A Request, About making Child Boards/Threads

Preface:

I’ve noticed that Lantern’s forum lacks organization. This isn’t terrible by any means, but it does mean that it’s slightly harder to find information about one specific aspect of Lantern, or it’s development. Basically, I would like for communications between the us (the players), and those developing the game (mods, AL, etc) to be improved and made easier to maintain. I know this is going to feel like a laundry list, but all of the ideas I’m proposing are centered around adding more Child Threads to better organize the forum.

Suggestions:

A Thread for Game Changes and Updates

• Having a thread specifically for Game Updates and Patches would help directly track features that are implemented, keep users informed, and could also serve as a timeline for when features were implemented into Lantern. I’m suggesting this because the only real form of ‘patch notes’ Lantern has at the moment is word of mouth, and the occasional progress update by AL.

A Thread Dedicated to Documenting in Game Bugs and Errors

• No game is perfect, and even in this early state of development, there are bugs and errors in Lantern. Having a thread to centralize these bug reports would help with keeping track of Lantern’s current issues from a programming or implementation standpoint, and would ease the pressure of finding errors from those developing Lantern’s code.

A Thread for Developer Announcements and Feedback

• This suggestion purely to keep updates by developers from clogging the ‘general discussion’ Child Thread, and somewhere where they are easy to access and reply to.

Closing:

I’m not demanding that anything I’m proposing should be implemented, and I hope this request post doesn’t come off as aggressive. I just feel that there is room to improve Lantern’s Forum plus not having categories is making my OCD go off.

To be sure, I’m the only one that can reorganize the boards and make them as per the developer’s requests. If the developer agrees with your propositions, I can definitely carry out these changes.

Apologies. I had thought that those given moderation privileges on a board could also create Child Boards on it, hence why I was asking here.

Apologies. I had thought that those given moderation privileges on a board could also create Child Boards on it, hence why I was asking here.[/quote]

No problem, just pointing it out. As I said, I will make the changes if the developers agrees with them.