The Weighting Game - WIP

Yeah, that would work. Seeing as the game only refers to the MC as second person (‘You’), that could be taken as either male or female.

Although, as @moonslashx rightly says, that won’t do anything to change the visual appearance of the MC to another gender.

4 Likes

Odd question: but do you think you’ll have sound effects added into the game? Like stomach rumbles, clothes ripping, chairs creaking, etc etc

(My B if there’s already sound effects in already, been a while since I played through the game)

2 Likes

Been awhile since this was asked last but I don’t think things have probably changed.

Since the question has been asked a few times the general answer given then was a no.

1 Like

Just a suggestion to either Tiggertoo or Krodmandoon, it may be worth making a FAQ on a shared document and linking it in the first post - or having it as a spoiler people can open :sweat_smile: It may reduce the number of times people ask about the game over screen, or why Alice isn’t gaining weight, and all the other repeat questions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just kinda want to throw a post out here because there almost always seems to be people having a bit of a struggle with the game, but the absolute easiest way to get things moving, is to set a bit of a routine until you get later into the game. When you have full control over your gameplay/decisions with time, a big thing early, is making sure you’re spending adequate time working. Money is important, and if you spend time working early, when Alice is still starting, it makes it easier to work a bit less later, because you’ll have a surplus to chip away at. Another big piece of advice is making sure not to pressure Alice early. She’ll gain weight if you’re just consistant. My normal early game routine is something like wake up, compliment on the phone, converse on the phone, and depending on if I have surplus cash or not, i’ll either go to the park/gym to meet up with her and increase affection, or simply wait an hour and then head to work. I recommend working until you hit two energy, because you can then take her out to two places at least, generally if you do food, and then your place, you’ll get the best results. Cooking at your house early also is fine, because you should be getting enough regular affection if you’re using your phone to talk with her every morning, that just slamming through the cooking skill early is fine. Weekends are important as well, make use of the beach option, and then you can usually follow it with bowling and a movie, or bowling and assorted other activities. I also recommend ending most every day inviting her to your place. (mind you I have no idea how the code actually works, this is just from anecdotal experience and a lot of time playing the game) This seems to increase affection, especially if you’re cooking for her, to the point where you really shouldn’t have to worry about it unless you’re being specifically antagonistic. Another thing to remember, Alice is not into gaining at the start, teasing is generally an affection negative early on into a save. Your whole mission plan, if you’re just trying to get into her later weight stages, is to be a very positive, supportive boyfriend. That means you gotta realize when to prioritize her self-image as opposed to your desire to see her get bigger. Keep in mind these are just generic tips because finding the most optimum path for you is part of the fun, but this should be enough if you just keep some of these generic/basic tips in mind, to get you past the game-over hurdle.

3 Likes

Sure I agree it probably would reduce it to an extent and it’s a good idea but there will always be people that don’t read or wouldn’t look at the first post.

There is a search function on the site as well and it’s really good to be honest. You can search within the topic you are browsing when looking for information and the advanced search gives a lot of options to narrow down and get what you might be looking for. But until people search a topic to see if the question they want/need an answer to has already been asked, there will always be repeat questions :sweat_smile:.

I don’t personally mind answering repeat questions. I always look at it like a streamer would. People get here at different times and have different knowledge and awareness of things. So you will most likely need to field the same questions because of it.

1 Like

True, but if there is a FAQ or link to a FAQ in the first post, then those who don’t read it and ask anyway would then be showing a bit of disrespect really - I wouldn’t expect people to use the search function necessarily, but I would expect reading the first post before asking anything.

And it’s great you don’t mind answering repeat questions and you’re most definitely an expert on the subject :sweat_smile: , but personally as an avid follower of this game & thread (perhaps the same for others) it is a bit tiring reading the same question sometimes multiple times in the same week.

And if that is just me then nevermind, it’s just a suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a nice idea, and I have thought about doing it, but the first post in the thread is already too long for most people to bother reading :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and @TheSleepyBoi Yeah, I’ve been asked about sound effects before. No plans to add any, I’m afraid.

1 Like

I will mention, last time you were asked no one had done it before, and now there are some VNs out there with belch sounds, although IMO, I agree they’d detract from alice’s personality in my imagination since I can imagine she sounds like whatever I want.

1 Like

Tbh sound effects are best in games with a linear path without repeatable scenes. Because keep in mind how many times you do the same event. So you’d be hearing the same noise each time and then on top of that is Tigger supposed to put a different belch variant for each scene that involves something like that?

It’s a much bigger ask than what people think on top of the fact that it’d likely not be as satisfying as people would think it would be.

5 Likes

Honestly I imagine that most people would turn off the sound effects anyways, which makes it already harder to justify building.

And honestly, in my head I don’t picture any of the characters being big noisy stomach people, so it would be pretty jarring to suddenly have Alice just belching away.

7 Likes

I need help getting to the canonical path with no break-up. Ive tried to follow this recipe, and have followed every point here. Yet i still get to the temporary break-up. Is there any way of checking the romance score? Is there something crucial I am missing? I love this game and I am trying to get the most out of it while patiently waiting for the next update<3 Any advice?

2 Likes

The canonical path is actually the breakup path. There is a small scene and bit of dialogue that is not present in the breakup path for when you don’t break up. But outside of that there isn’t anything different. And currently it has no effect on the game (as in the “path” merges back from either of the two event outcomes right after it happens and is cleared.)

If you want advice on how to get there you really need to have more “perfect” play and spend a lot of time doing things that raise romance score (and no there isn’t a way to view it normally outside of seeing the code and what it has it listed as). Really should be no teasing whatsoever and maximizing the number of things that raise score as often as possible. It can be done pretty normally but won’t be obvious as what to do to a new player. The thing to remember is you don’t have to have Alice eat a ton for this to happen as you can go more slowly if you need to make sure you are over the threshold, but if you want to “cheat” I have a file here that is from one of my playthroughs for the non-break up scene right at the event. I might recommend doing it this way too as I said there isn’t largely anything different aside from the one scene and some dialogue (outside of the not breaking up for a week within game as well).

1-1-LT1.zip (238.6 KB)

3 Likes

Would like to say this is a fantastic game. Pretty long, love the slow burn and really addictive. Lots of work put into this. Animation, visuals, dialogue all great.

2 Likes

Glad you like it… but animation?

2 Likes

I misspoke with the animation lol.

2 Likes

With enough drugs any still image can be animated. :rofl:

4 Likes

Good point!

Errr, I mean, I wouldn’t know. Honest!

6 Likes

No one reads.

No one ever reads.

Especially if it’s something that would inconvenience them to read.

3 Likes

For me I basically did all the romantic things whenever I could and didn’t make a point of feeding Alice. It takes longer that way as you have to let her set the gain rate more naturally, but her default behavior, IC protestations aside, is to fatten up if you’re being good to her.

2 Likes