Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

That’s a fantastic idea, thanks for suggesting it.

I’ve added it to my to-do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

1 Like

I’ve made the Trello public, forgot to do that originally, sorry!

1 Like

I have achieved a weight of -1205

1 Like

Yep, that’s a problem. It’s a known bug that should be fixed in the next version, which should go up later today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 0.3 of the game is now available at Worshippers of the Gain [Demo] by WOTGDEV

Have fun!

1 Like

I tried to go to the park from an old save and got this…

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about this.

You’ll need a fresh save since the variable being called is new to the update, and the variables are defined on game start. I’ll figure out how to fix this for the next update. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

So is there only bad ends, or is there a good ending?

1 Like

At the current time there are just bad ends. I have a system in the works for player progression towards a Good End, but it’s still a work in progress.

Thanks for playing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep running into a bug in which I try to return to the hotel but end up at the burger joint instead. Every time this happens, the bug loops, trapping me at the burger joint.

2 Likes

That explains why I could be popular and get up to 2,900 lbs.

I’m not complaining, I loved it. XD

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. That’s certainly bizarre.

Can you replicate the bug or provide a little more detail? For example, does it happen when your character visits a certain place or goes through a certain scene? That’d really help me narrow down what it could be and fix it.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I can support the bug. I first noticed it when I was returning from the burger place for the sixth time in one day, it keep looping me back to the place when I tried to return the hotel. The second time I noticed it was when I was forced to go to the tailors (for the third time). I had tried to go to the burger place, but I had to go to the tailors first. I went though the tailors and went through the dialogue for the taxi to hotel, but I ended at the burger place. I could not leave the burger place unless I loaded from a earlier point in time and skipped trying to go to the burger place before the tailors.

2 Likes

Well obviously, you are destined to keep eating burgers until your so fat you explode! Lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I have a pretty good idea what it must be!

1 Like

is the death by fat-spolosion a thing in the game?

1 Like

I found what I believe to be the bug. Do you happen to remember if you had selected the “Work on blog” option and said positive things about the town before the bug happened? Thanks.

Edit: I’ve been able to replicate the bug if I have 75% positive comments on the blog, and it looped exactly as you described. It’ll be fixed in the next patch. Thank you!

Not at the current time. Fatal weight-gain isn’t really my thing :frowning:

4 Likes

I think I did that both times before I left the hotel.

Also fatal weight-gain isn’t my thing either. Mr. Creosote doesn’t sit right with me.

5 Likes

Honestly what I was also looking for, but could never find. I like being kind to people, and found it odd when I kept putting on weight and the only change was the receptionist just staring.

Also, unless there are plans for thinner endings, I find it too easy to not gain weight, so it feels like my character is putting on weight just so I can move the story along. Seeing as how right at the beginning, the character seems to want to stay fit and keep track of their weight, I find this odd. I want there to be some struggle, something that’ll keep the character from staying thin, no matter what they do. There are two ways I can think of fixing this, or making it harder to stay slim:

1. Add limitations. Make a hunger bar, something that prevents working out unless you aren’t starved. Allow you to exercise only so many times before each rest. Something that limits the player from achieving instant success and makes it feel like the weight is a larger (heh) struggle, for those who don’t want to play a role where they just give in and eat everything.

2. Add events. For a positive player, have an event where there’s a chance the townspeople in the burger joint start offering you food. If you deny, you might lose good PR, but if you accept, you’ll pack on a few. For a negative player, have events where people might force you to eat food, or have the receptionist give you a luxurious breakfast once you awake the next day. These might also add more life to the town.

Either way, this is a cool game, and I am happy it’s one I can play (ooh yeah online games). I hope in future updates this little town gets a little more fleshed out and far more epic with time.

4 Likes