About Gaining Perspective

Hi, I have a question about the secret, since I cannot for the life of me make it happen for me.
Spoiler for the secret part ahead.

Am I supposed to buy the cookies 3 AND ONLY 3 times and ONLY within the specified time frame?
I am asking because I cannot seem to be able to make the ā€œbig spender down thereā€ event appear at all.
What I am getting is this orange ā€œanother lifetimeā€ text, which is, I suppose, a warning that this best ending will not fire.

I would be very grateful for any answer!

Youā€™re correct that seeing the ā€˜another lifetimeā€™ text signals that the window of opportunity to invite Donna inside has passed, and youā€™re committed the ā€˜worstā€™ ending.

The way it should work is:

• Between immobility and 1500lbs, buy cookies three separate times
  • When taking delivery of the first and second orders, ask Donna leave them at the door
  • When taking the third (or higher) delivery, she should ask about her ā€œbig spender down thereā€. Thatā€™s when you invite her inside.

Some things to keep in mind:

• While the game is heavily incentivized to throw cookie-ordering opportunities at you during this period, the player could still get too heavy before the criteria is met. Especially if they pass up any opportunities to place new cookie orders.
  • If you invite Donna inside before the third delivery, the counter resets, and three more deliveries would be required. This will quite likely force a new attempt.
  • The event can be satisfied on deliveries beyond the third, if you havenā€™t already gotten too heavy.
1 Like

Sorry for a late reply and thank you for your comprehensive answer! <3
I think I managed to achieve most of the endings by now.
Thank you for creating this game! It was quite a unique experience and I am happy to have happened upon it here! ^u^

2 Likes

Pardon the necropost, but i hope you get the opportunity to make another game in the future.

1 Like

Appreciate the interest!
I wonā€™t say itā€™s never happening, but it was pretty unique mindset and push that made the first game possible. Both in subject matter, and programming.
But who knows? Maybe someday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so, sometimes when I try to load the game, the page gets stuck in a loop of loading and never displaying. do you know why?

Hmm. I havenā€™t heard of or encountered this before.
Iā€™d try saving the HTML file to load locally. Maybe try a different web browser.
I could also see this being an unusual interaction with a plugin or AV program, but thatā€™s only me grasping at straws.

yeah, im getting the same error this guy is now. when i click the link to the build, the game doesnā€™t open at all!

came to replay it for like, the fifth year in a row, and i cant! very sad!

(and while im here, god, what an incredible game this is. If you ever consider doing anything like this again, im a writer and an artist myself, ill be more than happy to help!)

i dunno if this image sends, but this is also what the website shows. is it down?

Sorry for the late reply! The server should be up again.
If there is a separate issue issue with it getting stuck in a loop, I havenā€™t been able to reproduce this yet.