Whole Hog - Version 1.5.1 (Bugfix) Update (PC and Mac) Now on Patreon! Version 1.4.2 now linked here for free!

well take you time wholehog, it is your game and sorry

3 Likes

Does the game end when Danielle(ye thats the name right) changes appearance?

1 Like

Yes, to both!

“Danielle” is the name I landed on, I went through a few, if anyone has peeked at the image files you’ll see “Sara” was a close runner up.

I’m planning on releasing this in chunks. Each chunk or “chapter”, if you will, will end at the next weight stage.

• HH
1 Like

It has been a while since I’ve really been excited about a new game on here. I have to say, this game has some of the most potential of any game I’ve seen on here in quite a while. There is quite a bit of polish that could help a lot here (fixing bugs, fixing transitions, helping make the graphics look a little more professional), but the core of the game is really intriguing. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

3 Likes

Thank you, that means a lot.

I’ve got a long way to go, I’ve been playing with Daz for about 6 months so I know I’ve still got a long way to go lol. Same with the coding. Things will only get better! With time, practice and lots of googling lol.

Polish is the focus of the next update, so I’ll be working on fixing the transitions and navigation system and other odds and ends.

• HH
3 Likes

Hey everybody!

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone, you have all been so nice and supportive!

When I started this thing I was more or less putzin around and seeing if I could do anything and if I had anything to say, creatively. Things started coming together and I thought hey, let’s give it a shot.

As of right now the link for the game has been clicked over 800 times! I’m flabbergasted, I’m amazed, I’m other things I don’t even have words for!

With the financial support I’ve received on Patreon I’ve been able to replace/update many of the backgrounds, including the apartment, the hallway (apparently you have to buy one separately?), The bakery and the cafe.

I’ve also updated Danielle and Cindy, this means new figures, clothes and hair. I was going to keep it to those two, but I’ve been so grateful for all the support I carved out some time and updated Tracy as well. She looks great in 8.1!

I posted a little teaser on Patreon for her, just a few images. I’ll post them here for free in a few days (Thursday most likely).

As more updates come I’ll be replacing a few backgrounds/characters at a time. So for the first few updates there may still besome incongruities between sprites and backgrounds.

Thanks a million,
HH

7 Likes

Just wonderin what does HH mean

Sure thing!

It’s the moniker I gave myself, username is wholehog919 but that’s the name of the game, so I’m calling myself Hog Herder lol.

Wow i love the demo,. Is 8,1 already available on patreon?

Some images are, but the next demo is not yet posted.

I’m in the final push though! Should be about a week (7 or 8 days).

-HH

3 Likes

Alright, as promised here is the look at the new and improved Tracy!

She will be updated for this upcoming demo!

Then there were three.

Shelly (the assistant), Kim, and Rachel are still Gen 1. I’ll be aiming to update them after demo 2.0 drops.

Thanks all!

• HH
11 Likes

Then 7 more days of waiting :grin:

1 Like

Just about!

We are in the last lap, just doing some final tweaks on the next reveal scene.

-HH

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

New version is posted to Patreon!

Exactly six weeks ago I put out the demo and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I have had over 1000 clicks on the demo in that time. I am humbled and hope that the update meets people expectations.

Just a few notes

• As I’ve mentioned before, the graphics got a boost although some backgrounds and characters are still at the Gen1 version so there is some visual incongruity. Over time these elements will be replaced.

• Old saves should work, but you may want to back up from the “end warnings screen”.

• I kept with using the “sprite model” as it grants me versatility and speed, but there are a few fully rendered images in there. Plus one for what I call the “good end”.

• I struggle with balance in the game so let me know if it’s too hard or too easy to get the good end. Or let me know if you don’t really care about the “gameplay” as it is and are just here for the story.

• I tried something new coding wise with the Bar scene. I don’t like it. Moving forward I’ll code it more like the park/bakery scenes.

• My transitions still suck, but I’m trying to work on that and it (and polish) will be the focus of the next update; along with the next stage and an updated figure (Kim or Rachel). Shockingly or not so shockingly, I have never written a story, coded a game, or rendered images before. So, hopefully my skills in all these areas increase, to produce an even better game.

Speaking of next updates, I’ll be recoding early scenes, rendering new images and scenes and I have a vacation coming up (which I will not have my laptop for), so the next update will probably be mid to end December. Somewhere between the 15th and 20th is the goal.

Thanks for playing!

-HH

10 Likes

will this update also come to the public via this site or will the current demo stay at 1.0? just wondering

For right now it’s Patreon only, but this update will be public by the next update at the latest!

