Trojan Fatty! (Feb '22 RPG Maker edition + UE5 Remake Devlog)

Just found this game and I think it’s pretty nice! the art for the remake looks nice too, especially the corruption form!
The puzzle gameplay is fun and Seraph as a character is a loveable dork! Can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

DEV LOG #2 - January 31st, 2023

(Everything you see is WIP and might change before release!)

What better way of celebrating my bday by sharing you guys news on Trojan! I was very productive this month and got quite a few things done. Every puzzle piece (switches, traps, etc) from the original game has been around 75-90% implemented, so right now I’m focusing on animations. You can see the game in-action below with two fully-colored and animated sprites implemented so far. I’ve got a few more animations in the works right now including lever pulling and jumping (as seen below). Progress has been amazing so far!

There’s some bad news though, university :(. It’s gonna be hard managing my time with my greatest fear is not being motivated to work on the project, but I’ll still try for you guys! Since this is a fetish game, I gotta spend more time recreating the sprites again with a belly attached so just know it’s still gonna take a long while before the game releases!

There’s one thing I want to talk with you guys though: combat. Making turn-based combat in Unreal is like making an entirely new game on its own. It’s not necessarily too hard, but it’s time consuming to make from experience. With no other ideas of how to implement combat in Trojan, should combat stay in this version or be cut out?

• Keep Turn-Based
  • No Combat
  • Alternate Combat System (Comment Below)

0 voters

I’ll keep you guys updated at the end of next month to let you guys how much I’ve done! Until next time!

JumpingAnim(Unfinished)
LeverPullAnim
GameplayFootage1

5 Likes

I feel like the focus should be on the puzzles for this sort of game.

3 Likes

As always is the case with these passion projects, I think you should make the game you want to make, even if it takes longer. So if combat is something that you wish to impliment then I believe you should. However, I do feel like the new engine allows for more creative puzzle structres and navigations. So when it comes to the enemies that we had to fight before could now be things you hace to sneak around and can ambush them, essentially working as a “silent takedown” if you’ve played games like Batman Arkham Knight or the Spider game for the PS4. As for how they work as obstacles, maybe now Seraph has a “health bar” and being found by the enemies and letting them catch you causes that to go down?

These are only suggestions and nothing I am saying you have to have as I have no idea how hard any of that would be to program as I have no expirence with making a game. I do hope to see more of this as well as you other endevours, as I have really enjoyed your progression as an artist. I hope that you are able to find success in your studies as well.

4 Likes

I like the way the enemies blended in to the puzzles before, so I’d like to see that again in the new version. The fights should be part of the problem solving during a puzzle, by timing attacks or avoiding the enemy completely. A turn based combat could work but I think using the objects in the puzzle to fight or block off enemies would be a better idea. Also, there’s nothing speaking against doing a combination, where managing fights is part of the puzzle, but when it actually comes to fighting, it is a turn based combat.

3 Likes

DEV LOG #3 - February 15th, 2023

(Everything you see is WIP and might change before release!)

Yeah as expected I’m gonna be too busy to work on this game until late May/early June lol. The video below shows all the switches, traps, animations, etc. of what the game looks like in action. I’ve also decided that this game will no longer be a puzzle/rpg hybrid, and instead will be a full-on puzzle game. No player stats such as XP, attack, defense, agility, etc. to worry about. Only two health points throughout the entire game. There will be no turn-based combat in this remake and instead the combat will be far more simplistic and intertwined with the game’s puzzles. You’ll see what I mean once I start testing out the new combat system.

I apologize for this hiatus but I believe the game’s making good progress so far and I can’t wait to show you guys in the next dev log! Until next time!

9 Likes

Wow the game is looking good I mean it look like you put a lot of work in it and it shows.

1 Like

DEV LOG #4 - June 30th, 2023

I apologize that I don’t have any footage to show for two reasons: I haven’t started on the animations yet and I personally feel like I can make a more organized test level than this. I spent all of this month on level mechanics whether it’s returning, cut, or entirely new features, which I’m still working on. Once I finish every new level mechanic for this game and work on the next Evoria chapter, I should finally resume sprite animations for this game.

