A Bellyful Life: A Stuffing Inflation Sandbox WG Visual Novel [v 0.4.0] (Major Update Dec 21st 2023)

Honestly can’t wait for the WG to be implemented, love me some thicker character models

3 Likes

Suits me! Don’t worry about it! Thanks for all you do.

With an anime art style, there really aren’t that many rules about “realism”, so it’s pretty much fair game, no complaints here.

I’ve seen that it’s better to not mention ETAs(I don’t think you did this time, but still), and just release and update when it’s ready, we’re a patient people, except when the devs set expectations and don’t meet them.

So just take your time, watch your health, and release updates when their ready.

4 Likes

Good advice. Some people get seriously pissed if you miss an ETA, no matter how valid the reason.

4 Likes

Eh, I’m more of one of those people that prefers devs to upload their updates more often, even if they’re barely playable and pretty buggy, or filled with placeholder art.
I’d massively prefer that to endless delays and that weird trend a lot of lewd devs have where they go on a break from their main project to make a quick RPG Maker minigame to unwind, then suddenly decide they don’t like that either and close their entire Patreon account, disappearing from the internet.
I mean, if a game is called a beta or an Early Access game, we the players have an understanding that the game is definitely not finished and definitely broken, there’s no reason to make sure every single little update is perfectly polished and bug free (only to have all that polish undone by the dev’s return to coding, that is), when it’s 10x faster to release things that aren’t all that pretty.
Pretty sure the hyper-fixation on “keeping things perfect” in a beta is half the reason a lot of devs get burnout, too.

FieryLion isn’t really falling into this trap yet, but I’m keeping my eye on the development and hoping things don’t turn out that way.

1 Like

“But the artist literally died in a car accident!”

I DON’T CARE, I GAVE HIM FIVE BUCKS AND I DEMAND SATISFACTION, HE NEEDS TO COME BACK TO LIFE RIGHT NOW

4 Likes

People are allowed to get angry about things, irrationally or not. (Uh, outside of WGaming’s ToS, I mean.)
As long as they’re not going out of their way to directly aim shit at the devs or start making death threats or something, it’s fine.
Anything’s better than the fanbase going dead silent when the dev of a game disappears, IMO.

I didn’t die, but I was seriously ill for a while. Most people totally understood this, but there are a few who don’t think that being hospitalised for almost three weeks and having to take things very easy afterwards is a good enough reason for a delay :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hi!
I have a question about the translation project:

Are there things missing to translate? I mean, I’ve translated all the things that are available to translate, but when I play the game, it seems that there are things that are not in the translation project. I hope that you understand what I mean, I don’t know how to explain sorry (english is not my mother tongue) :rofl: .

I am really glad that you didn’t die! You have born your suffering with no complaints (no online ones anyway!) and it is great that you are recovering slowly. I am looking forward to the update of your amazing game, but would rather you recover your health first. Best wishes.

1 Like

Certainly, I will update the translation project page when I come across untranslated elements. However, if its only a single word or short phrase then I might use google translate instead.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for your answer ^.^

Hi! Started the game yesterday and honestly having a blast! I can see what people say when they mention it “feels too slow”, but I honestly think the pacing is really nice! I’m definitely looking forward to more updates in the future and I’ll keep a close eye on this project. If I’m being honest, my first playthrough is just using the Experiment Streaming version to get essentially infinite money. Should probably actually play the game how it’s meant to be played, but it’s a bit hard since the work gets in the way of a lot of events. But yeah, I’m definitely looking forward to how you implement the Streaming part and hoping the income will be turned down for… obvious reasons. Personally, I’m hoping for a system where you have a likeability meter for the audience. As you inflate it increases quickly and once you stop it slowly begins to go down. That way it’s phase after phase of keeping their attention instead of “Inflating? Money. Not inflating? No money”. I just think it’s a nice hobby of the player. They could get by without ever touching it, but seeing their viewers increase as the weeks go by and the story progresses would be very fun!
I say all this with the knowledge that there’s already so much on your plate it would make even Bobbie blush. Focus on bugs and progressing the story first and foremost. No matter where the game goes, I’m very much looking to seeing how it progresses and where its destination lies!

2 Likes

What will the sex based items be? I asked twice on itch.io but you didn’t respond.

He’s super busy, if you’d like to actually see what he’s up to you can always join his discord (Fiery Lion's Burning Lair)

2 Likes

Hi,. I just wanted to say that you wrote 20-30 minutes of gameplay but i easily spent 4-5 hours playing this and im not planning to stop, so i cant imagine what is going to happen if you finish this awesome game. I really hope you are fine and continue working on it.
To be honest your game gave me courage to register to this site becouse i wanted to tell you this.
Keep up the good work!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I feel like not much has happened since June 12th in terms of working on a new update, but I am interested for any upcoming features or sneak peaks for what might be coming in the next update. So far it looks pretty good and the art style is pretty pleasing to look at so I can’t wait for any future updates.

2 Likes

They might be juggling multiple projects still? I’m not sure.

1 Like

You can play the test version in my discord, I added 3 different languages, a new beach resort location, new characters, and a battery powered mini pump that works in real time and you can give it to others too.

its a large content update + multiple languages so there are so many bugs and mistranslated text that I’m still fixing gradually, hence no official major release.

5 Likes