A Dark, cute, WG Metroidvainia.

So, I have an Idea to make a Retro styled WG Game with Metroid Elements…But I don’t know how to code, only make Sprites. If anyone could help me out, I’d appreciate it.

3 Likes

that’s pretty interesting, I guess Meatroid is either taken or too obvious for the name?

I was thinking of a unqine world and universe. XP

I figured, I’m just a sucker for punny names

You gotta explain more than just that! What is it that you actually want to make here?

What I wanna make is a Retro styled Metroidvania Game that makes the player gain weight with each upgrade, becoming more and more powerful.

Have you considered making a mod for an existing metroid game so you wouldn’t have to completely code a game yourself?

Maybe you could make a mod for this: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/am2r/metroid-confrontation-v2-5-released-t363.html
I haven’t played it myself but it seems you can make mods for it. The only thing you need to do then is to find out how to make the character take up more screen space and make sprites instead of making a whole new engine.

Do you have a little more for us besides a genre? Perhaps an interesting mechanic, some setting…? What makes it both “dark” AND “cute?”

Sorry…Not what I had in mind

That’s an early version of AM2R, And I want the character to gradually get fatter

I’m sorry, I don’t. I only know that it’ll be an original game, the character will gradually get fatter with upgrades, and the characters will look adorable.

Lemme add that this will be in the visual style of a SNES game in widescreen at 1080p with up scaled sprites. Each Tile (8x8) will have 15 colors. Character designs must be cute, while monster designs must be both cute and creepy/terrifying. By cute and dark, I mean the game looks adorable, but also has dark themes and creepy settings.

1 Like

Lemme also note that I would love for any suggestions for any sprite base I should use…as I’m not good with making sprites from scratch.

Not to be a downer, but it’s gonna be pretty hard to make a game if you’re not going to be doing any coding or make sprites from scratch.

I agree…It’s going to be very hard

Hi there, I think I could help you, I have some experience with programming, creating characters and narratives. Actually, most of the process of everything, except for sound and music design.
I do have to admit that I’m not the most talented on any of those areas I just mentioned, but I believe I could be helpful to you if you actually want to give life to this project.

Message. Me. Immediately.

Everyone! I want you all to welcome @Spike20050 to the team! He is responsible for the current design of the protagonist and the save point character!

1 Like

Welcome to the team Spike20050 (even thought I’m not on the team)