What got you into this fetish

It sort of came with the territory with having a huge pregnancy/big round belly fetish.
At least that’s how I see it for myself.

I’ve thought a few times about posting in this thread. Never got round to it though, as I knew it would be a long post. But what the hell, working from home today and I need a break from sneakily working on Weighting Game images :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d guess I’m older than most on here. I can remember the days when t’internet, mobile phones, hell even compact discs were the stuff of science fiction. Which I’d guess will mean my story is a little different.

It’s been mentioned above that children’s media is responsible for a lot of fetishes, and I’d agree. When I was about 6 or 7, my parents used to buy me a comic now and then if I’d been good (so didn’t happen often!) and it was usually a Tom and Jerry comic. In one of them, Jerry eats a massive chunk of cheese and becomes almost spherical. I was fascinated by this and it was definitely a trigger for my fat/belly fetish. As was the book ‘Fattypuffs and Thinnifers’ which I got for Christmas not so long after that. I don’t remember a lot of the story (something about the battle between fat and thin people - naturally the thin people win because fat is bad, m’kay?) but there were pictures of fat and thin people in there and I much preferred the fat pics :stuck_out_tongue:

Around the same time, I was in a shop with my mum. It was one of those old fashioned department stores over several floors, it was a very hot day and the lifts weren’t working. I was waiting for my mum at the top of the stairs and whilst I was waiting, an overweight (and very pregnant) woman came waddling slowly up the stairs, puffing and panting and eating a huge bar of chocolate. I couldn’t take my eyes off her and from that moment I was hooked. I was far too young to know why, but there was something about fat (and to a lesser extent, pregnant) women that fascinated me.

The real clincher was when I was 11. Going back to children’s media again, I happened across a book in the school library. I know I was 11, because I was less than a week away from changing schools and never had time to actually finish the book. It was called ‘Whale, that’s me’ and the front cover was a picture of an overweight late teens girl in a crop top and bulging out of a pair of far too tight jeans. Being so close to leaving school, I wasn’t allowed to take books home from the library, so I had to read what I could in lunch breaks. Only had time to read the first few chapters but it was my introduction to fat fiction. And that was it. I knew then that I loved weight gain as well as fat.

Small aside: The book’s been out of print for years, but three or four years ago, after much digging, I finally found a second hand copy (cost a bloody fortune) and was able to read the rest of the story. And guess what? It was crap! If I’d managed to read a little further as a kid, I’d have discovered that it was a typical unloved girl changes her appearance and wins the guy of her dreams story. OhmygodI’msouglybecausefat… etc. etc. Oh well, at least I still liked the cover!

After that? Still no internet yet, so I just assumed I was weird for liking fat girls when nobody else (as far as I knew, anyway) did. So I just made the best of it that I could - like buying diet magazines (you know the format - before and after pics and success stories about how much weight they’d lost, how good being slim felt, blah, blah blah.) Cutting the pictures out, pretending the before pics were after pics, and vice versa, of course, and writing my own little stories about how they’d put on weight rather than lost it. Which, I suppose, is how I got into writing fat and weight gain fiction.

And that’s about it, really. In the late 90s, the internet started to take off. It wasn’t too long before sites like Dimensions slowly appeared and I realised that I wasn’t the only one into this sort of stuff.

Sorry this was so long (knew it would be), but as I said, I’m bored!

5 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot of comments regarding totally spies, and suddenly i realize where a majority of modern fetishes came from.

2 Likes

Totally Spies is the Nexus point OF tons of Fetishes how do you think it ran so long.

3 Likes

It’s nice to see people come back to this one discussion

I think, growing up, scenes involving WG just caught my attention more than others. There were specific scenes in cartoons like The Simpsons and even Courage the Cowardly dog (some episode where Eustace got turned into a dinosaur?) that I fixated on when I was young. I recall hoping for the “fat” episodes to air whenever re-runs were on TV :joy:

I don’t think it was until I was maybe 8 or 9 when I felt different–embarrassed, actually–for really liking the fat dragon transformation scene from that sequel to the animated film “Anastasia”. There were chuckles and such among my family during that scene, and I was just like :flushed: :eyes: lmao!

