Yamhead's untitled Stealth Game [Abandoned]

I have updated the game so it shouldn’t crash when pushing vending machines

new update, now the clock to skip time is in. it looks a bit strange, it’s supposed to be a flip clock. it doesn’t tell the time yet only how much time you will skip. I also removed the dev key that skips time forward

2 Likes

new update, now there is different food types stolen inspired by @Silent_Songs earlier post.

yellow food gives 2x points, makes the build time for the belch-o-meter twice as long, and build strength is lowered by 53% (so total number of belches will be 3% less)

red foods give 4x points and makes the build strength 2x as fast
these two effects stack (the order eaten doesn’t change anything) and get removed when the build time is over

blue foods give 2x points and lowers belch build time by 10% and 3000 units (same as it takes to fill the bar). eating to much blue to fast stuns you for a while (there is no animation yet)

there is also doors now. they make it a bit easier to hide and also marks the sizes of the doorways

the games level is almost feature complete now (unless I or someone else comes up with something I want in the levels). just code locks on doors (originally they were supposed to be one way doors) and breakable floor are left as level elements. then I will make some menus and then some actually balanced levels.

2 Likes

Just noticed this was a thing and I’m pretty impressed by it, It’s got a lot of potential. This is the only WG game I can think of that actually uses 3D models rather than sprites, and I like it quite a lot because the gain itself is very nice. Love the progression of going from thin to a barely-mobile lump or flab and rolls. One question I do have, though: Is there supposed to not be any sound? I’m not surprised if it’s the case that any haven’t been added yet, but I’m just wondering if it’s a bug on my end. No point in having a game where belching is a mechanic if you can’t hear it, after all. Other than that, I don’t really have any more to say other than “good stuff”, and that I’m looking forward to future additions.

there is no sound yet. I want to keep the game as bare minimum when it comes to assets until later because I want to avoid wasting time on something that might get changed later on.

so I procrastinated a lot this week so I haven’t got much done unfortunately.
hopefully the survey I’ve been working on instead of the game gets some good data so I won’t feel like I did a poor choice

Fantastic work on the model and animations, though I wish there was a way to see the model a bit more clearly up close. Maybe something like an inspect feature that lets you look from different angles?

1 Like

I actually had an idea similar to this, except instead of being a thing you can do manually, you get a closer view of yourself if you beat the game. Just something simple like a rotating 360 view of yourself seems like a good way to show off how fat you managed to get.

I don’t know if Yam wants to try reflections but you could put in a mirror in a bathroom or something.

just use the same camera angle for the food mini game.

I’ve had the idea of when you beat a level it would show your gain in the result screen. like having all the food you collected get feed to him or something like that. when I originally had this game idea for the game jam last year I was thinking that you would get to jiggle or slap parts of the body at the result screen. if I do something like that I would probably tie it to overall game completion though.

I also plan on having unlockable “cheats” that change stuff just for fun and one would be to play with a 3rd person camera

1 Like

would there be more then one level and each level has a diffrent amount of food? like some basic short starting level with little weight gain. to some long level with lots or short level but filled with the very filling foods?

my plan is to sell it when it is done so there will be more levels. not sure how many though. there will be a different amount of food to the levels, the first tutorial I plan on making just have enough to make you too big for the smallest door for example

I have now made the basic menus, it required some restructure of some stuff so there might be some bugs with things that used to work. there is now a proper start screen and a level select thing (the only functional level is the one in the top left). it’s basically how I would like it to look in the future except with proper assets

I also updated the test level to have a code locked door and a breakable floor. the locked doors can be opened by NPCs so you can sneak past them. I also changed it so that if you are on the scooter you will raise the alarm if you are seen. it would be to easy to lure a guard to a door you want open otherwise.

I have also updated how alarms being raised works a bit. now after every time the alarm is raised the last seen time is raised by .5 seconds (it makes the guards seem to be smarter when looking for you). the start amount of guards have been lowered to 2 per floor.

now to make a small level so I can try to balance everything

links are updated

2 Likes

You forgot to put the .pck file in the zip

whoops, try it now
aaa

Gosh this game is starting to come together very nicely ^^. I was wondering if you were still considering putting in the option to play as a female character for this as well.

yes I will just not right now. I want to prioritize the gameplay first

I understand, making a 3D stealth game like this will indeed take a good amount of effort to make sure it comes out right. Now while im here i might as well point out some bugs that i have come across when i was playing portions of the game. In the Level Select Screen i ended up falling through the floor on accident when i ran to far up and to the left past the first level. The ground looked to be solid but somehow that was not the case. And once i fell down there i wasnt able to get back up to any of the levels to fix it and had to close out of the game to do so. Also i dont know if there is a way to get back to the main menu or not from the level select but i think that would be an important thing to add eventually if you have not considered that yet.

I hope that some of this was helpful and i cant wait to see where this game will go in the future ^^.

Unfortunate as it may be, I’m unable to play some of the latest updates due to a memory issue on my end of things. Though, whether or not I can play it, I’ll be cheering you on for this project’s success!

just a small bit of progress this week. Blender 2.8 came out and with it a bunch of changes that means I needed to redo my key bindings and settings to get a good workflow again (which is surprisingly frustrating). so most of the week was spent procrastinating instead. I did finish the model for one level though, so this week I don’t have any excuses.