details on this as half the recent posts in this thread seem to be about the breakup scene :wink:

I did think about putting something in the first post of the thread, but nobody seems to read that, going by the amount of PMs I’ve had about wanting to be a tester for the next version :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, as I’ve said before, I’m not happy about the current lack of warning the game gives that Alice may break up for good with you if you haven’t satisfied certain criteria. The mood indicator in the ‘call Alice’ button is very much work in progress and doesn’t give enough information. The finished version (and this will be implented - again WIP - in the upcoming test version) will have an option when you call her to ask how things are going and she’ll give more a more detailed response about what she is, or isn’t, happy about.

If Alice is dieting, this won’t cause any real problems apart from a temporary slowdown in her weightgain. There are a couple of opportunities to ask her to stop dieting - at the gym when she texts you to say she’s there, and at the players house.

2 Likes

Let’s just say they haven’t been going hungry :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I myself have answered that at least three or four times in the last twenty days let alone anyone else :laughing:. I’d say its safe to say though that no matter what measures were taken to try to help lessen common questions. They will still pop up. I know I don’t mind answering the same questions often and I don’t really expect people to use the search function or read through long threads. Especially if they are a new user. So don’t mind me I’ll be here giving followers false hope of updates one post at a time :grinning:.

2 Likes

Considering that you usually answer questions long before I get round to doing so, I don’t think anyone is complaining! :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point i’m surprised that some people doesn’t know how to keep alice happiness high enough to finish all the content.
My schedule is something like this:

1. Waste 7-8 energy in the office
  2. In Mondays/wednesday/Friday at 8:00 go to the park and run with alice, feed her in other days
  3. always call her to come at the mc house in the late afternoon/evening
  4. In the weekends you basically go with her in every place the game offer to you
  5. You should go to the gym if alice send you a message saying that she can’t go with you.
  6. And the most important thing, don’t be a jerk with her.
7 Likes

Just to be clear Alice’s happiness has nothing to do with “seeing all content”. Which am making the assumption that you are referring to not getting a game over. It’s based on romance score.

The nice thing about the game is you can pretty much play how you want. What you suggest works for you and will work. For instance I don’t take her running ever other than to see the scenes trigger at each weight level. Mainly because I like seeing as many events as I can per weight level. I love personally seeing the differences for everything each time I play.

Alice can and will be happy generally just from doing things with her and not insulting and teasing her(atleast too early in the game).

1 Like

Ah making use of the how are things going option is a good idea, even as someone with a lot of play throughs I never know exactly where she’s at pre the potential break up scene. Also that Alice press up scene looks so hot, I know you said it’s a one off, but it could be cool if that became one of the recurring scenes that changes at you progress. The struggling to exercise trope never gets old. Then again… sure you already have enough you’re juggling :joy:

1 Like

Yeah your right, to avoid getting a game over screen, the rest of it is just my thing to see everything the game have to offer to the players :nerd_face:.
Also that’s another thing that makes this game good, that you can play the way you want it to play, missing some scenes is up to you.

2 Likes

I really can’t state how amazing my time has been with this game. I’ve continued having a blast seeing all the new scenes that have come up. I don’t think I’m “done” yet, as I’m still encountering new stuff (for reference, Alice’s weight is 251 lbs; not sure how high I can go in v0.7)

I’m still unlocking story progress with the other ladies as well, which is encouraging. I’m trying not to speedrun everything and instead simply enjoy the journey.

Overall, I really love the slow build up, not just for Alice but all of the other characters in the story. And it’s great being able to develop separate relationships with the other ladies (hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite me in the ass someday…) In an ideal state of the game, we’d get to end things with Alice and make a different girl our full time girlfriend. She’d be the primary contact in our phone for dates and scenes from that point on. I realize that’s probably a ton of work and not where the game is headed, but a guy can dream!

Here are some other hopes and dreams for the future of this game:

• Obviously, continued weight gain. I’m not sure what the “max” size will be, but I’m hoping we get into some ludicrously high weights and even some full-on gainer competitiveness between the girls.

• I’d love to have the option to convince Alice to quit the gym entirely and go full glutton

• Hopefully that can lead to more scenes where things are breaking under her weight (cinema chairs, restaurant booths, beds…)

As an added note, I love noting all the other women gaining weight in this town; not just the named characters, but ladies in the background at the bowling alley and movie theater. Appetites are clearly out of control, in the best way possible!

