The Weighting Game - WIP

Onlyfans, eh? Interesting. Never even considered them!

I’ll have to look into that in more detail. And fairly soon. I’ve now got a third, yep, third, adjusted character to show off. And this one isn’'t just a tweaked hairstyle. Pretty much everything about her has changed apart from her hair :stuck_out_tongue: Lots of renders to redo, but I think it’ll be worth it.

@Curves_Conniseur it’ll come as no surprise to anyone who even remotely follows this thread to learn that @Krodmandoon is correct. It’s very very unlikely there’ll be any immobility. My morph/pose/camera adjusting to hide naff looking models has improved a lot over the years, so the characters will almost certainly end up larger than I envisaged, but not immobile size.

7 Likes

Still haven’t decided for definite, but looks as though I’m probably going to bite the bullet and go back to Patreon. Onlyfans takes a much bigger slice of the pie than Patreon does, and Subcribestar has got a fair bit of negative press, and seems generally less trustworthy than Patreon.

Patreon may be crap, but better the devil you know, and all that sort of stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

@tiggertoo Patreon now also gave the creators a toggle to have subscribers pay every month on the same day as they start their sub instead of the 1st every month. no more double payments when subscribing later in the month!

5 Likes

Another thought on that matter that occurred to me and it’s a small gripe, one I don’t personally have, but people might be concerned about the idea of platforms they support or want to or don’t want others to see on their credit card/debit card statements (or other social preferences). I figure its way easier to explain a Patreon than it is an Onlyfans purchase. Since Onlyfans is going to have a perception to some and may raise some eyebrows (even though Onlyfans has a huge amount of non sex work content creators and other individuals using it now and Onlyfans themselves try to normalize the platform outside of sex work) for people that aren’t able or willing to be open with kink and fetish stuff but share the same space with loved ones and family.

And while Patreon has many issues, like YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter they are popular and successful for a reason despite their flaws, and probably the path of least resistance for the content you want to put out there.

4 Likes

Really? About bloody time!!!

edit @Krodmandoon Yes, that had occured to me. If anyone was going to look at my credit card bill, I’d rather they saw Patreon on there than Onlyfans :wink:

7 Likes

I have just finished the story and I want to say this is the best feederism game I have ever played. I can not believe a fetish script in a game was able to make me feel any emotions aside from horniness. I do not know who the fuck are you, tiggertoo, but if this is not talent, I do not know what is. The relationship development is really believable, and the characters all seem real too. I very appreciate the way Alice accepts feederism, because the initial stage of denial is just so well-thought and justified. The big difference from other WG games is that you actually build on the old content, and not create new from scratch. Each story point has a really great amount of activities without useless characters, useless locations, etc. Everything has its purpose and place in the game. And, as a game developer, I can not really estimate the amount of work that went into this visual novel. Fucking thousands of renders and several books worth of text, it seems impossible for a single person to do, but you somehow managed it. The commitment is insane.
Also, about gaming piracy… Tiggertoo, its a shame that some people choose to steal such a great product, but you can not fight it, and, besides, its effect is not as big as you may think. Most of the people who pirate games can not really afford to buy them for different reasons. I am not even speaking about broke students. For example, I will not be able to buy the full version because of the war in Ukraine, not matter how much I want to, because its just physically impossible for me. Some people may have similar situations… Except they do not risk dying but well lol. There is a research that says that on average gaming piracy is actually beneficial to the sales of the game, so you might want to look at that data.
Anyway, thank you so much! It was a lot of fun, although the last 60 lbs felt a little like a drag, as I ran out of content on the first 10 lbs and just had to repeat the cycle of “work - feed Alice 3 times - eat at home on weekends” for an hour. But otherwise this is such a great game! Becca was my favourite character, I really look for more of her :wink: and I wish you luck, persistance and good sales!

4 Likes

I’m not sure I know who I am either. Some might say I’m a figment of @Krodmandoon 's imagination. And others simply find me annoying :slight_smile:

Joking aside, it’s more luck than talent that I’ve come across a storyline so many people seem to like. I didn’t spend days/weeks/months writing the plot out in great detail. I just came up with a basic premise and, pun intended, filled it out as I went along. And some of the characters, including Becca, are simply made up as I go along.

I will admit to having put a lot of work into it though. And there’s still a lot more being done and to be done. I’m working away on the next version right now, although I did take a small break to render a test image of the three remodelled characters. Don’t think it looks too bad, so I’ll probably post it on whatever site I decide on for a tipjar.

