What is your native language?

OK, I understood something. People, who don’t know English well, don’t enter into discussions. They just download games and thats all. So poll don’t have any sense.facepalm

Truth be told, I created this discussion for find interlocutors to converse without language barriers. And also to say what we need more games where doesn’t needs to read a lot, platformers for example or maybe puzzles.

I WANT TO PLAY, NOT READ. If I wanted to read, I would take a book, and not being here.

3 Likes

Я думал я здесь один русско говорящий

Не, есть я, ColdSteelJ и Username2.

Может в телеге беседу создадим?

1 Like

Unfortunately that is probably not going to happen. Text heavy games like text adventures and Visual Novels tend to be very low barrier to entry and require less technical knowledge in the general case. Thanks to RPG and Game Maker RPGs and side scrollers are kind of right behind those but for the most part most games will probably be text adventures or VNs.

(Should note that while text adventures dont require a ton of technical skill to setup they are also used by those with technical skill but lack artistic skill due to the fact they dont have to provide art for them so some text adventures can be quite complex)

3 Likes

I agree with grotlover2 although English is not my native language, I prefer it for games, to see how the story unfolds and more details, for puzzle games where girls get fat, there are a couple in Devviantart, which are not bad, but It’s nice to know what happens in different situations like they do in RPG games.

PS: games that use very own idioms or memes that have a short life, make their comprehension difficult are time.

3 Likes

Well, I was born in the Czech Republic, but I grew up in Germany so I guess I sorta have two native languages.
I learned English mainly to interact with people Online and just cause I like the language, recently I finally got a C2-Level Certificate, so I pretty much speak English on a almost Native-level as well!
I would have to agree that english is a preferable language for games, since it’s far easier to understand in the long run and english is just really commonly spoken.