An Incremental Sushi Game

Very interesting game, I really loved it! It unfortunately crashed when fighting the Holy Mackerel boss (I guess maybe because I ran out of time?) I will definitely be tracking this game after the gain jam to watch its progress since clicker games have always been a little something I’ve been into!

No saves for now, but the version currently hosted on itch seems completely stable, I’ve fought the holy mackerel and met the mermaid multiple times without crash, there’s also a download on same page, the one that isn’t labeled jam version

This version:

• fixes boss crashing and loops
  • adds back shrimps to encounter list
  • sits the girls a but higher so you can see more ( mostly legs cut off)

If the browser version is a mess for any reason (lags for me personally) i reccomend the download version

2 Likes

I applaud your ambition! The amount of art that had to go into this on top of everything else is pretty damn impressive. I am entranced by the aesthetics and mood of this game. All of the clicking pretty much destroyed my finger and wrist, but I am absolutely here for catching fish and running a sushi shop where cute girls get stuffed to the gills. Some really nice surprises thrown in there too. I never managed to beat the big fish, and it seemed to really impede my overall progress since I basically gave up after a few attempts of really pushing my clicking speed. My wishlist for this game would be to include a way to release a big fish that you don’t have a chance of reeling in, and to somehow improve the power of your individual non-automated clicks more dramatically. Since the click per second upgrade is basically free and constant, I’d really like a chance for my clicks to overpower that eventually, which would incentivize engaging with the process of catching fish. I’ll also throw in my vote for bigger bellies and dramatically growing guests. I do see that you intended to do that but ran out of time, which is understandable. Wonderful work!

3 Likes

Balancing the bosses is harder than i thought, if/when i pick it back up ill be sure to set things more in the players favor like awarding more damage per upgrade.

if you don’t mind replaying the most recent version i think he is beatable through auto-clicks though it takes a bit of progress and upgrading yourself + fisherman + galfisher

I’m slightly burnt out on the project but in like a week ill probably decide if i wanna complete it or shelf it for the time being

The newest release’s download is missing… Everything. You have a folder with the game files in it, but no executables or character data. Make sure you’re packing the whole thing when you do RPG Maker stuff!

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this game, and look forward to what you’ll do with it in the future :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

fixed it, accidentally zipped up wrong ver

you have delivered something i have been waiting for years. thank you

is there anyway to tell if the ocean or the kitchen is my main bottleneck? I can’t seem to see a stat anywhere for like fish that have been caught but aren’t processed yet.

edit: I think you should raise the girls a little bit more, so you can see things you bothered to draw that aren’t visible in game, like phone girl’s belt thingie coming off. (or testgirl’s 3rd button).

If you want the height to be more realistic you could always get rid of the bottom of the counter, they could just be at a table with legs or something instead of behind a solid wall?

edit4: tested with autohotkey, clicking at high levels still works, you just need to click 100 times instead of a couple for it to matter :slight_smile:

I wanted to but never got that far, the kitchen is the only bottleneck as far as progression i think, once the higher level fish come in it takes longer for a single butcher to process, so money climbs way faster after you upgrade both stations to max.

there’s a hidden queue right after you beat the fishes that stores them between ocean and kitchen as soon as a butcher is free the fish is pushed into open slot, currently by order of defeat but maybe i should make it by value

Upgrades for the prep are supposed to include designing combo sushi which would end up using the meat faster
For butcher i was thinking a process speed upgrade, currently when fish hit the table you see them flashing, each flash is damage to an invisible hp value, when hit enough it yields either a cut or chum (based on another formula) mackerel takes like 9-12 hits to get everything while the later ones like the squid and mackerel can take up to 80, so something like a knife upgrade could allow butchers to break through more with each hit

1 Like

This is the exact style of game I’ve been hoping for, so I’m pretty thrilled. :smiley:

That said, any plans of making it so that upgrades to, like, gal fisher or divers will fatten them up as well (maybe once every ten levels or so).

Also, if i could make a suggestion, maybe give the option to skip the mermaid stuffing scenes after they pop up? It just kinda sucks to not have any food left and wasting all that time.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah these girl’s are SO CUTE!

2 Likes

I was actually considering the upgrades to female fishing staff to have the effect of plumping em up, will probably happen when working on it again, it was again just a time restraint thing, i leaned in too much on game play and only got the kink related assets in on the last 2 days

and yeah will consider adding a type of skip button for her

3 Likes

:smiley: :+1:
You da real MVP.

1 Like

Absolutely wonderful game, and I hope to see you expand (heh) on it from here!

2 Likes

…so i kinda have a dumb thought for you to consider. how about a sort of makeshift WG system for customers

essentially customers that come in will be ranked from 0 to X(max). rank 0 would esentially be a completely new customer, while a rank X would essentially be a loyal customer(and also really fucking fat). customer’s ranks would be limited to your own prestige, so at 0 you would get rank 0s, 1 you would see 0s and 1s, 2 you would see 0s, more 1s, and some 2s, and so on. additionally higher rank customer’s could possibly eat/pay more

Addition: how about some upgrades for the front of the eatery? Faster belts and condiments(make customers pay more) maybe?

3 Likes

there was a planned progression for customers, after hitting popularity milestones just like how levels would unlock boss fish which lead to more merfolk, the popularity milestones were supposed to lead to a boss customer coming in, a eating champ/competitive eater type who would eat tons, and the only way to defeat them would be to produce bigger sushi like the combo meals which weren’t implemented or the boss cuts like holy mackerel’s sushi.

wasn’t planning on adding any actual weight gain to customers (outside of how they may already look) only the mermaids would serve that purpose

4 Likes

Just played the game up and through Level 6.

Overall, I really like it. The artstyle is super cute and overall it’s a pretty simple procedure for getting things done! That being said, I do have a couple inquires and comments. The first being that for the browsers version, it gets cut off. I can’t see what the upgrades do in full. Also, I see a lot of comments about a mermaid… but I didn’t see one in my version. The gameplay itself is just like most clicker games. Though the bottleneck here is that the pacing gets abysmally slow. Normal clicker games have a sort of up and down patter where it’s: Grind, Auto and think, Grind, Auto and think, etc. Though with this, it starts off decent and then just slooooooooows down until you’re just clicking endlessly. If you could add more upgrades (even if they’re not necessarily upgrades added to the scene) that would be great.

Final Note: Obviously there’s a lot to look at already in terms of updating the game. But one thing that myself, and I think many other people, would very much like is a sense of weight gain for the customers. Which in itself is crazy to ask. Because the workload suddenly turns from a total of 15 characters (5 characters, 3 phases of stuffed) to a total of 60 characters (assuming 4 phases of weight gain). I imagine such a system would be based on popularity, but also… it would be ridiculous to expect that much effort for an incremental game. Regardless, I love love love the artstyle and I hope you get the urge to add some more fun stuff to the game!

1 Like

This game is GREAT, I absolutely love it!

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 500
Use of Theme: 500
Art: 72
Writing: 0
Music & Sound: 64
Mechanics: 72
Game Concept 72
Use of Fetish 72
Judge Preference: 51