WiiWare Game Eat! Fat! Fight! Interest check (Will require a Wii Emulator)

[i][font=times new roman]So, The reason I’m putting this in Project ideas is to see if people would even want this on the board, though it might just be the most official closest to a commercial product of any games on here (No offense). This little WiiWare gem of sorts here is called Eat! Fat! Fight! It’s basically a Sumo Game, where you can bulk up or train your sumo, then head into the ring to fight other sumo fighters in a tournament to claim as many victories as possible before moving onto the next.
Weight gain is rather slow in this, and done through a drop-down matching food types mini-game, but is noticeable.
Now, how one is able to use the associated file:
Step #1: Find an Emulator for Wii games(I personally recommend Dolphin) Step #2: Choose a folder for the Emulator to scan for compatible files, whether they be Zip or Pal formats. Step #3: Place game file inside of selected folder.
And you should be good to go, for the most part. You will need to either have a way to connect a Wiimote to your computer via bluetooth, or assign button presses and such for the different actions(This is why I’m posting this as an interest check.) Once you do that, the game is yours for exploring(and probably expanding, if you catch my drift.)

Dropbox link: [removed by admin, see below] Send me a PM if interested in playing!

Side note: I do hope one of these days, we can recreate this game with more weight gain, maybe less fight, or however we can twist it.

Unfortunately, I’ll need to edit out the dropbox link in this. This is technically piracy, and while I don’t particularly care about that, Nintendo might. However, I don’t monitor PMs, so if someone were to PM DarkToonLink45 and ask for the link to the game (which is quite fun, by the way), I’d not know about it, and couldn’t remove it.

Just sayin’

Ah, right, sorry! We’ve already seen some great games fall under Nintendo’s foot, and yes, send me a PM if you are interested in playing Eat! Fat! Fight!

I actually own a copy on actual Wii (or in this case, Wii U) hardware.

Same here. I’ve played it on and off, but have yet to get a character to max weight. I think it’s 290 kilograms from what I read online, but I’m not sure.

I’ll have one link, my good sir.

I highly recommend this game.

Controls are a little tough to get; I can’t find any way to figure them out besides button mashing. The trainers during the first tournament mention some of them, definitely take down what they say!

Edit:

The controls I know so far:

Mashing 1: Charge/Grab, faster mashing boosts Throw meter faster
2: Punch
Tilt Controller Down while in a Grab: Attempt throw

On the subject of controls…some things I’ve figured out: While mashing the grab button during a grapple, you can keep pressing forward to push the opponent towards the edge, as long as you have the upper hand in the grapple. IF you’ve got the charge meter up all the way, you’ll start glowing and be able to perform a finishing move, by pressing either down and grab mashing, or forward and down grab mashing, I’m not too sure on that one. Also, in Chanko, I can’t tell if getting combos, or ‘refills’ is a good thing to do, like it adds bonus calories, but see if you guys can figure it out.

I am ashamed to say I never even knew about the refill combo thing.

Hey, should this be moved to a different page, or should it stay here, since people ARE apparently interested?

Would it be worth it to have basically an industry board? With games that are built by companies for profit? That’s the only place I could see this working.

I don’t think it would be worth it. There’s so little fetish fuel for us in said games, at least from what I remember.

The throw mechanics still confuse me to this day, but I can attest to combos being better. At least, if you start small and work your way up to the bigger servings. Getting a big bowl of Chanko on your third refill is usually an easy couple thousand points from what I remember.

Does the Kcal score depend on anything but number of ingredients matched? I thought that was it, but lmk if there’s any other factors. The best score I’ve got so far is ~3500.

The Kcal:Kg gained doesn’t seem to hold; early on in the game ~3200 Kal comes out to 5 Kg, but later on it only gives 2 Kg. It might be that if you choose chanko instead of training many times in a row, you gain less weight from the same amount of calories. I tried doing a round of training to test this, but it didn’t seem to help gain more on the next round of chanko. It also might just be that the heavier you are, the harder it is to gain.

In any case, refills = more ingredients on the board which usually means more ingredients matched. So I try to grab one of each type before matching the same type twice.

Would it be worth it to have basically an industry board? With games that are built by companies for profit? That’s the only place I could see this working.[/quote]

And have posts about games like this as well as other games with wg like Mabinogi, Fable II/III, The Sims, etc? It’d be good for discoveries like this game, but I’m not sure how important it would be for more mainstream stuff.

Would it be worth it to have basically an industry board? With games that are built by companies for profit? That’s the only place I could see this working.[/quote]

And have posts about games like this as well as other games with wg like Mabinogi, Fable II/III, The Sims, etc? It’d be good for discoveries like this game, but I’m not sure how important it would be for more mainstream stuff.[/quote]

Huh. Forgot about those. Who knows what else I’m forgetting…well, consider my mind changed. A board for this kind of stuff would likely be helpful.

Not yet I don’t think. This is really the only ‘mainstream’ game we’ve been talking about on here. Perhaps in the future, when we find more, an industry board would help keep things tidy.

Okay, so there’s a very large female NPC you’ll randomly fight as the 15th and final opponent in any tournament (which has a red tint for the pre-battle screen and totally different music when compared to the normal music you’ll hear in every battle). Also, every time you defeat a special yokozuna (like the one I just mentioned) for the first time, you’ll get an achievement of sorts known as “Defeated <Yokozuna Opponent’s Name>!”. Also, weight gain and fighting aren’t the only benefactors. You’ll have to hit rice bales, stomp an unsteady building’s floor (to make cans of candy and the occasional Maneki Neko a.k.a. Lucky Cat drop from the ceiling), and defeat training sumos by throwing them (which is easier than doing the same thing to actual opponents). Plus, between rounds, your coach will give you some advice via breaking the fourth wall (especially when you first start the very first tournament). You can also read the advice of the opposing coach, too. Eventually, you’ll be able to add a Mii’s face, too. However, watch out, because there’s a move that looks like you’re winning, but you’re actually losing, that opposing sumos can use on you…

This game is so, so close to being fun. The sumo fights are actually really interestingly simulated, the graphics are pretty good for a Wii game, and I don’t dislike the tile-match minigame.

But progress is so tediously slow and repetitive. Even if you’re really good at the training/eating mini-games, you only ever get incrementally tiny boosts for doing it ("You gained 3 points in a skill where the starting value is 300, and lost 1 of the 2 KG you can reliably gain! Now just do that again-- after you "). And the forced matches themselves feel pointless. If there was some incentive to actually win these matches it might get me invested, like winning money for food or costumes or something? But you just get pointless rank-ups, so it’s hard to care whether I win or not. Makes me want to throw matches just to get back to training.

Makes me wistful for a fuller Sumo rpg game. Beyond the fetishism, Sumo is actually a pretty cool sport.

Almost forgot that the game itself uses the metric system (which is odd for Americans, since they’re used to pounds instead of kilograms).

So, I didn’t understand the game very well.Button 2 makes a hit.Button 1 makes the capture.When I made the capture, what should I do next?What should I click?

I can’t seem to find Gameshark/Action Replay codes or a save editor for this game ANYWHERE! :frowning: