Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

Don’t burn yourself out, okay? Crunch sucks, especially self-imposed crunch,

5 Likes

Merry Christmas, Gainers.

A new public build is out! Read about it here!

1 Like

@WOTGDEV I have an error for you:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9871, in script call
    call BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4358, in script call
    call Receptionist_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_Receptionist_ModifyRelationship
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7193, in script call
    call HotelSpa_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_HotelSpa_ModifyRelationship_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7146, in script call
    call HotelSpa_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_HotelSpa_ModifyRelationship
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6212, in script call
    call Sofi_ModifyWeight(100) from _call_Sofi_ModifyWeight_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9843, in script call
    call BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship
  File "game/script.rpy", line 22676, in script
    if BerthaKnowTrains == True:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 22676, in <module>
NameError: name 'BerthaKnowTrains' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9871, in script call
    call BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4358, in script call
    call Receptionist_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_Receptionist_ModifyRelationship
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7193, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7146, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9843, in script call
    call BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship(10) from _call_BurgerJoint_ModifyRelationship
  File "game/script.rpy", line 22676, in script
  File "C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\Game Mods\Stuff\WorshippersoftheGain-Update12-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\Game Mods\Stuff\WorshippersoftheGain-Update12-win\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\Game Mods\Stuff\WorshippersoftheGain-Update12-win\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 22676, in <module>
NameError: name 'BerthaKnowTrains' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Worshippers of the Gain Update12
Sat Dec 19 20:44:47 2020

Unless I’m mistaken, looks like a simple variable misname - “BerthaKnowTrains” instead of “BerthaKnowTrans

I also found one

While running game code:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 8941, in script call
call HotelPool_ModifyRelationship (10) from _call_HotelPool_ModifyRelationship_1
File “game/script.rpy”, line 8912, in script call
call HotelPool_ModifyRelationship (10) from _call_HotelPool_ModifyRelationship
File “game/script.rpy”, line 7193, in script call
File “game/script.rpy”, line 7146, in script call
File “game/script.rpy”, line 6212, in script call
File “game/script.rpy”, line 6212, in script call
File “game/script.rpy”, line 5226, in script call
call Sofi_ModifyWeight(100) from _call_Sofi_ModifyWeight
File “game/script.rpy”, line 23729, in script
$ narrator(“You struggle to pull out your phone, pushing your {0}, unmanageable hand into your pocket and praying that it doesn’t get stuck. Luckily, you manage to retrieve your phone and call for a taxi. You’re immensely embarrassed, however, when a tractor and accompanying trailer arrives instead.”.format(Generate_WeightDescriptor()))
File “game/script.rpy”, line 23729, in
$ narrator(“You struggle to pull out your phone, pushing your {0}, unmanageable hand into your pocket and praying that it doesn’t get stuck. Luckily, you manage to retrieve your phone and call for a taxi. You’re immensely embarrassed, however, when a tractor and accompanying trailer arrives instead.”.format(Generate_WeightDescriptor()))
File “game/script.rpy”, line 61, in Generate_WeightDescriptor
WeightDescriptor = WeightDescriptorList[renpy.random.randint(97,113)]
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks, guys. Uploading a fix for these now.

Edit: Fixes uploaded!
Edit 2: Follow-up bugfixes are also live.

2 Likes

Have another bug popped up when modeling clothes for Matt.

Hi!

A bugfix just went out. Thanks for reporting the bug! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did I mention how much I adore the seasonal editions? That is especially the case for this one (Halloween 2 spooky 4 me). My character is always the nice guy, so the presents were such a fun addition. I am waiting for Christmas to play this build more completely. The coloring is exquisite–truly in living color! The scaling update was my favorite adjustment (thank you for introducing me to the word “fubsy”). Small note: careful not to overuse the word “saunter,” since it implies a casualness that contradicts some of the other descriptions in the same sentence.

Typos in newer material:

• “Unfortunately, this is very really. Where you ass was once relatively toned…”
  • “You notice you’re belt’s looking worn…”

Finally, an idea (that might have been pitched before or already implemented): the burger joint should have booths, as well. Nothing quite like squeezing yourself into your well-worn booth, only to end up wedged in once you’ve packed in your latest feast. Happy holidays!

4 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying the update!

Thank you for pointing out those typos, I’ll get a build out later today to fix 'em. Also will look into the frequency of “Saunter” too.

Edit: Internet’s playing up today, but I’ll get the typo fixes out with the Secondary content that’s coming t to the public build next week (Shower scenes, Nettie adult scenes, helping out at a burger joint).

More Burger Joint content is incoming, so stay tuned for that. Cheers for the suggestion too!

4 Likes

I love the content that’s been added with the local bear nun. Especially fattening her up. After all, you can’t spell piety without pie!

4 Likes

I’m totally gonna use that line somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just wondering if you were going to make a game guide like you did for update 10 for update 12?

1 Like

The final Demo’s out in a few weeks, so I’ll be making a comprehensive game guide for it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Bonus content for U12 is now implemented in the current public version :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The final Public Build is now live. You can read about it here!

Edit: A Game Guide for the demo will be out in a couple days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work, will revisit the paid version when I get enough money to be more secure to spend on stuff like this.

It’s been a great time waching this develop and I can’t wait to see what happens to it further down the line.

3 Likes

Does that mean this is the “final” version of the game until a payed version comes?

Thanks for playing! I’m looking forward to working on the future content :slight_smile:

It’s the final free version of the game, aside from bug-fixes. Patreon WIPs are going to continue, and the final game will be available for sale by the end of the year.

3 Likes

A few bugs-fixes are going out at the moment to fix some crashes that affected browser players. Should be fixed now!

1 Like

Extreme hype to be sure. This has already up to the level of “So good that I’m upset I can’t share it with my normie friends” good. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes