Throw Your Weight Around Update?

I just wanted to post here to see if there were any plans to expand on this game at all. I really liked the concept and would love to help out if this game is going to be worked on anymore.
@Skinny_Guy

3 Likes

this being a game is subjective, its more of a fancy graphic novel

Well I’m flattered that you think so highly of this game me and a couple of buddies made way back when! Although I was just a writer and helped manage the team. There are no plans to continue work on Throw Your Weight Around, as I mostly cut contact with the team after I deleted my Discord for privacy reasons

I am working on my own private project though. Nothing concrete but hopefully I’ll get something out one day

1 Like

If you have no plans to update this game at all, would you mind if I attempted to work on it and add new content?

3 Likes

I was the programmer for the game. It was all done in Renpy and I didn’t hide the code so it should be easy to add stuff but if you have questions about it, feel free to contact me. I don’t represent the whole team when I say this, but I am glad that you want to add content to the game and I support you doing so.

3 Likes

I agree, obviously you should get permission from the entire team, but it’s totally fine if you want to try and do something with this. I’d say just give proper credit to everyone who worked on it :+1:

Definitely. I’d see it as idiotic to build off someone else’s work and not give them any credit. I’ll be sure to credit everyone who has worked on the game.

2 Likes

Well, making a modded addition is hardly removing credit to the original work so it would be pretty normal to not put extra effort into crediting the original team.

@Skinny_Guy
It’s been a while, but I finally want to make a commitment to this(I’m the OP, I forgot my account details). The only thing is I don’t know ren’py at all or coding in general. I can provide writing, visuals, etc, but I would need major help in the coding department if I am to add code. I @ed you two to see if you had potential interest in giving me a hand with this. Anyone who is interested in giving me a hand message me on discord AlexH12#5950

2 Likes

Ah, well it’s still alright if you want to work on this game, but me and Falcon are working on another project at the moment and we’re already busy with managing that and our real lives. For me I’ll say that I won’t be able to commit anything to this project, and I’m not sure about Falcon but I believe he is too focused and busy on A Growing Queendom

We’ve made a bit of progress so far. I have found new images for all of the wrestlers, and I have figured out how to implement a full body view with the help of @falcon82mm . I plan to add more dialogue and story to the game, along with more weight stages for each wrestler. If anyone wants to help me brainstorm on the story, just DM me at discord. My username is in my other post.

3 Likes

I have made the decision to use 3d assets for the characters in daz studio. Makes posing and body shaping much more manageable. Attached is an image of Zoey at her base weight. Still brainstorming in the story department, haven’t made much progress there yet, but there are some ideas floating around. Getting more familiar with the renpy code with the help of Falcon. It’ll probably be a while yet before I release a new build, maybe a few months, sooner if I really work at it and/or I have some help. Let me know if you’re interested in working on this with me, I’m open to any suggestions as well!

4 Likes

I really love this as an idea. I’m a huge fan of DAZ models (and the image of Zoey you attached is fantastic), and this was a particularly interesting premise. I love the base idea of a wrestling game where weight gain is incorporated but not the entire purpose of the game. And I really like Renpy games that have been put together. I think I would potentially be interested in helping out here. What kind of help are you looking for and what is your vision for where the game is going?

Wow never thought of using 3D models, looks great!

Mainly trying to work on story right now. It would be great to have someone to brainstorm with and to bounce ideas off of. Trying to make the game feel like an involved story rather than a very bare-bones team management sim. I want to add more depth to the characters, and create more interaction between the wrestlers, the coach and the wrestlers, and the team and the opposing team. I would also like to have visuals for the opposing teams, it would be easier because they would only be at one weight, but it would still take a lot of time (my computer takes a long time to render, could be my ram, memory, or both idk lol). Just message me on discord if you’re interested in helping out, help in any area will be appreciated.

Sounds good. I sent you a friend request on Discord (name is Florida). I would definitely be interesting in planning the direction of the story with you.