I believe that the event that really cemented it in my psyche was when I gained a little bit of weight myself over a summer during my middle school years. It wasn’t like I became fat or anything, but I noticed that if I puffed out my middle, it wasn’t flat anymore. Wires got crossed, I discovered deviantArt, found out that there was fat/wg art of anything, practiced my own drawing skills, and so on. I wouldn’t attempt to purposefully gain weight until several years later into my late-teens, which proved to be a horrendous experience. The amount of money I spent to eat so much and the effects on my health and mentality were not worth the comparatively-short mirror-ogling sessions. I guess by living through that, I managed to un-cross a wire or two, lose a bunch of weight, and even have a completely changed lifestyle now. I no longer have a desire to be fat; today, you wouldn’t be able to tell that I used to be overweight!

3 Likes

I’d like to thank everyone for their responses over the 3 years that I’ve had this thread up for. Not sure if anyone realised but I made a typo in the title and only fixed it like about a few months ago lol.

3 Likes

It’s not about weight gain, more like how I systematically picked the fattest female characters I could in past MMOs I played because I knew that they would otherwise be unhealthily slim: SWTOR, WoW, Elyon being those MMOs I played that actually had females whose bodies had something remotely resembling fat.

2 Likes

For me, I think it was more of the environment I grew up in more than anything else. I never really saw any of the trademark fetish scenes from cartoons (except for that one ending card from Foster’s home). The majority of women in my childhood were overweight in some form or another, so it wasn’t exactly a big surprise to me when I found out what appealed to me around the age of 12 or so. One funny thing in retrospect is that I used to get teased about “liking” a fat girl in school. I didn’t actually like her in any way, but that was because of her personality rather than her weight.

How I got into inflation was another story, however. When I was a kid, I saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory when it came out, and boy did that scene really give me a weird feeling in my gut. I later learned that the childhood friend I saw it with felt the same way, which blew my mind. Later on, I wanted to play some dig dug for whatever reason, so I looked it up and found some of those weird old digs dug inflation images. I found deviant art and that’s where I fell down the rabbit hole. Still falling to this very day.

Old topic but gonna reply anyway cuz why not.

I’ve liked fat people since I was a kid, I remember feeling nervous to actually say the word fat at times, and sometimes I’d go on the sims just to create fat ones, but being a kid I never really knew why I was like that until one day I decided to simply search the word fat on youtube, one of the top results was this Big Beautiful Woman Funnel Feeder: BBW Wants To Be As Fat As Possible - YouTube and it’s snowballed from there.

Sidenote: another of the top results was the music video for Fat by Weird Al Yankovic, so that was the first time I knew of his existence.

ah I’ll throw in a reply too for the hell of it.

I can’t exactly pinpoint what or why I’m into fat chicks. It’s something that’s kinda always stuck with me. I remember having dreams when I was younger sorta similar to weight gain, but I do remember being curious one day and looking up fat girls on google and low and behold I stumble across Deviant Art (because of course it was Deviant Art.) Thus my big lady enthusiast journey properly began.

1 Like

Gloria from Madagascar and Mammoth Mutt from Krypto the Superdog gave my little kid self some feelings which were very confusing at the time.

Bit of an old thread, sorry for the late reply, but for me personally it sparked from simple admiration at a young age. When I was little I lived in a town that had a lot of plus-sized residents, and I went to school with a lot of plus-sized kids and all the different bodies around me completely enthralled me for a reason I can’t explain. I find most kids my age when we were younger would look up body parts we were curious about, and sexual attraction typically sparked there, but as for me I only started to feel that spark when I looked at fat bodies (among a few other things too, of course, but fat’s my main focus here). It sort of flourished- or spiraled? lmao- from there.
On top of that, through my whole life my mother was very strict about my weight, always complaining when I approached the peak of the average weight of whatever my age was at the time. Maybe I have a little trauma from that, maybe that links to my attraction somehow, but I dunno.
Either way, no matter what got me here I’m happy to be here!

2 Likes

My earliest memory of experiencing weight gain in media was an episode of Sesame Street. I think that episode was brought to us by the letter ‘G’. Something about seeing Cookie Monster eating way too many cookies and getting fatter than he already kinda was made me feel a way that I wouldn’t understand until many years later. I wanted to be like him, so I’d stuff blankets/pillows into my pajamas. I liked doing it, but had an understanding enough that it wasn’t normal so I always did it in private and didn’t speak a word to anyone about it. That ritual has followed me into adulthood, and I’m unsure of if I’ll ever stop completely.

