The Weighting Game - WIP

As ever, @Krodmandoon is correct and that’s very good advice.

Just to add that it’s a deliberately slow paced game, especially at the beginning. To start with, Alice is a slim, athletic girl who is is extremely conscious about her weight. It’s only natural that if she feels herself getting bigger, she’ll try and lose a few pounds.

How long it’ll take for her to start getting larger can vary enormously. I set out to make the game as open ended as I could, so that the player can choose to try and get her as big as possible as quickly as possible, or take things much more slowly. So, the amount of time played doesn’t affect her gain. What you do during that time does :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’ve just spotted that the game has now been downloaded well over 25K times just on this site! To celebrate, have a random outtake image (blurred as it’s a very slight spoiler, although given that there’s no context, it really is only very slight).

16 Likes

I hope someday we get the lore behind Alice’s clock collection.

2 Likes

I did ask Alice, but she just winked and said ‘All in good time’. I think she’s planning on getting a second job as a comedienne.

Or perhaps she’s waiting to reveal the answer if/when I run a Q&A session whereby people can ask the game characters anything they like and they’ll answer.

6 Likes

Honestly a Q&A session would be good fun, reminds me of all the Ask blogs I used to follow back in Tumblr’s glory days

3 Likes

Just a minute - hour we going to achieve that??

1 Like

I come to the point where i am taking alice 3 times a day for Food , but she ain’t gaining weight … doing this for 2 hrs , any help pls

What is Alice’s weight and what is the last major story event that happened? My guess would be you need to go somewhere to trigger the next story event. Generally early game this is the cafe and bar depending where you are in the story but might be something like taking Alice out to the fancy restaurant on the weekend as well.

You shouldn’t see no weight gain whatsoever for that long. Generally you shouldn’t ever see no weight gain for any long period of time. Do you have the hints turned on? It puts a green blinking arrow next to the place you need to go in order to advance the story.

1 Like

The green arrow is telling me to go to the pub

Okay well you have to go there in order to advance anything. Alice’s weight is “stalled” because there is an event, like going to the pub that needs to happen in order to advance the story and her weight numerically won’t increase until you make the event happen.

2 Likes

That is… odd shoulder posing on the MC there…

1 Like

@Condenser Alice says you’re better at jokes than I am. She’s now sacked me as joke coach and will be contacting you shortly for more.

@Big_Man As usual, @Krodmandoon is correct. As the game tells you at the start, there are times when you won’t be able to progress until you satisfy certain conditions. If the green arrow is telling you to do something, you don’t have to do it straight away, but the story may pause until you do so.

@Schattenjaeger one of the reasons it’s an outtake :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I should consider it an honour and a privilege to do anything for Alice! I might need some minute details and perhaps a second opinion before posting anything, but will try not to get ticked off…

Here endeth the time jokes.

Any useful tips for earning money faster ?

Yeah. It’s rather simple, really.

Go to work.

5 Likes

If you work enough you will start getting raises, which will obviously give you more money per period of working. There is also content for Becca from working.

3 Likes

There is only one tip for making more money, drink one cup of coffee a day, and choose to work for 2 hours when the workday only has 1 hour left in it.

Otherwise money isn’t that big an issue, just go on picnic’s instead of going to the cafe for breakfast dates, and other such events where you’re not having to pay a ton of $$$ (like make sure to invite her over for dinner every night because that’s lots of weightgain+ without the $cost of most restaurant style activities…

3 Likes

One other small tip.

You’ll only get raises if you keep the boss (Becca) happy…

5 Likes

@tiggertoo tbh the raises aren’t even best thing about keeping Becca happy.

4 Likes

Haha i know… but he did ask for tips on making money :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

He makes money while she gets dough(y)

1 Like