The Weighting Game - WIP

Unless I’ve misunderstood something then you can go into the red as much as you want right now, that means that the money system only exists on paper and could just as easily be removed without being noticable to the game, with the workplace being just another event place you visit as often or rarely as you want. I’d personally be fine with that. I usually play games like this for the content, not because of an interest in household managing, riveting as that may be. I do however think that if you implement something like a money system it should affect the game in some way, if not then it’s just a distraction to the game and may as well be removed to avoid leading players astray.

3 Likes

I definitely won’t be removing money from the game. It’s pretty much the only nod towards household management that there is. If I did this, I’d either have to remove the work scenario (and therefore Becca - for which I’d probably get lynched) or rewrite the entire Becca story to introduce her in some other way which would be a lot of work.

I gave the money system a lot of thought last night and this morning (when you’re ill and lying on the sofa for 3/4 of the day, you get a lot of thinking time!) and I think I’ve come up with something that’s fairly subtle. Now I just have to find the time to implement it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s interesting that we have “cheapskate” options (not offering further eating options, not stopping for cake, not taking her out to the fancy restaurant etc) but I’ve never really had a reason to not to take them since I’ve been able to afford it. Being forced into taking these options does at least highlight that there are some consequences for going into to the red without it being unduly punishing to the player.

2 Likes

Current money system seems fine to me, it seems like the only time there’d be an issue is if the player is completely ignoring a lot the content in order to spam every event with Alice (probably early game where the gain is slowest).

1 Like

Even if you run out of money temporarily, there are still ‘free’ (or cheapskate :stuck_out_tongue: ) events that you can do like the picnic, walk, home visit etc. Any food for these are covered by the weekly rent payment (hence why the rent rises slightly as Alice gets bigger to pay for the extra food!).

5 Likes

The money system works, it would be useful to do a few extra overtime bonus payouts in V.7 but I would suspect that and a payrise may be in there anyway. I have been thinking about what could be in V7 for Becca and I am very excited. Glad to hear you are on the mend

2 Likes

I might possibly just be working on some stuff for Becca right now :wink:

9 Likes

I’m still undecided over Becca or Hannah, tbh and with all due respect to Alice.

2 Likes

Huh. I hadn’t noticed this! Makes sense really, given how much Alice is regularly putting away. If that’s set to continue going forwards then it could be interesting to have this rising challenge for the player to balance their increasing expenses.

Time for MC to stump up and put his money where his mouth is- or should that be Alice’s mouth to be more exact? :grin:

4 Likes

See? I’ve thought all this through! Honest!!!

#manwithaplan

6 Likes

Pure genius!

Watch and learn guys! Tigger ia a case of brain weight gain. The fatter Alice and the other girls get the smarter he becomes…
I’m telling you, this man is gonna take over the world!

3 Likes

Or perhaps pure luck?

(Tinged with a healthy dose of insanity)

2 Likes

Also pure fetish, too.

1 Like

They are both really appealing in their own way. Becca is way more my actual type with her her personality of knowing what she wants, while still being a little unsure/lacking confidence in herself. But I absolutely have to acknowledge the allure in the game of Hannah’s pure dominating personality of getting what she wants no matter how she needs to.

3 Likes

Kinda makes me curious of how the two would interact with each other if they were to meet.

2 Likes

Working on more stuff with Becca? You have my attention.

6 Likes

@jcc309 I have tried to make all the female characters different from the others, although given the nature of the game, there is some inevitable overlap in their personas :stuck_out_tongue:

@ThisAnon No current plans for the two to meet, but you never know, especially as Hannah is only loosely scripted and I’m making Becca up as I go along…

@Chaoticlord44 Yeah, I’m taking the money system out of the game, which means the office scenario has to go and therefore Becca as well.

dodges several rocks, a couple of hand grenades and a small tactical nuclear missile

Okay, okay, I’m kidding!!! It’s new stuff for her.

9 Likes

I think Hannah would intimidate Becca a ton to no end and Becca wouldn’t know what to do with her, but I honestly have no idea. It would be interesting for sure.

1 Like

If you make those two bosom buddies, you will have my undying loyalty, forever.
It’d make for a funny situation, seeing the two working together to get the guy. Becca helping Hannah pick the best foods and desserts, and the latter teaching the former to be more assertive and confident/provocative.

6 Likes

Will a newer, like 0.6, version or even the entire game ever be made public?