Personally, I only ask for two things, first I really enjoyed the dragon’s cave, maybe a macro game that involves activities with the dragon’s lair could be possible?
But, my second wish is something deeply personal to me…
My kobold needs ~style . If it’s possible I would enjoy more kobold customization for their head, and tail. I think implementing clothing on the kobold would be pretty hard.
I really really wanted to add this in the jam version but just ran out of time.
I’m actually working on 2 other projects first that were in development before the Jam.
Ok. That makes sense. I have an idea if it would be ok.I think to be able to make a level go off of high alert you there could be a bed in the level or in the cave to sleep on and your belly sags over the edge.I thought it would be good in a level if maybe you don’t actually don’t sleep but you pretend and we still get to see a belly full of coins sagging and giggling off the bed and it gets bigger the more coins you have “gotten”.just a thought but I thinks I might be stupid.
I personally don’t agree with baton on this I feel like it’s a little too much.
The bed could be a hiding spot.
i am not telling him to do all of the above, it’s “suggestions”, you give a man ideas, not requests
Ok sorry I didn’t mean it to be rude
I think we all would like to see a kobold that has been stuffed with gold and is (not actually) bursting at the seems after being caught by the guard on the gold pile in the castle.Maybe being rolled back to the cave or something
Yours was actually one of my favorite games in the whole jam. I think it says a lot about what you accomplished that I really just want MORE of it. More stages, more weight levels, more “gambles” and upgrades in the cave. Etc etc.
In general, my favorite part of this game was how you implemented direct gameplay effects for your size with the stuckage mechanic. I’d like more of THAT if possible.
I’m not good with this kind of fetish creativity, but here are a few ideas from the top of my head, just to contribute with the brainstorming session:
- Maybe if you are big enough you can do a belly bump smaller guards
- Maybe you can put vents of high windows and you have to bounce on yours/others bellies to get up there
- Maybe if you get too big, even the stairs can get small for you, so you have no option but to get even bigger to break the floor/wall to get outside. This could introduce the strategy of choosing where to break through, and include a rush of fleeing while super slow.
- I think rolling could be a good mechanic if you get too big. You could make the controls super subject to inertia to make it difficult to drive, but it could be fun.
- I’d particularly enjoy if progression with new upgrades could be gated by needing to feed the other kobolds that offer them. That way you don’t make everything available from the beginning, and you get to see them get bigger.
- A few “gamble” type upgrades that I think could be fun:
- Some upgrade to the inflation-lovers out there, so that you fill yourself with air, reducing your capacity, but are also quicker and jump higher.
- The reverse of the micro upgrade, that might make it easier for you to bully guards but make it difficult to get into places and make you slower.
- Some upgrade to make the doors larger, but there is less money around because they had to pay the construction crews to expand the doors.
- When playing the game I had a lot of problem with very specific guards, it could be interesting to have a mechanic to throw food and temporarily put them in a food coma to strategically move past them.
- This idea would also be cool if complimented with the ability to get these “food weapons” in the stage itself, like in the farm patch or in the back of the bar.
- It would be interesting if a different variant of levels were a speedrun instead of a stealth game. All pieces are basically in place, so this seems like a really cheap way to add to the variety of gameplay.
Anyway, this was just me spitting out ideas for the brainstorm. I continue to hold that if you just add more stages and weight levels, you are already on your way to have one of the best games in this site.
What about temporary vore? You could have Coinpurse eat a single guard at a time, then spew them out whenever, temporarily stunned, to get in other guards’ way. You wouldn’t be able to leave the area with someone in your gut, though. Have some text appear that says “Your dragon wants gold, not villagers.” or something like that when you try to leave before releasing the guard in your belly. Maybe you could even have a skill tree with a branch that allows for more than one “captive” at a time.
I really enjoyed this project. If you were to make it into a fuller project, i’d love to see a mechanic for stretching your capacity, rather than just being able to eat as much as you can find from the start.
Maybe not a straight “Spend gold to increase your capacity” type thing, but maybe more like you have a capacity limit and going above that REALLY slows you down, but if you manage to escape, your stomach stretches a little bit. I think that would really be a fun way to goads the player into getting just one more stack of coins…
I think the option to consume other things might be fun too. livestock. Jewlery. Food. Maybe if your capacity gets high enough, people.
Less though out ideas - if you added weight gain, maybe you could add a weight - skill store as well as gold.
The stomach stretching stuff is my most requested mechanic though. Great project! =)
Idea for incorporating vore
Maybe when/if you add more locations you can add some other kobolds that work for other dragons and by eating them you can get their loot?
- Here are some of my idea’s for Coinpurse Kobold -
New locations for money stealing, maybe a full city with multible buildings.
Adding 2 levels too all existing greed-cards would be nice.
Having new greed-cards, like More Capacity before noice get’s make, later/longer delay on detections, but more noice is more often or when caught, you can buy the enemies over for x times, but getting caught with no cash = a kick out.
Cheat option for cash, where you can go in with very low enemies.
New item: Magic spells. Spells can be bought in with gold with no limit on how much you can buy, But you can only drink 3 per locations.
Spell 1 idea: Swiftness - increase your speed.
Spell 2 idea: Sneakiness - Become invisible for 3 seconds every 20 seconds, up too a max of 10 seconds invis.
Spell 3 idea: Giantize - Become bigger, allowing too get more cash when stolen. At max size, enemies are scared of you.
Spell 4 idea: Minimize - Become smaller, allowing yourself too go trough gaps at big sizes, but your capacity takes a hit.
New Item: Lucky Cards. Cards that give a benefit for a map, but be warned, you can also get unlucky. Lucky cards stay on the map for 1 time, replaying that map keeps the card active, but wont renew. Unlucky cards stay on the map for 3 times and cross over the unluck, same with lucky cards, they stay on replay.
Lucky Card 1 - Gulping More. Increase size and cash flow.
Lucky Card 2 - Illness. Less people in the location cause of illnesses.
Lucky Card 3 - Silenced. Delay the detection and detection range by 50%.
Lucky Card 4 - Feared. The first 2 non-guard enemies that detect you are scared of you.
Unlucky Card 1 - Inmobility. Size and cash carry over and won’t deposit till effect wears off.
Unlucky Card 2 - Pay on Bill. Less cash is on the map. Leaving has a cost requirement.
Unlucky Card 3 - Screaming Loud! All enemies hear you walk around on the floor.
Unlucky Card 4 - Not Scared. You are detected faster.
I hope you see this message and find some of them a great idea