There was plenty of weight gain media (especially cartoons) growing up in the late 90’s early 00’s. I remember begging my parents to rent out the “Timon & Pumbaa” show on VHS for the hundredth time just for the weight gain scenes. Someone else in the thread mentioned/referenced Templeton the rat from Charlotte’s Web, that was another one that I felt so weird about liking as a kid.

For whatever reason, almost every PBS Kids franchise show had at least one weight gain-centric episode, and those were always my favorite ones. Arthur and Clifford were the two biggest “offenders” in that regard, some of the scenes from those still pop into my head 15 years later; that’s how much they affected me growing up. Being late elementary-early junior high age, I remember hoping those episodes would come on when I was watching after school.

I was always shy about using the word “belly.” I remember avoiding it, or just feeling such a burning shame whenever I had to use/type it. It was embarrassing, but I couldn’t figure out why I squirmed so much when I had to use it. I figured out later that it’s because of my kink. Eventually I embraced the word, especially in my more recent fiction writing.

Late junior high/high school, I discovered DeviantArt and it opened so many doors and avenues for me to explore/indulge in the kink fully. Just about every fandom/media I hyper-fixated on had some form of weight gain content (whether images or stories).

There are some weight gain adjacent stories that I enjoyed growing up, mostly involving the only VHS tape at my church I consistently remembering checking out: The Magic School Bus for Lunch. I’ll…let you put two and two together on that one. The 2005 “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” was also a favorite, not only as a JD and TB fan, but as a blueberry inflation fan.

Basically, I’ve had this kink/enjoyed this fetish for as long as I can remember. Until the past several years, I wasn’t sure if there were other people “like me,” which is why I felt compelled to reply to this thread, even though it’s several years old. I figure it’ll be around for several years more, so here’s to the past, present, and future people who are “like me.” :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Just reading this made me remember one of my earliest “triggers” the Laurel and Hardy short “Below Zero” where Stan drinks an entire barrel of water. And, no, I may be older than most here, but I wasn’t around in 1930 when this was made!

2 Likes

Had forgotten about it until I read this, but I used to do that too!

@dingotush I love Laurel and Hardy, although I’m also not old enough to have been around in 1930! Fun fact - Stan Laurel was born about 50 miles from where I live.

1 Like

I got that, unrestricted youtube that introduced vore, and fat art from deviantart.

I think mine started with an episode of chowder where he got stuck in the bathroom and his body inflated from not peeing, I simply wanted to watch that episode again when I first saw it. Later on when I was in grade school there was a girl with a pot belly and I simply couldn’t look away. A few years after I was recommended some inflation videos, back in the day youtube allowed those kinds of recommendations (lmao). Now here I am, found a website about it and its lovely.

I remember I got into it when I was pretty young, and well it was multiple things that got me into it. Like I remember at some point finding vore videos and images which really got me hooked because I just loved how round those bellies looked in those images. That led me to find fat images and videos, and from there I just fell so in love with fatty bellies and bodies. And well from there it just sort of took off. Like I couldn’t take my eyes off anyone IRL with a bit of a belly. I started to look up belly stuffing videos and weight gain sequence videos, and little me just wanted to squeeze and rub the tummy lol I also remember this one girl in my class who burped in my face once, which I can only assume is what led me to love burps too, I guess? And now I’m here, 20 years old, with a gf who’s fallen in love with this kink of mine and even wants to fatten me up :blush:

Edit: That’s right, totally forgot another probably really big influence, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. More specifically the Violet Beauregard scene where she just swells up. I remember watching that over and over again as a kid. The sounds, the visuals, it just made me fall in love with weight gain and fatties (even if technically it’s more blueberry inflation but whatever lol)

I think I was always into it.
I remember playing Quake 3 and staring at the fat characters and I didn’t know why.
It didn’t really -start- until I got my hands on Fable 2 where I learned you can make your character FAT. I made a female character to play in private when my parents weren’t around. The Sims 3 also contributed to it, with a bunch of those weight gain stories on youtube…
I never knew why it fascinated me so much until middle school 2014/2015-ish.