You might’ve also noticed that a lot of new stuff added such as the conveyor-belts, ziplines, etc. not really tying to bellies at all, let alone weight gain. I want to make this as highest quality of a game I can make and oftentimes I see the fetish side of the game taking a backseat because of that. With that said, there’ll still be bellies through food and antiviruses and whatnot, but the stuffing process itself will most likely be instantaneous. There’ll also be plenty of subtle details of weight gain through gameplay, but I’ll explain that more at a later date.

Summer’s already 1/3 done so I’m most likely going to accomplish less than what I’ve anticipated, but rest assured that I’ve been working on this game everyday and won’t stop until it’s finished. Thank you for reading and until next time!

11 Likes

DEV LOG #5 - July 30th, 2023
I couldn’t work on this game much due to Evoria but I still managed to finish a test level! I’ve made so many map mechanics to make the gameplay much more diverse and challenging. The test level is private and isn’t made to be played for the public, but in a month or two you might see a full gameplay video showcasing how progress is doing so far!

Since I’ve focused all of June and early July on the gameplay side of Trojan, I’m currently making a bunch of sprite animations. Right now I’m making all the base animations first before starting on the belly animations!
ArrestedKnockback
CrawlingElectrocuted

That’s all I have to show for now. Until next time!

19 Likes

Looking good! Eager to see it all come together.

It’s the little flourishes that really do it for a good game experience.

2 Likes

DEV LOG #6 - August 8th, 2023
Happy vore day! The game is still very early in development but for those who really want to see raw gameplay of a test level, here’s the game in action! Everything you see in this video is subject to change. Project Trojan Pre Alpha Footage 3 - YouTube

Although I don’t plan on releasing a playable build in the near future, I did make a detailed analysis of all the pre-alpha game mechanics as well!
TROJAN_FATTY_PRE-ALPHA_DATABASE.pdf (3.2 MB)

And finally, made some standalone art since it’s been awhile since I drew detailed Seraph!

That’s all I have to show for now. Until next time!

16 Likes

DEV LOG #7 - October 25th, 2023
At long last, I can unveil to you guys what I’ve been working on in a more official manner. Here’s the reveal trailer for Trojan Fatty!

Since the last devlog there’s been much more map mechanics and sprite animations added in the game! Though there’s still much more missing from the game such as more sprite animations, portrait animations, scene pictures and animations, levels, UI, story, audio, etc. that I’m still far away from providing an official release date. I’m also going on a couple month hiatus since I’m busy with life and Evoria for the time being.

I’ll leave you guys with this, though.

BloatedIdle

Until next time!

19 Likes

Possibly the biggest transformation I’ve ever seen a game go through in this community, I’m really looking forward to the new version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw you on Belly Direct, usually I’m more into weight gain than stuffing but the new UE5 version of this got me interested. Can’t wait to see how this game turns out!

1 Like

Love all Seraph’s movement animations and excited to try some of these new puzzle gimmicks. Thanks for putting together the dev log update, and hope your work on Evoria goes just as well!

2 Likes

DEV LOG #8 - January 31st, 2023
Heya everyone. Just want to give a quick update on the game’s progress, or rather the lack there of. Ever since I finished the Trojan Fatty trailer back in October, I had to go on a three month hiatus concerning life-related stuff and focusing my time on Evoria. Recently got back into development a few weeks ago but progress has been going really slowly since I’m relearning how to animate and use Unreal. Right now I’m focused on making big-bellied versions of all the current sprite animations, but I’m just not fully committed into working on this project yet (plus I still have my mind on Evoria haha).

I’m also worried how I’m going to manage this game after finishing all of the sprites and UI. This project is still going to be a remake of the original Trojan Fatty, but I’m not sure how many new levels are going to be added. I still haven’t learned how to make a modular cutscene system or even a basic save and load system, which I hopefully plan on testing out soon. The game’s still going to take a long time to finish but I’ll try my best to continue working on it this year.

Until next time and thank you for reading.

12 Likes