Weighted Dice (v0.74 - Patreon v4) - Updated 12/21/19

wdupdatemini

CHANGELOG FOR v0.7, v0.71, & v0.74 ARE BELOW THE DOWNLOAD LINKS

About:
Hi, I’m GLWuffie, a fatfur artist working on a few projects. One of the projects is called Weighted Dice (formerly just “Dice Game” based on the artist JayTee and their Dice Game comics).

The main goal of the game is to roll the dice and based on how much you roll, your character gains that much weight… it’s an interesting setup for a comic (JayTee’s Dice Game 1 & 3) but offers little in gameplay. So I added a boardgame concept with it (JayTee’s Dice Game 2) but instead of events happening (yet) there’s simple bonus spaces that use a colored card system. Right now it’s purely local play, no plans to do online play as of now BUT if you do want to play someone online, you can use a program like Parsec.

Game Flow:
The first character to go from 105 lbs. to 700 lbs. wins.

• If you have any cards, you may activate/deactivate one if you choose to.
  • Roll the dice.
  • Based on how much you roll you not only go forward that many spaces, but you gain based on what you rolled (unless you land on a Dark Space, which usually prevents you from gaining).
  • If you roll doubles you get a small bonus (which can help negate a Dark Space a bit).
  • If you land on a colored tile:
    • If you lack that color card, you get that card.
    • If you have that color card and it’s ACTIVE, you get a multiplier to your gain based on the color.
    • If you have that color card and it’s NOT ACTIVE:
      • If your opponent doesn’t have that color, they get it as well.
      • If your opponent does have it and it’s ACTIVE: you lose what you roll.
      • If your opponent does have it and it’s NOT ACTIVE: …nothing happens, normal gain.
  • The gain is calculated and the turn ends.
  • If no one has reached 700, the next turn begins with the opposite player.

Planned features:

• More characters (11/30/19: Added 2 so far)
  • Starting loadout bonuses
  • Multiple/Random board types
  • Events
  • More music tracks/sfx (11/30/19: Added quite a few)
  • Proper title Screen, character select screen, options and menus. (11/30/19: This was most improved, still need a bit more)
  • Mouse support (10/30/19: Done)
  • Other platform support (mobile / Mac / Linux depending on the requirements and popularity)
  • POSSIBLE Story/Challenge mode?
  • POSSIBLE Twitch integration (this one’s a bit far off, but keeping this one in mind early on which is one of the reasons the characters are represented by Red/Blue teams).

Why only Patreon (early access)?
As stated before I have quite a few projects in the works. I’ve been promising my patreons a few game ideas but some of them had some annoying bugs/a ton more work involved I wasn’t able to deliver a satisfying playable demo. This WILL be released to the public… but patrons will get early access as well as maybe a few other bonuses. I’ve owed a bit to my patrons and this is one of the way I’m making up for it (plus the support and income really help me to dedicate more time to work on it).

Downloads:
$5+ Patron Link (latest - Beta v0.74)
Non-Patron Link (Beta v0.6)

CHANGELOG for v0.7

• New title graphics

• Major upgrade to Gainer Select and Game Board design

• Added multiple stages with different music/designs

• Sinclaire and Olivia are now playable

• Character portraits have been changed and have multiple states

• A few more quality of life changes

• Character sprites and mechanics are the next focus for the next update

• Nothing in this build is final~

CHANGELOG for v0.71

• Added new board designs for each level

CHANGELOG FOR v0.74

• Android version doesn’t quit entirely, but now will restart at the beginning if you restart the app unless Force Quit(ed).
  • Added a “cab” on the Gainer Select screen akin to Street Fighter 2’s character select screen.
  • Updating a few music files.
  • Made it so that changing cards is not final until pressing the dice block. This should help avoid misclicks and mistakes.
  • Added a rudimentary fourth card that spawns on regular tiles from the person in the lead. A lot of effects planned, but only two similar (Passive) ones are used for now.
  • Fixed the winning/losing sprites prematurely animating before the gain calculation is finished.
  • Fixed a few minor graphics appearing wrong

Screenshots: (as of Beta v3)

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!

