An rpg that I'm thinking of

So after a while I started to want to take a shot at making a weight gain rpg I don’t want to have too much promise because I have school and such but it’s something I want to do, I’ve made some notes on how I want the game to go.
If anyone finds it interesting let me know I would like some feedback, tips and request that anyone would want to give.

Bare with me it’s a bit all over the place…

Rpg Game notes

Rpg style like: paper Mario in free movement

Combat: darkest dungeon like with fire emblem weapon like system and relationship system like fire emblem.

Exploration team of four can break apart in any combination: there are some walls and doors can only be opened by a specific characters skill

Archer disarmed mechanical doors

Cleric holy doors can be opened

Warriors heavy doors operable

Make dispel magic locks

Game encourages team to separate

Blacksmiths can upgrade and repair broken weapons

Weapons also have a favoritism stat wee the more it’s use the more crits and easier hits.

Armor can’t be repaired it breaks it breaks

Encounters are random

Social systems

The team will after a certain point will soon get along the more they fight together.

When the number gets high enough they will ask if they would like to get the group and the main character something in town(weapons, food, supplies, ect.)

Love might spark but don’t know how far to go

Abilities

Weight will give a defense buff and at a point will repel attacks/ but if get too much to fast then other stats will get debuffed

1-10: 150 max
11-27: 230 max
33-44: 342 max
70-81: 480 max
87-99: 592 max
100: 700 max

Guild

Allows side quests that can be missed to be easier to find but if player finds it on their own the quest will be taken off the guild board.

Characters

Main: dark elf Archer/ Wg skills best scale with butt Wg food

Warrior: red head barbarian with heart birth mark on right eye hides it with eye patch( Story: queen that got dethroned when the meaning of fitness got reversed stays with main to get stronger.)/ Wg skills best scale with Tummy WG food

Mage: brunet high elf with a goth/witch esthetic(Story: mage drop out that whats to see the world before parents get her)/ Wg skills best scale with tit WG food

Cleric: black haired human still believes in the old gods(Story: a cleric that wants to restore balance in to the world and reverse the effect that the new order has on the world)/ Wg skills scale ok with every thing best to have it all.

Weight
It works like a manna buff/skill check point. It boosts stats when reached the required level and allows more useful skills to have extra effects

Higher weight=
Defense ++
manna+++
Gives some attacks extra effects(at the cost of the amount of weight that it eats up)

If character reaches a weight that’s too much then the party needs to push them(Movement is slower, character attack is way weaker, accuracy is down, and can’t use the extra effects to lose the weight) [only
Way to get rid of it is to camp or get to the inn and sleep it off]

Stuffed

Getting stuffed is a mother stat element that can effect the party.

Before the weight gets added the characters will be in a stuffed state

Wile stuffed the characters attacking or getting attacked will have added damage to them

But it can cause bonus effects to the fights as well

0 Full:

Damage from attacking: 0
Damage getting attacked: 0
Extra health: +5%
Extra crits: +2%

1 Bloated

Damage from attacking: +3%
Damage getting attacked: +3%
Extra health: +10%
Extra crits: +4%

2 Stuffed

Damage from attacking: +7%
Extra Damage getting attacked: +7%
Extra health: +15%
Extra crits: +6%

3 Over stuffed

Damage from attacking: +15%
Extra Damage getting attacked: +15%
Extra health: +20%
Extra crits: +8%

4 Glutted

Damage from attacking: +31%
Extra Damage getting attacked: +31%
Extra health: +25%
Extra crits: +10%

5 Engorge

Damage from attacking: +65%
Damage getting attacked: +65%
Extra health: +30%
Extra crits: +20%

6 Over engorge

Damage from attacking: +131%
Damage getting attacked: +131%
Extra health: +60%
Extra crits: +30%

7 About to explode

Damage from attacking: +200%
Damage getting attacked: +200^
Extra health: +120%
Extra crits: +60%

The more often this happens the more the character will love to do it but the harder for the Capacity tier to happen.

The love for stuffing increases by 2 points plus the level number tier.

Sounds promising. I hope that you will be able to make this

sounds interesting, one thing jumped out to me though: you might want to look at the stuffing tiers and effects, as the bonus health seems pointless if you’re taking more damage. if combat is going to be like most RPGs, you might want to do reduced speed/initiative in combat at higher levels rather than increased damage taken, or maybe reduced damage given but higher health/defense. it just seems pointless to have more health if you’re taking far more damage.

aside from that, I look forward to where this might go. good luck!

I’ll keep that in mind thanks

I like this idea… I’m looking forward to see where it goes ^^

If there is a hit/miss component, maybe reduce the chance to dodge but increase health overall. Balance it correctly and I think it’s even ideal, since then fat and thin characters are mechanically different without one being definitively better than the other.