Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

I noticed a new bug in this version. Occasionally when clicking “Tell me about the burger joint” it takes you straight back to the menu with talk/order/goodbye without saying anything.

Still exploring this new update though OwO

1 Like

I’ll investigate & roll out a bug-fix later today. Thanks for reporting it :slight_smile:

Edit: Trello’s down at the moment, but the bug-fix will deploy once it’s back up.
Edit: Bug-fix has been deployed. Have a nice day!

Just a quick idea maybe the worse of a relationship with simon he spikes your food and it either leads to a bad end or just more weight gained from it than usual

2 Likes

Liked the new updates and loved Sofi! :smiley:

The game is slowly becoming more complete. I think however it needs more descriptions when you reach higher weights, since they seem to remain the same at about 400 pounds (I barely fit throught the bathroom door at 400 and at 900 pounds XD) maybe after a certain weight, you outgrow the current room and gets moved into a new one, and after a while you can’t even fit in the taxi as well and need a bigger vehicle. It would be really cool!

Another wish, but just a more personal desire, not something that would make the game worse without it, is that it would be cool to have a female npc to fatten up just like Ben

6 Likes

That’s a pretty cool suggestion! I’ve added it to the idea pool on the Trello.

This is on my to-do list for sure.

While another “NPC fattening up” route isn’t in the works currently, it is on my list of items for when all the locations are added to the game.

Thank you both for the suggestions & have a lovely day!

2 Likes

The new stuff that’s been added is pretty interesting, but I have to say that there’s something about this game that’s been bugging me for a while now. With a name like Worshippers of the Gain, there really hasn’t been that much of it. I was expecting some sort of cult-ish stuff going on, with more and more of the townsfolk getting fatter over time, and investigating this while having to deal with your own climbing weight. As fun as the game has been thus far, there really isn’t that much of a driving force to it. I imagine this is something that will come out later on, but aside from us there only really seems to be one major character who is fat, barring the random events at the burger place. Maybe add some stuff like the cab driver offhandedly mentioning this during the ride back to the hotel? Maybe a random chance of seeing fat furs on our way to the clothing store, or seeing less furs at the gym, or at least less skinny ones? Or even have a fur disappear entirely for a time, only to resurface later having become incredibly obese? All just me thinking out loud, but I do have high hopes for this game regardless.

2 Likes

Yep, 100% agree, and it’s just a case of not having reached that point in development yet. The “church” update is when you’ll start seeing stuff like this and the namesake of the game will make more sense.

Cheers for the suggestions too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very well. I shall await said update with baited breath, and a full stomach.

1 Like

Hey, just want to say i have been loving your game and its updates and cant wait for more. If you dont mind me asking i would like to know who is the character you love the most, mine is Simon at this moment and loved the events you gave him this update but i also hope to see more character for Terry.
Also, your writing is great and im curious if you ever did any others works before, games or stories and if its your first try then its amazing. Keep the great work.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the kind words!

Currently, Matt is my favourite. I adore the nerdy/creative archetype and I have big plans for that boy in a couple updates’ time. Terry’s definitely due a revisit too though (Raffle, eating contest, “best customer”, etc, are planned events), but I’m doing a Patreon poll sometime next week to decide which character is getting new content this update.

‘Worshippers Of The Gain’ is the first game I’ve ever made, and I went into RenPy development totally blind. Also, I don’t consider myself a particularly good writer. I’ve been reading a bunch of online resources to improve my skills though, and I reckon it’s paying off. Extremely happy that you’re all enjoying the game so far though, definitely didn’t expect it to get so much love! :smiley:

Thanks again and have a fantastic day!

6 Likes

I like the spa panther I forget her name

2 Likes

This could well only be on my end, but the music seems to jump around a lot, to the point of sounding glitchy. To give a brief description, basically whenever I click on anything, the music skips like a record. I haven’t seen much mention of it here, so it could just be my computer, but nonetheless I figured I should mention it. Good work on this so far; this is shaping up to be something special.

1 Like

Sofi. She’s due some more content soon :slight_smile:

I’m aware of some audio bugs reported in the past, but I’ve been unable to replicate them on my own equipment, unfortunately. I’ll have a look through the RenPy docs and see if I can find anything pertaining to it. Thanks for reporting it.

A Patreon poll for the update 0.7 secondary objectives has now gone live. If you want to contribute to polls and direct the development of the game, please consider having a look at WOTGDev is creating Worshippers of The Gain | Patreon

3 Likes

Three new character portraits (Simon, Sofi & Matt) will be in the next update. Previews are up on Patreon, along with a new poll to decide which of the aforementioned characters get scene artwork first.

A public teaser is up at https://twitter.com/WOTGDev/status/1225857653257142274

4 Likes

Ah, guess you found them :slight_smile:

I did, lol. Still having some trouble figuring out some of the Hunk dates. I’m not sure how to get some of the burgerjoint ones to fire.

There are 4-5 variants, all based on the player’s weight. If the player has only moderate weight, there’s an equal chance of them losing or winning the food-eating scenario.

What is defined as moderate weight? I was up to 3500+ and never saw a thing.

Also, the room service option does not take your fullness into consideration. I could basically eat indefinitely. My energy level was well into the negatives with no in game effect, as well.

1 Like

The scene variants for weight during Hunk’s dates are 0-49, 50-99, 100-199, and >200.

This was an oversight, thanks for pointing it out. I’ll fix it in the next update.

At the current time, energy is just used to calculate weight-gain when the player sleeps. I have an energy-system overhaul planned to release alongside the 0.8 update :slight_smile:

1 Like