Tramp 0.15.5 2023-06-15

Looks like a typo, you should be able to fix it by changing gszie to gsize in /game/npc/npcRegSize.

1 Like

This should be fixed by the latest hot-fix in the OP (it took longer than expected). Re-download and load up your save.

There was a bug addressed in the latest hot-fix that would soft-lock you if you weren’t happy with your weight and were up at the lake with an NPC you weren’t in a romantic relationship with. Otherwise you should always be offered the option to skinny-dip after trying to swim without a costume. If you still think there’s still a problem then I’ll need to know if you were on your own or with someone, what your relationship was with them, and if you are happy with your weight or not.

It’s random to an extent; sometimes she will give up, other times she won’t. If someone else is there they’ll either encourage or not depending on how they feel about the PC’s weight.

It’s not intended to be, it’s meant to be fun. I could absolutely lock it down to what’s averagely possible, but that would be tedious (it would take many years to gain what she does), and for me that’s less fun: the PC is exceptional she can do things no one has done before for those that want to go that far. Of course, you the player can choose not to get heavier than 550lbs if that’s your personal limit - there’s nothing compelling you to go further.

No, it doesn’t; you must have chosen that. The hard limit cuts in at 880lbs. Note: trying to rush gains before your chosen partner is ready to accept them may lead to sub-optimal results (mentioned in the help screen).

Absolutely! I have a (long) list of things still to add (some small, others big), but the focus right now is building out core systems so save game compatibility is less of an issue in the future. There are working mechanisms in the game that aren’t being used yet.

On money:

There are events planned that will need reserves of cash, and others that will allow you to earn in different ways. The economy unfortunately cannot be balanced until everything is in place. In the meantime enjoy not having to worry so much as intended about it (it was an issue with Steve in the previous version).

Already in-game for one of the characters; the other two won’t ever go this far, but…

In the works… (and no, there won’t be building sized PCs ever).

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a typo as @sqrt1 points out. You can just save, edit the file game/npc/npcRegSize.rpy, change those two occurances and re-launch, or ignore the error and continue, or wait for the next hot-fix.

I like the new update, it may not seem big at first but it adds a lot of details that make the game less monotone. Though for the life of me I can’t get Steve to go full FA, I talk with alicia, I make sure my PC weight is categorized as “fat” when checking debug for Steve’s opinion, go to the park and everything but it still doesn’t want to trigger. The only the time I got it to trigger was when Steve first confronts PC about being too fat for him and in the choice scene if I enter debug and then exit it triggers the “reconciliation”

1 Like

This is now fixed in v0.15.3 available from the OP.

Thanks! There’s quite a bit scattered all over the existing places.

This hasn’t changed since the last version.

• Get him to criticise your weight but not when he says he overreacted (his tolerance increases the first couple of times, you need to be heavier than 141lbs), and break up. Maintain or increase yor weight, but keep below 176lbs.
  • Chat with Alicia: she asks about the breakup.
  • Your weight can increase more now.
  • Chat with Alicia three times: she asks if you stll have feelings, say yes
  • Chat with Alicia: re-affirm that you love him still. She says she will act (doesn’t matter what you choose)
  • When you next talk with Steve, he will tell youhe’s been silly. Choose Let me live how I want.
  • He’ll call and invite you over: go!
  • Work through this scene, pick “He loves me, and I love him. That’s all that matters”
5 Likes

What triggers the gluttony flags?

Edit: Nevermind

Has anybody found the Steve warehouse ending yet? Stan keeps saying to talk to Steve about a desk job but no event for this has appeared at all after a couple hours of playing.

Edit: Maybe it’s not with Steve or has anything to do with the warehouse, but I’m just trying to find the ending referred to here:

I’m not entirely sure it’s properly in the game yet - even after peeking into files and trying to get it to trigger I ultimately tweaked the file a bit to force it to trigger - but Reggie is the path to that fate, and requires your character to be in a pretty specific mindset at a specific moment which can be hard to do if you’re in the max weight yoyo diet experience. It’s clearly WIP with various actions being marked with an X for inoperable and overall spare in content, but the core of it functions.

2 Likes

The job you refer to isn’t in game yet and will be part of a future Steve update. It’s not an ending either. Also Steve isn’t the character for this confession.

The confession is in the playable game, but there is experimental code beyond it which is deliberately gated off.

Any discussion of how to work around the gate and what lies beyond will be removed. I wouldn’t recommend messing with it as it is very much unfinished and still requires a great deal of work - it really is just an internal proof of concept.

The series of checks are designed such that there are plenty of opportunities to nope out, while drawing in those who would likey enjoy it.

