Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

Howdy, Gainers!

I’ve been working on a Visual Novel since August 2019 called ‘Worshippers of the Gain’.

The game is set in an isolated little town that, for reasons unknown, is utterly obsessed with fattening up its visitors. It’s up to the player to navigate the town’s attractions without falling victim to overindulgence… or not.

The game has now exited development, however you can see upcoming features and events on the Trello!

The game’s Demo is available here and the full game is now available for purchase on Itch.io and Steam!.

If you’d like to talk about the game, share your ideas, or report bugs, please join the Discord.

Thank you for playing!

65 Likes

I honestly have no idea what would be causing that error, since my game just sits inside a frame on Itch io. Thanks for letting me know about it though!

1 Like

I’m using FireFox, and I currently I get a “wasm instantiation failed! SecurityError: The operation is insecure.” message when trying to load the game. I’ve been able to run other games using Ren’Py, but only when the game is ran in its own window. Hope that helps diagnose the issue.

1 Like

Looked into the error above, and apparently it’s due to how the browser and iframes on itch.io interact. It’s registered as a security concern because it’s pulling content, or something to that effect.

Would it help if I included downloadable versions of the game?

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

A downloadable version would be great, and/or a link for the game to be ran in its own browser window.

1 Like

Is there a guide to getting the bad ends? i’m feeling like an idiot for not getting how to get them, i have the town hate me and am at the max weight, but nothing’s happened

1 Like

Next update should be out by Friday, so I’ll make sure to include download options for you. Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for expressing interest, the current bad ends are:

• Become incredibly unpopular and overweight, and refuse the hotel receptionist’s advances three times. If your blog has more than 75% negative comments, then you qualify for this bad end if you’re heavy enough.
  • Try to jog when you’re very unpopular and overweight. If your blog is getting > 90% negative comments, fatten up and try to jog at the park.
  • Use the taxi (come home from somewhere) while incredibly overweight and unpopular. >90% negative comments, fatten up at the burger joint and then try to come home.

If you want to gain weight fast, lower your popularity before you eat. The fattening effect of the food increases the less popular you are.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there any female weight gain in this?

1 Like

The player can use female pronouns, but the scenes are unisex by design. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I tried out the game and it looks good so far. One thing I should mention is that when I went to the gym I did the ‘Work Out’ option a couple of times (maybe 10ish times, since I was worried about getting a bad ending and was pushing 500 pounds) and ended up at -505 pounds. I assume this is a bug that can hopefully be fixed, and I totally understand stuff like this slipping through in WIP stuff. I mean, this is a game about getting fat, it probably didn’t expect someone to go hard at the gym.

2 Likes

Oh! Thanks for pointing this out, I’ll get it fixed for the next version.

Thanks for the support & feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to make the receptionist to make a move

1 Like

In the current version, you can provoke the receptionist by lowering your popularity, raising your weight super high, and then passing him 3 times, and refusing his advances each time.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I can’t figure out how to get him to make an advance… He just wolf-whistles at me.

1 Like

You need to have 76% negative comments on your blog or more. It should tell you the value whenever your character sleeps (ie. “You check your blog and…”). Hope this info helps!

Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your popularity needs to be between 75% and 90% negative comments, and your weight somewhere above 800lbs, probably even higher, I didn’t check when I got the ending but I think I was around 1200lbs. Just head somewhere then come back to the hotel and he’ll stop you.

2 Likes

This game is very nice so far! Would be nice to get more unique events regardless of your weight and popularity as well.

1 Like

Thanks for playing!

I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. My current task is getting NPCs established at the major locations and once that’s done they’ll show up occasionally in other places. I also want to do something with the day system, so various events can take place as well.

1 Like

Really digging the fun dreams you can have here. I hope there will be more of those, maybe depending on your weight/popularity? Like, you could have slightly darker dreams if you are particularly unpopular, or maybe one or two for being especially massive?

1 Like