Piracy…? Well, I get that it’s always going to happen, but in a fetish as small as this, it does way more harm than good IMO.

Glad you enjoyed the game so far, and thank you very much for your kind comments!

edit Oh, and seeing as you said Becca was your favourite, here’s a pic I was never able to post on Kofi, for obvious reasons… (blurred because it’s NSFW rather than due to it being a spoiler)

28 Likes

Unfortunately, everything that’s ever been up for purchase anywhere has been pirated in one way or another. It’s just a fact of life that some people are selfish assholes who don’t give a shit. All you can do is keep your head held high, not let the admitted minority get to you, and focus on the majority of people who actually want to support your game because a properly supported creator always has more to offer and the only really bad thing about a completed game is that it’s completed.

But that’s what future projects are for!

1 Like

And by “completed” I mean that in terms of a player finishing it. I always want more when I finish a game I really liked.

1 Like

Is it just me or even the background images here a higher resolution than in the game in the past? I feel like it improves becca’s skin tone a lot (although if it takes a ton more time to render maybe not worthwhile?)

2 Likes

The images in the 0.6 and 0.7 versions of the game were heavily compressed. Probably a bit too compressed, especially in 0.7, but I had a lot of complaints about people not being able to download from Mega and the like due to the size of the file.

The above image of Becca is the same size as all the other uncompressed game images - a 1920 x 1080 .png file. When I eventually finish work on the game (ETA 2054), I’ll do some proper experimentation into how much I can compress the images without sacrificing quality.

2 Likes

Well just like almost everyone told to you @tiggertoo, piracy rule #1 is: if it’s good enough they’ll get it, furthermore is a good sign that you’re doing things right and that’s why they want your stuff.

Also if i’m not wrong your vn was one of the first ones that includes weight gain on top, nowadays there’s a lot of that, i bet that there’s also more to come in the next years.

I’m watching your vn since it was only a concept, just like other games around this website and others like this and i hope that someday/somehow you’ll finished it, because there are so much good stuff around and most of them are still in development or abandoned, with no trace left behind in some cases.

Thank you so much for your reply, tiggeroo! This wall of text was worth it xD

Either there’s a bug or its the end of the Hannah content, but after she sends the picture about stopping her stuffing her face with cake (some time after space wars and Alice is in the 200s), the guide arrow flashes at the cafe, but no Hannah event happens. I’m using 0.7.

I think I got it sorted out. It is kind of a bug, but it triggered once Janet showed up pregnant and Alice went up another weight tier

@Mark-627 Piracy rule #1 is: if it exists, whether it’s good or bad, steal it :stuck_out_tongue:

My game will almost certainly get finished. I’ve been working on it for too long (3 YEARS next month!) to give up.

@Trololo1121112 I like walls of text. Gives me an excuse to post walls of rubbish in return :slight_smile:

@Bagelsworth I think I know the bit you mean. It’s not a bug as such. The event is there, but will only trigger when you order a coffee, and the game doesn’t prompt you to do that. Yet another thing on the massive list of tweaks to make to the finished version.

2 Likes

Well, even when I ordered coffee, it didn’t pop until Alice’s weight did. Just a bit of strange event ordering I think. On that note, You can start having drinks with Lacy before she even tells you her name which is also a little odd, but not as big a deal

Definitely possible you’ve hit a bug. Although it’s not one I was previously aware of.

0.7 wasn’t nearly as debugged as I’d have liked it to be thanks to the piracy ‘unpleasantness’. Can you do me a favour and confirm that the startup screen doesn’t have ‘test’ on it anywhere? The initial version of 0.7 was riddled with bugs, and it’s so long since I worked on that version that I have no idea what was fixed and what wasn’t.

I’m reworking all the hint stuff from scratch in the new versions of the game. But it’d be helpful for tracking down issues to know which version this is happening in.

As for Lacy, yes, you can have a drink with her a few times before swapping names.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, there’s no “test” anywhere. Just v0.7. Hannah, Becca, and Alice sure are getting big. Is it going a certain fatty harem route I wonder? kek

2 Likes

I don’t think the test version of 0.7 is labeled test. I called it that when I was discussing bugs when it first came out. I believe both 0.7test and 0.7 appear identical.

Which is why pirates kept obtaining 0.7test and playing it and reporting bugs with it even after 0.7legitreal was publicly available.

If you got the game from the OP of this thread, it’s the correct version, otherwise it’s 0.7test.