3 Likes

Just want to say my thoughts about some moments.
The game is very exciting. Maybe because I always thinking what food is more fatting, what I should do next, how I should eat and how will everyone react. And Joy with Sofia helping with it a lot, they are great.
Update is… Ok. A half of Nicole’s products are useless as I see. I use only Ice tea (when there is no ice cream tube) and chimichangas. Cliff is good, tho I was only alone and with Sofia there. Breaking swing is hot, but being stuck in that tonnel is embarrassing, even if that wasn’t me. Tho I was hoping MC will break it to.
Maybe it’s just me but when I started a new game I didn’t had any problems about money, even while in v. 0.14 it was hard before Sofia has come. And also I can’t eat two Trays, unlike before. And yeah, Joy promise moment almost made me change my path while self voice is annoying as hell.
I love weight gain as much as hate diet here. Imagining how gluttonous, clumsy, fat and big MC and how small and tight places and clothes become is so nice. But I didn’t read description of the game. So you perhaps can know how damn big my disappointment and (in good way) sadness was when I realised: 1) Most of characters didn’t support me about me being BBW, or SSBBW (they worry, but still); 2) There IS limit of weight (thanks to game mechanics I achieved 402 kg or 884 lbs) that I also can’t break (hm, there are too many things that can’t be broken >:c ); 3) Reg and are NOT feeders I waited to.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification - wasn’t sure if I should be bringing it up at all.

(And thanks for the update and continued work on the project!)

1 Like

Is it possible yet to start a romance with Reg? If so how do i get it to trigger?

1 Like

To me it was 319 kg or 701 lbs

1 Like

Im at 800 somthing, he gives me both bars of chocolate and then leaves. Is that as far as it goes at the minute?

1 Like

No, there’s a fair amount more.
It just takes some specific hidden variables to get it to trigger.
You want your Fat Acceptance to be high and to be in a good mood, as well as not on a diet.

1 Like

What is the best way to raise and track these stats i dont have the dev tool turned on?

1 Like

Generally its by your character’s own comments and disagreeing with notions you need to diet or you are too fat.
More you do it, the more confident and sexy they feel. I think also having sexual relations at high enough weight limits also increase it.
The more you are criticized, agree you could lose weight, or the longer you stay above a weight limit you are comfortable with, the more negative you feel about it, regardless of mood.

Having a high confidence score around Reg and taking his offers will raise his affection, enough for you to see he’s interested and get a date with him.

4 Likes

I’m glad you liked that aspect, it really is central to the idea I had for the game.

There’s several aspects to Nicola. The new products are there to have a little more interaction between Joe and the PC, refining Joe as a character. It also was a proving ground for a new mechanic, and expands the boring set of choices for the player. One of Nicola’s products is particularly important, but I suspect that’s a path you haven’t explored.

I’m going to say “working as intended”! I’m curious as to which of the four slide scenes you got.

Money was never a problem if you date Sofia, but was with Steve which is fixed (hopefully) with the new warehouse job.

It’s still possible, but what I suspect from this and other comments you make is that you’ve rushed to gain which impacts your ability to consume a great deal - it is possible to have two trays and a whole cake, but you will have to pace yourself earlier in the day. Rushing also won’t allow your romance to build, soft-locking you out of their acceptance of the larger sizes.

It’s an accessibility feature for the visually impared. If you can see fine then don’t use it!

All the characters can support SSBBW sizes. Their tolernance is based on romantic attraction. Slow and steady is the key to unlocking this, as well as losing weight (temporarily) when needed.

A way to break this is planned, but you won’t be able to do it while living with Joe - which is currently your only option.

It’s a long way down the line but I have an outline for a F/F immobile pairing too.

Yes, absolutely. Reg is kind of shy and needs a lot of encouragement but the romance path is possible from 600lbs+. Like many things in this game slow and steady is the best route. If you rush from 600 to 700 it’s likely the event won’t trigger as soon. It’s certain to trigger the option once you reach the hard limit.

No, like @PlusParsnips says, there’s a lot more.

The PC does hint at the hidden state with her thoughts; her acceptance of her size is most obvious after her morning weigh-in. Reg’s internals are signposted by the way he addresses you on his visits, how frequently he does it and also when he chats with you.

Actual sex isn’t actually a factor here (I didn’t want to make sex obligatory at any point), but romance is. A higher romance widens the range of weights a partner is happy with, and will support you, which raises the PCs limits on what they consider too big.

More or less as it will also impact mood too, and mood impacts eating, so there’s a degree of self-regulation. Limiting you gains, or even dieting, will allow you to build up the romance with someone while not testing their weight limits. Dieting is actually a powerful mechanism in the game as it’s impact on mood is temporary. Societal pressure - what are you going to do?

6 Likes

Lovely game you have so far, a nice update.

There is a not quite typo though, every usage of the word hun, like when Alicia says “and x inches at the hip hun” when measuring you. A Hun is a person of the extinct hunnic ethnic group or a derogatory term for Germans. What you’re thinking of is hon, which is short for honey.

I don’t know if it’s in the pipeline but a description of her a description of her face beyond a reflection of her weight would be nice, or a way for the player to determine what she would look like if you intended the protag to be more of a self-insert. It’s always odd when I’m reading something in the first person and I at least don’t know what the race of the person is or what color their hair is. It’s fine if you want to leave it to the player’s imagination though.

While yes it does come from a shortening of “honey”, the use of “hun” there is correct. English is inconsistent in whether shortenings should be written as they sound or written based on what they’re shortened from (see also inconsistent rules for everything in this language) And in this case it is (as far as I know) always shortened like this.

I’ll be honest I haven’t seen anyone over the age of 70 use hun as a derogatory term for Germans outside of period films?

7 Likes