A junky journey

I created a game I would like to share.

Short Form tutorial:
arrow keys - Punch into direction
W A S D - Walk
Tab - Fullscreen
R - Resets the game and lets you start from the beginning.

Download Link (v0.1.0): DELETED
Download Link (v0.1.1): DELETED
Download Link (v0.2.0): DELETED

Long Form Tutorial
Lena somehow landed in a weird land with lots of fatty food monsters. Avoid being hit!
Collect the star to level up and get to the next level.

Currently there are 4 Beta Levels. I will create more levels/edit these when I found an artist for this game.

NOTICE: I am searching for artists. I do not own these images - these images belong to their rightful owners.
Support/Feedback/Bug reports appreciated :smiley:

CREDITS
Art by @lindormdark
Game concept by me and the weightgaming community

10 Likes

yea i seen the sprite owner you got a good game going here

a suggestion would be to add a restart button

Restart button won’t be an issue. Will be added when I upload the next version!

1 Like

im a test run it
and see what bugs i can find

Did this happen after finishing the 4th level?

yes
it did
happen after it

looking good waiting for the update

1 Like

I really like the concept of this game! There’s certainly a ton (pun?) of potential here! I would love to see this game improved. Think in the future we’ll be able to see her get even bigger maybe? Regardless if we do or don’t, it’s certainly a great concept!

ddkaner-f41cf1d5-16dd-465c-bd2e-acc234862086

ddkufkx-832ba0a5-d762-4cbb-a118-6aeb4323a26f

if i may add this is from deviantart so in theory we need to find the creator of that sprite
you also used the gif frames and used that as the sprite

8 Likes

It’s definitely a fine start, though far too short, lol. Eagerly awaiting more.

i recommend at least linking back to the creator of those sprites so we can give credit where credit is due.

1 Like

“Avoid”? Where’s the fun in that?

1 Like

I guess this time it is something different to the other games you know.

Yes, I will search for them. I would prefer having a designer creating the sprites specially for this game. Then I would be on the safe site.
I plan creating new levels when I have my own designs for this game. Meanwhile I will only create new stuff like: new monsters, items or a story maybe.

Could you add the link for the images, so I do not have to search for the image? That would be awesome :slight_smile:

CasualObsessive User Profile | DeviantArt this is the lad who made the gifs.

2 Likes

Some updates:
new link: Dropbox - File Deleted

1. Added ‘R’ (resets the game)
  2. Added Damage animation (so you can see which enemy you hit)
  3. Added a new monster
  4. Fixed a bug, which could make the character get stuck in trees/the border when gaining weight
  5. Fixed a bug, which pretended the player from moving when moving into 2 directions at the same time, one direction into a tree/the border.
  6. Removed the star in the 4th level, which made the game crash.
  • Edited in the original post

Added a PayPal E-Mail in the original post (PayPal.Me) for collecting donations. Donations will be effectively used to purchase art for the game.

So, something to note: you can go off screen, which makes getting around some enemies trivial. Likewise, some enemies are posted offscreen, so you can’t defeat them without going offscreen yourself.

ok so i have the link from the place where i found it