Adventure Chef

A short project I made to practice some spriting and concepts.

Play as a chef for hiring who’s been tasked to feed a group of adventurers as much as you see fit in Adventure Chef.

Mega mirror

56 Likes

This is cool. It reminds me of a game from a while back where a chef traveled with a group of three adventurers to the demon king’s castle where you are tasked to go out and gather food for them.

Haven’t gotten through all of this game yet though, but I’ll add some comments once I do finish, eventually.

6 Likes

Now this is a game with potential! Just playing it was enjoyable, I hope you continue to work on it.

1 Like

Just finished the game. I found it really enjoyable even though it could get a bit repetitive at times. Overall good game.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it, though I did encounter a problem.
After cooking, each of the adventurers will move to a specific side of the table. However, depending on their positions, some adventurers will get into place earlier than others. The ones that aren’t in position will sometimes get stuck on those that are, or even yourself (though this specifically only happened in the first stage, where the campfire is close enough to the table that you might position yourself in such a way to block the adventurer).

An easy fix would be to make it so that the adventurers don’t move at all, and stay at the table (thought that’d be boring).
Another would be to fade to black after you’re done cooking, and have all the adventurers already be at the table (via teleportation).

Otherwise, excellent game. Would love to see more of it.

3 Likes

As has been said, this is a cute little thing. My one issue is the complete absence of arrow key controls, which just usually work in RPG Maker. I can adjust to this kind of thing, so it’s not normally an issue, but your button prompts for the cooking minigame… Are the arrows? What.

4 Likes

my only problem with this game is I wish there was more of it this was awesome great work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a great concept and I’d love to play more, but I’m really struggling with the controls. WASD and Q feel really awkward for trying to move and attack at the same time, plus with Z and X being disabled for opening the menu it’s a bit awkward to have to use the mouse to open it. I’d really recommend allowing the player to switch to the default RPG maker control scheme in the options.

I might be the only one complaining about this, but I thought it might be worth bringing up just in case as this is really the only problem I’ve personally found with the game, I’m loving everything else!

5 Likes

so i tried it i like it the controls part needs a bit of work but it still works a bit hard to play as a full lefty on the keyboard part

1 Like

I hear you, I’ll fix the controls.

2 Likes

Yeah I can agree with that

1 Like

Love it!
Although as said above, having the option to use the arrows or WASD would be great.

Makes it easier to hack and slash as well if I can have one hand one each function.

2 Likes

What a neat and unique little game. The WASD wasn’t that hard to get used to for me.

It would be nice if the items had some (pardon the pun) flavour text to them. It’d add a little more life to the game.

5 Likes

Currently playing this, and enjoying it a lot.

As far as controls, I’d find them plenty easy enough if the attack key was just E, instead of Q. It’s harder trying to control when I have to hit it with a less manually-dexterous and dominant finger, as opposed to the index finger.

I do have to ask…when you’re told ‘I’m huge, and I’m pretty sure I couldn’t get any bigger’…is that a hint from you, or a challenge from them? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is great. The custom sprites are pretty solid and i appreciate the fact that its straight to to the point.

5 Likes

Good job. I like your game.

3 Likes

I’m just here to add to the round of applause. This was a fun time.

2 Likes

Yeah this was pretty great game all round. Excellent work!

The little cooking tune is gonna be stuck in my head for a while ^^

6 Likes

Really cool game i hope you continue it. Great job!

3 Likes

It’s a hint haha that’s the limit.

2 Likes