Any ideas for fat/weight gain-related superpowers?

Any ideas for fat-related or weight gain-themed superpowers?

2 Likes

Kryptonian, but instead of getting stronger from the Earthā€™s sun, they just grow fatter.

My idea is very original.

2 Likes

Probably regeneration that sometimes makes extra cell that become fat cells if not used.

2 Likes

I had planned to write up an idea in the One Punch Man universe a girl can vore her enemy or eat a lot of food to gain super strength, but the amount of strength is dependent on the amount eaten (See: belly size) and using her strength in different ways depletes her belly size.

4 Likes

Kinetic absorption that turns the energy of a blow directly into fat.

7 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Momo from My Hero Academia has this as her Quirk XD
if I remember correctly, her Quirk uses lipids as an energy source to create physical objects owo
As such, the tubbier she is, the more ā€œammoā€ she has for her Quirk owo

I wouldnā€™t recommend doing anything with Momo specifically since sheā€™s only 16, but I did want to bring up her Quirk anyways so if someone were to use this idea, they could use it for a character that, uh, wouldnā€™t be a teenager XD

3 Likes

One power idea Iā€™ve had is the ability to control gravity by enhancing and manipulating their own gravitational field. And naturally, the more mass they have, the stronger their powers are.

4 Likes

What about Fat Gum, he has high fat storage which allows him to absorb kinetic energy. Once he has accumulated enough can then let lose a high powered attack, though the drawback is he will lose weight quickly (which is his main defense, poor guy has to eat to keep his high defense constant or risk a potential fatal blow).

3 Likes

you could get powers based on what you have eaten, kind of like the episode Power Lunch from the Powerpuff Girls (Ganggreen Gang got powers based on the candy they ate). just have it so the effect doesnā€™t last long at all so you need to keep eating things

3 Likes

Seeing as how kinetic storage, creation, and regenaration are already mentioned, letā€™s throw in ā€˜storage spaceā€™. A hybrid between creation and kinetic storage, this power would absorb and expel objects whenever needed.

Another fun option is elastic mass, where fat cells in the body are elastic, and have high tensile strength.

Lastly, denser form, where body mass can be compressed into itself to make the physical form sturdier.

3 Likes

What about Nutrition manipulation?, can manipulate food to be much more or less nutritious not a decent power but would wide world applicable and a more subtle power to use if your planning to fatten up someone close or villains and enemies without them figuring out how

3 Likes

Funnily enough, I had JUST the idea for a food-stuffed/belly themed superhero.
Details about her can be found here:

3 Likes

Awesome. Any other characters
within your universe? I remember there was another person on DA who had a whole lineup of bbw superheroes, except they used photoshop instead of drawings. Canā€™t remember their username though unfortunately

Something for feeders, i suppose: turn yours or othersā€™ fat straight into food. Thereā€™s a big range, but the food created tends towards fatty, high calorie ones

3 Likes

Well their not BBW per-say, but many of them have pregnancy/belly themes.
I was considering on creative a ā€˜B.C.U.ā€™ [Belly Cinematic Universe] but Iā€™m not sure if many people would be interested in it, especially if itā€™s just random individual pics with short summaryā€™s of events, MAYBE a story once in a while.
But I DO have a full gallery worth of characters to fill such a universe!

1 Like

Honestly, I always liked Mrs. Valentineā€™s power from one piece. She has the power to make herself light enough to float or as heavy as a boulder. If you made it so that her actual appearance changed with how heavy she makes herself, it could be a fun fat themed super power.

2 Likes

Depends on what you want out of the super powers. Someone already said it, but something Iā€™ve always kind of done is play with regeneration. Not that the regen turns into fat cells, but rather as an excuse for weight gain/fat play. Because regeneration requires actual matter, nutrients, things to heal with. You need a baseline to heal. So itā€™s always fun having a character with an excuse to be a tub of lard.

2 Likes

one ive been toying around with is fat based magic, lipomancy if you will.
pretty much instead of mana, spells draw from fat reserves instead. this can be from the caster, or a nearby source.
ontop of drawing from fat, some spells would relate around making others fat, either it be from the spells themselves or encouraging fattening behavior.
in the case it is the spell transferring fat from one source to another, the spell draws some energy from the area to have a positive net fat gain.
but drawing from fat only has its downsides. if you are going against say, a machine, all your fat has to come from you or your party.
however spells can draw a tiny bit from energy from food itself, not much though. and if that course of action is taken the food loses all nutritional value, you might as well be eating a rock if you attempt to eat it as is. but on the flip side, lipomagic can be used to ā€œenhanceā€ food, such as making it MUCH more calorie dense, enhancing its flavor greatly, and/or making it digest near instantly. if done to food that has had itā€™s energy drained from it it will make it so the body when digesting has a 100% conversion rate for it, meaning all of it gets turned to fat. its a bit of a lengthy process though, and the more fattening the food is originally the longer it takes to enhance it.

2 Likes

Kind of obvious, but a lot of my characters have resistance to most forms of damage. Huge resistance to punches and kicks, slight resistance has two blades and Gunsā€¦ But they take more damage from fallingā€¦ Unless they land on their belly.