Tramp 0.15.5 2023-06-15

How do I get [redacted]? I managed to unlock it once with a cheat game but now I can’t figure out how to unlock it again

Obviously, as said before, I won’t answer that. It’s unfinished unsupported content you can’t access in normal play. If you had the skill to do it before, do that again, but don’t post it here.

1 Like

Really loving this game and the latest round of updates. I love the pace and the writing (especially the humour) and I like how the relationships develop with Joe, Sofia, Steve… and now Reg! Personally I’m hoping the MC will one day come around to the idea of starring in one of those magazines that Reg is always so interested in. After all, he must surely own a camera :grin:

1 Like

IMG_7710

3 Likes

He must! Would we get to see the picture though…

1 Like

So my comments on this past version:

• I adore Sofia!!! I wanna move in!

• I wish I could date the tailor

• Steve can kick rocks, I wish I could just like, remove him from my experience

• Wtf is morganism

• I want more Lacey content

• I really feel like the tanning is underused, I would love to be pale af or tanned, and I neeed more public humilation comments from strangers OR EVEN if friends like Lacey or Sofia made comments while you tanned

• I really REALLY didn’t like being railroaded and forced into a slow and grindy “fail at losing weight for months straight until you decide to gain again” after getting stuck in bed and getting a talking to from the bossman. I made every choice I could to make my character pro-gaining, happy with her life, and content. Suddenly being forced into a mindset and limited actions… was not fun, and it is not a short experience.

These are all my comments on the last version I replayed a few days ago.

11 Likes

IMG_7732

8 Likes

I’m glad you liked it. I’m sure there’s a lot of little bits in the game now that many players won’t actually see.

Oh, that’s going on the to-do list!

Thank you! I like to keep things fun and “lightweight” for the most part. It also makes the moments when it has to be more serious an easier contrast to make.

About that … I have ideas, but Reg is primarily @Morganism’s domain. I’ll let you interpret his image-replies as you see fit!

I’ll let you take that up with Reg’s author!

Working on it … but this may take a while. And not be as simple as you might expect…

She’s (unhappily) married I’m afraid.

Steve has hidden depths. He’s by far the most complex character in the game. If you haven’t tried reconciling with him you may want to see what happens.

The new writer on the project!

I have ideas, but the focus is on bigger goals (and completing the technical aspects of the game). If I gave you the choice between moving in with Sofia and more tanning events… Well, I know what I’ve picked.

I’m going to call that “working as intended”. It is suppossed to be a drudge and a sharp contrast to previous excess as the PC discovers her personal limits. It should only take around three weeks in game (if you really cut back) before your willpower begins to wane. After that, well…

This is true. Ben Aaronovitch certainly isn’t afraid of having a diverse cast of characters. I think only Miriam Stephanopoulos appears in the graphic novels.

2 Likes

Further occurs to me that any given power outage could be an “excuse” to go HAM on the ice cream as well = P

But obviously if Sofia’s lasagna is in the fridge then there’s an emotional reason to make sure that stuff doesn’t go uneaten and spoil.

2 Likes

Wasn’t expecting to find Aaronovitch fans on Weight Gaming LOL. Big fan of his Doctor Who stuff, going through some of the novels he did for that atm. Rivers is on my reading list but I’ve got so much stuff to get through first.

1 Like

I’m loving the new features too! Great job and really enjoying the game. Still somewhat amazed that MC can manage to climb the hill and go swimming in the lake at 770#… Unlikely IRL!
Hey - Reg just cropped up! A splendid addition! Not sure what his effect on dieting will be - adds more excitement.

1 Like

Since version 0.14 between sofia and steve, who has more late game content? AKA if I want to see as much new stuff as possible on this first run who should I break up with? Assuming I played 0.14 twice?

Also I wish I could just date both so I didn’t have to replay time, even if it makes no logical sense.

1 Like

Very much a fan! My hard copy of the the RoL:TTRPG arrived yesterday - it’s derived from Call of Cthulhu which suits the investigative style of play, and in the forward Aaronovitch is clearly delighted to have a TTRPG based on his world building. Highly recommend the series of books! I’d say more, but spoilers…

I’m glad it’s still entertaining you. And fun > realism. The PC (like all ‘adventurers’) is exceptional.

Reg has been in the works for a while (he first appeared as a character in 0.14), and I’m sure @Morganism will appreciate your comments - all the Reg stuff is either written by or inspired by him.

It’s hard to say. Steve has the most new content since 0.14, but Sofia’s additions are fun too.

If you are running in debug this is possible. State > Counters > Counters > Choose enter aliciaStop and set it to 4. This is an illegal state and stops Alicia’s intervention allowing you to keep dating both. I’ve done it before for testing, but it does throw out the overal balance.

Since you’re likely interested I’ve added a proper state machine class to the dev copy, and converted Alicia’s matchmaking, Alicia’s intervention, and Steve’s fat attitude to use it, and added a couple of new ones I needed. It makes the code so much cleaner and keeps all the detail in one place (rather than scattered over multiple ifs in multiple files.

I’ve struggled (in this thread) to explain how Steve works, and had to go through the code to pin down what happens. Now I have this state diagram for Steve (minus a couple of minor changes and a new state added for v0.16):

2 Likes

I’m really glad to hear there’s going to be a 0.16! Will look forward to it.

2 Likes

Yes, I know Reg has been delivering stuff to the service station for a long time and obviously fancies PC. Just love that he started dating her!

1 Like

Was toying around with the debug mode, and it seems if/when the glutton trait is active you can get soft-locked during certain food menus depending on fullness, since it alters some decisions you can make.

Understandably having “voided the warranty” I know its on me, but I believe it bears mentioning in the event it can also be accessed without debug, and/or if it’s intended to be fully implemented as of 0.15.4.

I’d test further but time is in short supply. Loving the update so far though!

2 Likes

That’s a bug, even if it was due to debug modifications. There should always be something you can pick. Can you let me know which (food/drink) menu this happened in please? If you’ve got a save that you can upload somewhere that would be even better.

And welcome to the forums! Glad you are enjoying the game.

He’s been kinda shy about it hasn’t he!

It will happen eventually. There’s a lot of stuff in scope for 0.16 so it won’t be a quick one.

3 Likes

No rush for 0.16 - when you can. Will be looking forward to it as & when. Yes, Reg isn’t as shy as he was!

2 Likes

I’ve seen the bug where you can’t order anything as well. As far as I can tell, it’s just the sides menu at the diner, others have still had a way forward.

1 Like

And

These should both be fixed in patch 5 (see the new download in the OP - it’s save compatible with other v0.15 releases). It was quite an involved change that affected every food selection menu. I think I’ve caught them all. Thanks for reporting the problem!

6 Likes