3rd Annual Gain Jam Starts!

I am happy to announce that our 3rd Annual Gain Jam is now open! And this years theme is

DRUM ROLL

WEIGHTY SYSTEMS! Many games tend to use weight gain or other fetishes as more or less window dressing that do not add much to the game itself. So this year it was deiced that your game must have the fetish element be used as meaningful mechanic in your game! This means that the fetish elements can not be simple set dressing and instead must have some tangible interaction with your games characters, world, and/or systems!

We are very interested to see how everyone can handle this theme since this is the first mechanics based one we have done thus far! We know how creative this community is though and really look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

The Gain Jam 8/2020 section is now open! I do want to remind you though, while we encourage posting early we do discourage making placeholder posts till you have something ready to put up.

Also, if you post your work on twitter tag it with #GainJam so we can see all the awesome stuff everyone is doing!

With that I wish everyone the best of luck this year! I know we are all excited to see what you all come up with!

EDIT
Keep in mind you can use any fetish you want. It does not have to be weight gain if you do not want to do weight gain.

And as usual, if you like what we do and wish to support us check out our Patreon!

20 Likes

Best theme so far, imo.

3 Likes

To clarify some possible confusion around the theme this year, the goal is to push the participants to think about clever ways to integrate the fetish into the mechanics and/or systems of the game.

A good rule of thumb is if your fetish mechanic was removed would it change the game much if at all? If the answer is no then you may need to rethink a bit about how the fetish is implemented into your game.

8 Likes

Interesting. I’m curious to see what we’ll get from this.

1 Like

Good luck, everyone! See you on the other side!

1 Like

As someone who’s a pretty big fan of “fetish mechanics” in a game, I’m certainly looking forward to seeing what kind of interesting ways people plan to use some of 'em!

Anyway, good luck to all the participants! I wish you all a hopefully smooth development period!

1 Like

Oh here we go! I can’t wait to see all the different games that come out of this!

1 Like

Looking forward to some awesome games. Good luck to everyone who enters :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This year “gain jam” is gong to be fun I can not wait to see what game people are going to make.

1 Like

slaughters a goat LET THE BLOOD SPORT BEGIN

2 Likes

Kind of a stupid question but were you accepting text games based on systems in Twine or Quest? I think there was a discussion about it but for the life of me I can’t find clarification.

1 Like

Yes, text based games are completely acceptable

1 Like