~GL

-ps Fun Fact: The Rebbecca sprite was originally from another project I was working on for RJS. I used that as a basis for the GL sprite.

19 Likes

Will you be adding other characters?
Would you take submitted characters?

There will be more character for sure. Right now I will be extending the offer to few select people who’ve assisted me with various previous projects. After that I will think of a way to productively add other characters.

One thing I also need to see about is giving idle/reaction animations (which is minimum quadruple to amount of sprites needed)

~GL

1 Like

Oooh, this looks like it could be fun.

1 Like

very interesting, shame there isn’t a non-patreon version yet

1 Like

Almost almost ready for the next update! Not only are the mouse controls pretty much done but with it is: Android support! Now you’ll soon be able to have some furs gain weight on the go!

Non-patrons will be getting the previous version (Windows Only) when this releases, so stay tuned!

~GL

4 Likes

Nice idea it seems like a card or ability could be faster gain or for the other person maybe a card that makes them lose weight

1 Like

Question, how many characters would be available in this game? Along with their genders, too. I’m curious if there will be more male characters in these fetish games.

1 Like

The first goal is to possibly hit a minimum of 10 (possibly up to 20 in the future) characters with the possibility to have more in the future. As far as what genders and who they’ll be, it’ll be based MAINLY on opening commission slots for me to draw their character/sprites into the game. I might give a few spots through contests or something… but I do want to cater to not JUST female weight gain, though it MIGHT be the majority so far.

If it’s 10 characters to start, I’ll try to see if I can get at least 2 male characters minimum.

~GL

2 Likes

Oh! So, it’ll be mostly OCs then? I figured there’d be like at least 2 or so generic characters or something.

1 Like

I could potentially add generic characters specifically for this game… which would make sense if I were to add a story/arcade mode so there might be like a boss character or something as well. I have ideas for how a Story Mode/Arcade Mode would work, where it’s a more quick/limited version of the game with special rules on each stage.

~GL

1 Like

11/30/19:

Updated the links and description for v0.7! I hope you enjoy and I appreciate any feedback if possible!

~GL

4 Likes

Is there a mobile iOS version? I see one for android, but not iOS, and That’s why I play on

1 Like

I would love to, but I sadly do not own a Mac device to be able to export it, even though I do have the export modules to do so. I’m looking to be able to play it on as many devices as possible in the future… but the only two FOR NOW is just Windows and Android.

~GL

1 Like

Okay, well good to know, I guess. I do have an android, but it’s not my preferred device, so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to at least ask.

1 Like

12/02/19 - Version v0.71:

So quick an update? I felt this was really needed so to give more replay-ability, there’s a different board design for each stage now!

~GL

3 Likes

12/21/19 - Version v0.74

I’m bad with version numbers, but it’s kinda warranted with an upcoming feature being implemented as well as a few other fixes.

~GL

4 Likes

Just tried out the Non-Patron version of the game, and I gotta say it’s very fun! The game is simple, quick to learn, and easy to understand, and the sprites (while not yet those upcoming sprites which will be super cool) are really good. My only real complaint is that there’s no way to get back to the main menu in the middle of a game (or at least I can’t find the way back).
It’s not often you see a weight gain board game, and this one is great. I can’t wait for the extra characters update to be released to everyone, and I’m excited to see what else the future will hold. Keep up the awesome work!

Oh, and a couple ideas:

1. A board space that acts as a random spot. When you would land on it, it has a chance to give you one of the 3 cards, steal the opponents weight, increase your weight, or (for the fun of the risk) drop your weight.
  2. Once the game is farther in development, I think it’d be cool to have some sort of Heftier game mode where the max weight to win is increased. If so, it could be unlocked after winning so many rounds, winning with every character, etc. I know this might add some work with sprites and all, so definitely not something to add right away.
  3. Having a difficulty setting for the AI might be cool to add, if possible. If so, the standard easy/medium/hard could be there and maybe an unfair or ridiculous level for those really looking for a challenge.
2 Likes

I downloaded the APK file, now what?

1 Like

How can I install the apk file? I extracted it and I only appreciate mxl files and things like asett, I am sorry for an ignorant in this topic

1 Like