• HH
1 Like

So my thoughts in no particular order on 1.1:

Best Points:

• The scene with Danielle having eaten too much after a home cooked dinner is great and the render adds a lot

• It feels like there is more content and fleshed out scenes here. I might have just not hit them before, but it makes for a good experience.

• The new renders are definitely an improvement on the old ones

• The renders on the weight gain reveal scenes are fantastic and really bring them to life

Room for Improvement:

• Some of the character names are messed up in the dialogue. Shelly is titled Danielle and Kim is titled Kelly.

• The characters almost look too small for the screen. You have so much real estate and some good quality renders - make them take up more of the screen so we can see them!

• The whole work scene seems a little weird when there isn’t an appearance from Shelly. It can be a few clicks to get through and not really provide any opportunity for doing anything.

• The weekend scene doesn’t seem to add anything right now. It gives you the same amount of time and no extra activities. Perhaps that will be changed in the future?

• The speech bubble and the home button on the side are a little strange. They let me do things I’m not sure I should be able to do, plus they don’t seem to be necessary. Any reason they are there?

• The her getting mad at me for making comments about her weight felt off since I didn’t do that a single time when given the choice

Overall it definitely feels like good progress is being made, which is exactly what I would want to see from a new version. Awesome work! Hopefully the comments are helpful for you in future work.

2 Likes

Feedback like this is exactly what will make the next version better!

• I had no idea about the names, I’ll get that fixed asap.

• The work scene is a work in progress, I’m thinking about adding new “work” characters in the future to fill in the blanks. I agree there is not much to be gained there with no “money” feature in the game.

• that’s a great idea for the weekend. To be honest the reason it hade two time blocks was just because it was easier coding wise to keep all days the same with time function.

• the home button was more a “get out of jail free card” when bug testing by myself the game would get stuck in random spots. The home button always leads home. The talk button was for random encounters. I haven’t quite worked that out yet. I’m hoping to get it in future versions.

• As far as her making those comments, I tried to make it that she wouldn’t say that unless a comment was made. Thatay be an error in my coding. The only other thing is that the appetite stimulant also makes her feel bad about her appetite, pushing her too far as it were. That would also lead to her making those kinds of comments.

Thank you for pointing these things out. As I’ve mentioned I’m a novice at coding and most else. These kinds of things are exactly what I’m looking to update for the next version when I focus on “polish”.

Thanks again!

• HH
2 Likes

Off to a very good start- Danielle is :star_struck: :star_struck:

Comments/input/ramblings:

Maybe we could get to know a little more about Danielle… what does she actually do for a living or spend her time on (besides feasting…!) It is very quick that Danielle is gorging on large amounts of food, an way out-eating the MC. For a girl that starts thin and seems to care about what others think of her weight, this seems almost too fast. Perhaps a reason could be given for this- for example if she had a physical job, she might justify eating much because of that? Just a thought…

It is clearly inspired by the weighting game, which is great, because I love that game and there should be many more like it… It is still early days for the story line, but I do feel that the game could carve out a bit more of its own identity by diverging more story wise from weighting game though as it progresses. Maybe this is already the plan…

I am a little confused by your above statement that " The talk button was for random encounters" - The talk button brings forth Danielle no?
I used the talk button at almost every step during the day to do things with Danielle… Is this not how it is supposed to be used? I did wonder that her popping up in the scene whenever I used it was maybe just a placeholder and interpreted it as calling her on the phone to come over/do something…

I got crashes when doing things at night (using talk button to do things with Danielle). In no way game breaking, since you can just do everything at other times of the day.

There is also only rendered scenes for the final weight gain reveal scene right? Or did I miss this for the second stage?

What else- well, insight into Danielles weight, measurements etc in some (realistic) way would be great.

All the comments are just meant as input to help develop the game- It is already going in a very enjoyable direction and I am very excited for upcoming chapters :smiley:

Thanks for the input!

• I am trying to figure out a way to “measure” her progress as it is.

• The back story I had planned to pepper in as she gets bigger, same with an explanation for the big appetite. I have scene planned where the MC meets her parents and well… secrets get out.

• The final stage is the only one with multiple rendered scenes for now. I am planning on making that a staple for all the next ones. It makes it more immersive (but takes forever lol)

• The “random encounters” were a thing in my earliest version that I never released. I tried to make it more open world and you’d run into Rachel, Danielle or someone and you’d use the talk button to interact with them. I may end up scrapping that idea/button entirely as I can’t figure out the coding. The main way to interact with Danielle is to hit the Danielle button at the entrance of your apartment.

Thank you again for the input, these kinds of things are what the next update will focus on. Polishing the backstory, the buttons, and a few other things.

• HH
1 Like