Tramp 0.15.5 2023-06-15

You’re right, I had missed version 0.1a. Sorry about the confusion!

1 Like

I had this happen once or twice during my playthrough as well. I wasn’t able to reproduce it, but it always seemed to happen on Thursday going into Friday; it would skip from Thursday 23:00 to Friday 23:00. I always went to the bar then the Italian restaurant on Thursdays, I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I didn’t see it as a big issue, by the time I noticed it I had already seen most of the unique dialog and was often fast forwarding from choice to choice to try and get to the next weight stage.

1 Like

I think I can solve this one - the Italian diner steps through hours as the meal goes on, but there’s also a part at the end of the meal that can set more explicitly set the hour to 23:00. So, if you visit late enough the date/time can go from Sunday 23:00 → Monday 00:00 → Monday 23:00.

4 Likes

This game is honestly spectacular. Sure, it gets a bit repetitive after a while but it’s only 0.1 and I love it already. All the current content is enjoyable and I’m sure you’ll add lots more ways to gain and random events. I really look forward to seeing where this goes!

4 Likes

Yep, first comment - welcome to the forums!

I think this is an interesting point. For me, the heart of a game is some kind of conflict (not necessarily in the hack and slash sense). If the PC wants to gain and the environment is set up to cause that, then there’s no inherent conflict, and the result leans towards a story, rather than a game, unless there’s some other element working against that. So, in this game from the outset the different NPCs have different ideas of what the “ideal” weight for the PC is which creates some conflict. Also the PC has an idea of her own ideal weight, which starts out at “normal” but is then influenced by her interactions with the other NPCs. Finally the NPCs ideas can also be influenced by the PC. It’s designed so that the PC will normally vacillate between wanting to over-eat or diet (may require some tuning). Or they could just maintain at a chosen weight - giving the player choice.

I’m glad you like it, and the characters! This was another part of the experiment with this game too. The received wisdom with a VN style game is that you don’t describe the things you can see in the art (or in my case, eventual art). To me, this leaves them feeling a little “thin”, for example the character enters a classroom and the background of the classroom appears - all well and good - but misses the opportunity to communicate what the character feels abou the place, or how it might smell. So this was another reason for writing text first as though the images weren’t there (it also cues me as to what scenes I need to draw later), and it makes it possible that it might work with text to speech too.

That certainly helps narrow it down, thank you.

That’s a great help, thank you! It’s good to have another set of eyes on the problem! You can probably tell these bits of code were written at different times and I’d changed my approach between them.

Thank you, comments like this are really encourgaing. It’s going to be a while between updates as it’s a back-burneer game to Yaffaif, but I will be fixing the time bug, and it will probably include a few other minor changes.

7 Likes

Having played this over the last two days, and I find it hard to believe this is a demo. Seriously, what you have here is already phenomenal.

I can also confirm the same bug as the others in the thread. If I eat first at the bar, then go to the diner, time skips ahead, typically part way through the meal. If I stay at the bar, I don’t run into problems.

And reading through the thread, I only now realize I made a serious mistake. As you guessed, I skipped every chance to diet I was ever given, and apparently missed a lot of really good dialogue. Well, time for another game, I reckon.

Eagerly awaiting more. This has been amazing so far.

5 Likes

If it’s more help, I believe I’ve figured out the exact occurrence of the time-skip bug. It happens consistently when you have dinner at the Diner, are stuffed at the end, and Sofia does not ask you to hang out after her shift. That particular set of circumstances hard sets the clock to 23:00, regardless of what the day is, and going to the bar then the diner on Thursday’s free time will push you into Friday before the meal is done. (Unless maybe you skip appetizers or dessert? Will have to experiment.)

1 Like

like every 1 has already said its such a fun game i had to stop myself from playing after 2 days so ill have new things to see as it gets updated i cant wait to move in with sophia :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i cant wait to move in with steve xD

1 Like

I can’t wait to move in with steve

… said no one ever. Sophia >>>>

3 Likes

i said so just now, didnt i?

You clearly laughed at the end of the sentence. We all saw it, lol.

Though, I’ll admit the idea of wearing him down and turning him into an FA does have a certain appeal to it.

3 Likes

Yes, the idea of moving in with Steve, cheating on the diet and driving him nuts does sound like a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Thank you! I think I seriously underestimated how long people would play this for!

Thank you both. I’ll be fixing this at some point ( have a couple of ideas). In my head the diner closes earlier than the bar (Sofia has a much longer work day than Lacy), so I always went to the diner first in testing. More fool me.

Definitely try it - there’s some fun stuff there and it’s not like it’s permenant! Bonus internet points for actually having the PC reach her goal weight (@knerf999 are these points yours already?).

Again with the two days … I really wasn’t expecting that and I’m glad you like it. I’d actually got as far as setting up moving in with Sofia before I started feeling better and going back to Yaffaif. It would involve fleshing out Antonio, who doesn’t exist yet as an NPC.

I’m glad he’s getting some love too!

In my original thoughts there was going to be a second male character to replace Steve in the PC’s affections, but you two are giving me other ideas …

7 Likes

Damn my anti virus software did not like this and blocked the link entirely
anyone who can say good for it or is it that bad?

1 Like

The link is safe there’s nothing wrong with it. This happens with antivirus software occasionally where it mistakes programs or files as malicious.

1 Like

VirusTotal gives the download a clean bill of health. May I ask what antivirus you are using?

My antivirus hated it too and wouldn’t let me download it from chrome. What worked for me was opening this page in internet explorer and downloading it there. idk why it worked but it did~

1 Like

hurry up then lol :stuck_out_tongue:

i had the same idea lol is there goin to be stuff with lacey also

3 Likes

@dingotush I had a chance to play Tramp this week and I felt it was only right to swing by to state how well-crafted this base game is. The writing is top-notch. Characters have a good dynamic and feel more fleshed out than the average game. Plus, there’s just something very enjoyable about navigating the world.

It would be great to see this get further development.

7 Likes