The Weighting Game - WIP

I’ve never used joiplay, but I’ve had a number of people tell me that the game runs under it without any issues.

Game runs fine on joiplay, the joiplay app itself is the issue at times depending on the phones system. At least that’s how its been in my experience.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. There are a lot of different android devices out there, all with their own variants of the OS. Some are better than others

I am currently using a samsung tablet that is using android9 and is compatible with joiplay.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve gotten her to ‘happy’ level yet when I get to meet her sister it still isn’t enough.
Am I doing something wrong? Are there any tips on helping pass that point anyone knows?

Because so far I’ve played through this game twice and STILL haven’t past that point! :frowning:

1 Like

Are you getting a game over? Or just the breakup scene? The game over is permanent and you need to start over if that occurs and the breakup is supposed to happen (the non game over version). Although it is possible to skip the breakup (temporary one) it is actually expected for most players to get the breakup scene as it is not expected to have a new player play well enough to avoid it.

Assuming you are talking about the game over version how do you avoid it? Well, I have made a few posts about it (as many others have as well). If you click on the quote linked below, the little arrow in the top right corner, it will lead you to a post that has more info on how romance score works, which will get you passed the game over.

TLDR is that most likely you are teasing Alice too early in game, or making her pay for things and this lowers your romance score low enough that you are not passing the check needed to not give you a game over.

If worst case you can’t get passed it I have a save here that gets you past it. Although, it is a save from one of the times I skipped the temporary breakup scene entirely so just be aware.

1-1-LT1.zip (238.6 KB)

Just unzip the file and drop the save file within the folder into your “saves” folder section. It is located within the “game” folder.

2 Likes

Ok! Good news! that save you gave me worked! Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

No problem. That is the only part that has a game over so you should be fine from there. And you have alot of game left :+1:.

1 Like

Well… Joiplay runs fine if you download the latest release from it’s patreon website, i’ve test it with my tablet and with my phone and no problemo at the momento.
It’s weird the way it runs on each device because it supposed to use some stuff the game and the app haves, just like a emulator i believe but sometimes none of them haves that necessary file so it just closes without leaving any trace in log.txt.

That’s worst when the game haves more than 10GB of images or assets or anything the game needs to run, or some images are bigger than the screen resolution, and of course… ARM limitations when it tries to run a exe program.

2 Likes

Really do wish I could sticky posts. I’d have one right at the top for the breakup scene :stuck_out_tongue:

Not much point adding it to the first post as nobody ever bothers to read it…

For now… does evil dance

4 Likes

I’m probably going to use some level of image compression for the final game, although nothing like as drastic as for 0.7. At an absolute minimum, the finished game will have at least 5,000 images, so could easily take 10GB or more.

6 Likes

any idea when I cant wait its my all time fav

@Unknownwarrior welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, it’s against forum rules to ask for updates on game progress. And TBH, I don’t have an ETA anyway. I’m no longer working 100 hours plus a month on this, simply going at my own pace, so it’ll be ready when it’s ready :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Also worth mentioning @tiggertoo has no plans to do public releases anymore. When the game is done, that will be the next time you are likely to see a release.

4 Likes

You should get a dollar every time someone asks that. But hey, the game is so good no wonder everyone wants more of it

Patience is a virtue :relieved:

8 Likes

That would probably make me more money than I’ll make for selling the finished game :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m probably going to use some level of image compression for the final game, although nothing like as drastic as for 0.7. At an absolute minimum, the finished game will have at least 5,000 images, so could easily take 10GB or more.

I’ll make all the room necessary in my hard drive :stuck_out_tongue: don’t you worry

3 Likes

In that case, perhaps I should make all the images 4K uncompressed CMYK TIFF files instead of 1080 RGB JPEG/BMPs…

150GB plus game, anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Bigger is the game and bigger is Alice… Right?
Haha actually i already think that she is heavy enough but i know that more plot can be made arround the routine story

4 Likes

That would take awhile to download ngl even with my fast internet speed