an old board game, made in-house.

Good time, readers of this post, if someone is interested in playing Board games of light manufacture, or just have nothing to do, maybe my game will interest you.

For my game you will need, 1) a dice (and the ability to count up to 6-12), 2) paper in a cage (for creating maps and rooms), 3) scissors and glue, 4) pencils (you will definitely need red, blue, green, yellow and normal (black) for the crystal (will be further)) 5) player chips.

To get started, you need to make rooms, rectangular boxes with an open top, and maps, but let’s start with the rooms.

1. To begin with, we will make a small room 2:2, the space around the field will be the walls of the room.

2. make sure that the player’s cell fits the game cell.

3. Next, cut out the blank, write the number on one of the cells (this is a point, stopping at the numbered cells, players will take cards (in your first room it will be the number 1)), cut out the walls of the handle, as in the photo.

4. we fix the walls with handles and glue, and squeeze the round sections a little. The room is ready. If you wish, you can decorate it.

create several more rooms of different sizes (note that in large (3:3 with 2 points) and huge (4:4 with 3 points), players cannot be born if the number of players does not match the number of points)

Now you need to make maps (I usually make 8 maps at a time, calling it a generation)

shirt Map, here you can experiment and show your imagination, draw something simple and beautiful (subjective).

(from left to right and from top to bottom) card name (can be underlined to assign a trick), crystal (has a maximum of 3 colors for checking, red (attack), blue (defense), green (actions), yellow (trick or cards) and black (curses)), card picture and card effects.

there are almost no restrictions in creating cards, you can create anything, but the crystal must reflect effects (for example, a knife, +1 to attack and everything, so the Crystal will be completely red), but the main thing is that - or + should not be more than 3.

What are the benefits of the game?
A. flexibility - the basis can be taken as your favorite universe and your own imagination, your “room” can be a unique.
B. chance in battles - limited up to 6 points will give small chance of survival against a strong opponent.
C. creativity - the game can not be bought, you have yourself (or with friends) play it, using improvised means, in the course of adapting for themselves.
G. Creating your own mechanics - this can be associated with both maps (the name is underlined, so it does something), and without them, in any case, you need to write somewhere what exactly the 1st or 2nd option does.
D. unlimited number of players - if there are 20 people who like to play board games, then it only costs to make the same number of rooms and cards.

Further, if enough people rate my game, then I will update the post with instructions on how to play at all (because I was plagued by doubts about the interest in my game, if no one is not interested in it, then in general there is no point in wasting your time on this).

1 Like

It’s tricky to describe this as a boardgame as from what I can see there is no cohesive game to speak of ie, who or what are the players in the game, and what are they doing in order to win the game.

It reads almost more like a format of sorts for a dungeon-drawler but other than an assemblage of concepts regarding rooms, points, actions and stats there is no clear picture to work with I am sorry to say.

It might be worth stepping back and asking some fundamental questions:

Who are the players in the game?
What are the players trying to do to win?
What can a player do on their turn ie, the actions available?
How will the player interact with the game in order to complete an action or turn?

Start slowly with a bare-bones requirements in order to win (“you travel through the dungeon to collect points and win”) and establish each factor before embellishing it further (“players can initiate combat with other players for points”). Continue this process, documenting each step and you’ll eventually have a serviceable design spec to hand.

1 Like