Keep up the great work on this; I’ll be eager to see more. If you need any testers or anything, I’d be happy to give some time to it!

3 Likes

You will know when you’re done as soon as you hit a to be continued screen.

But yeah I agree the pacing of the game and interactions with the girls are parts of why I love the game. And I would love to see those things added in as well. Here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:.

2 Likes

In terms of weight gain, just so people know, max size will hit a critical point very soon. The textures on DAZ models can only stretch so far without eventually looking less than ideal. The exceptions to that on are really high resolution textures but those are pretty damn rare and also very expensive.

This doesn’t also begin to take into consideration the sheer amount of clipping making a large character causes. You effectively start playing a game of “I know the belly is clipping through her legs but does it actually look like that” and also a rousing time of “why are the clothes testing my patience with all these fucking holes”.

But weirdly the more immobile levels of weight can actually be easier since you can just kind of hide clipping under the belly. Clothes are basically impossible at that point but that’s only an issue if you’re bothering to add clothing.

4 Likes

That makes sense; I know that DAZ definitely has its limits and some odd quirks to work around!

3 Likes

I definitely can only realistically see 2 or maybe 3 (if we’re lucky) size stages left before the models get too hard to work with.

Alice is pretty huge in some of the Kofi pictures and looks pretty good, but there might be some clever camera work on Tigger’s part to make her model still look good at that size. I imagine making good looking renders at those sizes is real hit and miss and hard to nail consistently without thinking outside the box and coming up with unorthodox solutions.

1 Like

@tiggertoo Can you recommend any great ways to learn Ren’Py? I’ve been using it for a few weeks now but all the tutorial videos I’ve followed haven’t been as useful as I’d hoped. When I look at the game you made, it’s a very similar structure to the types of games I’d like to make with more practice. Any advice?

1 Like

Yeah, clipping is a MASSIVE problem with Daz. The program simply isn’t designed to work with large characters, and even on skinny characters, you can have some really serious clipping issues. There’s a reason 95% of the models on the Daz store are stick thin. Daz just can’t handle curves. Some of my models, Alice especially, are definitely starting to creak around the seams a little, but I’m not finished yet :slight_smile:

As for my images, @Borabora is right when he guesses a lot of it is down to camera angles. Through a hell of a lot of trial and error, I’ve realised that some poses simply won’t work from some angles, no matter how much you tweak them. If you’ve ever wondered, ‘Tigger, why don’t you have such and such a position/angle - it’d look awesome’, that’s probably the reason why I’ve never used it. I tried it and It looked bloody awful :stuck_out_tongue:

And the rest of it is down to morphs. A shedload of them. The current larger Alice model currently uses getting on for 200 separate morph targets to get her looking like she does.

@bertmacklinsbrother I don’t think I’ve ever watched a Ren’py video. The way I went about it was to look at the inbuilt tutorial. It’s excellent for learning the basics and if you get stuck (as I frequently do!), it’s such a commonly used program that I find simply googling whatever I’m stuck on usually leads me almost straight to an identical issue that someone else has already solved :slight_smile:

Best advice I can give is by all means aim for the stars, but start small. Those who played the very first version of my game will probably remember that it started off as just a couple of very simple scenes with mostly placeholder graphics. I gradually added to that with each new version and ended up with what I have now…

So, I’d say get a simple base game up and running and build on that. It’s much MUCH easier, especially in a program like Ren’py, to add bits to an small, working framework than it is to produce something massive and then have to spend countless demoralising hours debugging the thing.

7 Likes

My idea to get around the clipping is to use Virt-a-mate to import/recreate Alice and then export to Daz/render in Virt-a-mate. I haven’t used it my self but from what I’ve seen they can get to extreme sizes.

virt-a-mate doesn’t really solve the clipping problem at all in anyway.

Things clip in virt-a-mate and either people are more forgiving of a real time render, OR the scene you downloaded has already had it’s designer carefully edit things to avoid clipping.

virt-a-mate2.0 though currently in alpha will have some great features though for fat characters in terms of soft body physics simulations though.

4 Likes