A poll about a potential patreon

Once i put out this next big update i was thinking about putting up a patreon as a tip jar. I’m not in any dire need of money or anything but something extra a month would certainly help ease some strain.

If i did it i would not lock the mod behind the patreon pay wall. I don’t pay walling my mod would help the community I’ve tried to help build here.

What are your thoughts?

I would happily pitch in.

I certainly appreciate it! In any situation i wouldn’t start one till after i put out the next update, because that’s when i feel that enough new content has been put into the mod to warrant putting out a “tip jar”

I fall into the category of ‘would tip if I had money to tip with’.

Best wishes!

Eh, I’m torn. You’ve done some interesting stuff, but I feel like the engine it’s being built on is so bloated and over-complex that more could be achieved elsewhere. I don’t think the fetishmaster system of rna and dna will ever stop making my eyes bleed. xD

[quote=“firesoul10, post:4, topic:1021”]I fall into the category of ‘would tip if I had money to tip with’.

Best wishes![/quote]
I also accept the blood of the innocent

If the original creator of the engine is okay with taking money for a spring board off of his work, then I have a dollar bill for you.

I have no idea of his opinion =P

If you take time to click “License” on start dialog of game, you can see that used license for game is: " Game license is Creative Common (CC BY-NC 3.0) Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC 3.0 ". It’s to be mostly safe of using pictures that can be downloaded form random public avaliable sources, (but not public personal author sites without asking first, or if they use permissive license in first place).

In short - we can’t get any form of compensation for the content created under this license if we can’t compensate to authors of these pictures (taken as part of our content) first. Mod’s is a part of the game and they should follow license terms.

Such public sources for pictures is “grey zone”, but safe enough if you ready to remove or change images at request of original author. So how it is. I don’t personaly have anything about your patreon, but it can cause for you some problems in future (with very minor chance I think, but possibility is still here).

[quote=“h.coder, post:9, topic:1021”]If you take time to click “License” on start dialog of game, you can see that used license for game is: " Game license is Creative Common (CC BY-NC 3.0) Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC 3.0 ". It’s to be mostly safe of using pictures that can be downloaded form random public avaliable sources, (but not public personal author sites without asking first, or if they use permissive license in first place).

In short - we can’t get any form of compensation for the content created under this license if we can’t compensate to authors of these pictures (taken as part of our content) first. Mod’s is a part of the game and they should follow license terms.

Such public sources for pictures is “grey zone”, but safe enough if you ready to remove or change images at request of original author. So how it is. I don’t personaly have anything about your patreon, but it can cause for you some problems in future (with very minor chance I think, but possibility is still here).[/quote]
Thanks for the input. All the images i use in my mod are self made so that wont be a worry