A Coral Island preg mod that came to me in a dream: How feasible is it? (No, really, I'm being serious.)

Yes, dear reader, you have read the title correctly: I am here to tell you about a mod that came to me in a dream, like I’m some sort of 18th century poet. It sounds silly, and I’m still note entirely sure if I should even be posting this, but I figured I may as well put it out here and see what happens.

Firstly, a bit of context for those of you who do not know what “Coral Island” is: It’s basically like Stardew Valley but in 3D and made in Unreal. Other than that, it’s basically the same concept: A farming sim in the style of Harvest moon and a storyline where you have to decide between using the town’s inherent ties to some magical hunkfunkery to save it or to aid the corporate overlords instead. It’s still pretty new, having come out like a month ago though.

Secondly, this mod would center around pregnancy, yes. It’s a bit of a fringe interest on the site, but again, I figured I’d throw it out here and see what people think about feasibility.

With that out of the way, I won’t give any specifics since I’m moreso trying to see if anyone here is interested in looking into this game, since I believe it has some potential not just for preg, but maybe also some fat stuff down the line.

Here are a few things I pondered regarding this potential mod:

1. Adding new NPCs or at least events - the mod would be tied to a new NPC or perhaps just a sort of merchant event, depening on what would be easier. There are stores in the game that are not run by any visible NPC, so there may be a possibility there with just making the shop event be a model instead of having to add an actual NPC into the game.

2. Adding a new weapon/tool that would detect hits on Town NPCs - This would be for the tool that would actually cause the fetish stuff to happen in this hypothetical mod. There are already tools in the game, so perhaps something could be built off of that. The real thing I am wondering is if it would be possible to have only certain NPCs be affected by the tool, if that’s even possible.

3. Special state of NPC + model and portrait changes - The real big part of the issue. Interestingly, there is already a fully-functioning system that changes the NPCs clothes (Both on the small 3D model and on the 2D portraits) based on things like their location and the time of year. There is even an outfit and expression viewer built-in already, so there is definitely something to build off of there I believe. The only question is if there would be some way to change the NPCs model a few times over the course of an in-game timeframe, maybe by replacing their normal schedules somehow.

4. Item-based shop - This one seems a bit random and, in truth, it doesn’t need to work for the mod as a whole to be made, it’s just part of the original idea that would be interesting to explore.

Originally I had a very long list that described the original idea, but I realized that, since the game is quite new and UE is not an engine that a lot of people know well here, it would probably sound like another one of those “Hey could someone make this mod that I want to have” posts, which is not what I want this to be.
I am not a programmer and I am reaching out to see if these basic parts of the idea are even feasible and, if they happen to be feasible, if anyone would be interested in actually working on this.
I used to work on Stardew mods and this game really brought that passion back in a new way. I think it has promise, especially since it’s made in an engine that actually has a fair bit of documentation. The things that are already there, like the in-built model and portrait swapper are, I feel, also something that could be used to great effect.

Once again, I do not want to impose anything on anyone. This is more of a “Do you think this could be done?” post made by someone who really just doesn’t know how feasible this idea is. Maybe I’m seeing potential where there is none or maybe there really is something here.
I welcome any opinions, feedback and ideas and thank you for reading my post.

4 Likes