Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

You had me at Feeding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this update have a scene replayer? I only ask cause while the text of the normal one is fine, sometimes the scenes surrounding the text surpasses just the text (the Hunger scene for starters)

A fair suggestion! Though one that might be a little hard to add. Or rather time consuming having to go through all those old maps and switches to make replay events without breaking them :frowning:
Mostly my own fault though, I’m not one to keep my game well organized behind the scenes.
For now I think I’ll just focus on the Lily update, and then circle back to this on a later date.

3 Likes

Heyo making another check in! Hope everyone is having a good October. Did you know when you are an adult, you don’t have to wait for Halloween!? You can just but candy at the store now.
Apostles news is much of the same, working on it a bit at a time. Not as much progress as I’d like at the later half of last month, so I hope to make up for that this month.

It’s still the Lily update, but I decided to add Violet’s next section of the staircase for pacing reasons. TO anyone who may be stopping by the thread and doesn’t mind me asking, let me know if there is a particular type of enemy or puzzle they might like to see with Violet. Anything really goes for that space, especially the darker sort of fetishes that come with this genre.

In other news the guy who has been offering so many awesome sprites for Apostles has opened himself for commissions. So if you have an aspiring art needs hit him up! COMISSIONS ARE OPEN!! by Cj-x4 on DeviantArt

That’s about it! Hope everyone stays safe this October!

8 Likes

For a fetish suggestion, Feeder Dominatrix/Master, seeing Violent Violet brought low like that would be super satisfying

For non-fetish, Doppelganger/Mimic so they can get a rise out of her by mimicking what the Shadow Realm has learned about her through the skeleton and other parts, after all, people get mad at lies, but get livid at the truth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh, I like that idea of the realm using her experiences against her as her ultimate trial. I could totally see her having to fight the parts of herself that she despises, only to ultimately realize that those parts of her are stronger and more dominant than the parts she likes, leading to her inevitable defeat. That climactic struggle could also serve as a way to tear down what remains of her previous existence, allowing her to start building a new one off of the foundation Gretel is providing for her.

2 Likes

@Altair123 @ZoeFoxx
Both excellent ideas! Will definitely do something with that if not this update then in the future. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really like it so far. Can’t wait for the next update. Keep up the great work

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do my best!

1 Like

Hi,

I played the game this weekend and had a blast. As you said it starts slow, I almost thought there was no fetish at all.
But after the initial “hurdle”, it was a amazing game with a wonderful story! Thanks a lot.
I don’t how hard it’s to do, but is it possible to make a system where the player chooses which townsfolks to focus more?
Or maybe have some effects on the apostles? Like when Gretel loses the bet to Lily , but more permanently

again, thanks for the amazing game!

Thanks glad you liked it, it’s always a nice boost to the day to hear people are having fun with Apostles :slight_smile:
While I will do some things like I did with Heather, with choices how the story goes, I don’t think I’d ever be able to do any kind of ‘focus’ system. To many stories are interconnected, I couldn’t for example tell Sophia’s story without including Sam and Steph.

As for effects on the Apostles, I might do a bit more but…likely won’t be to permeant.

Sorry if my answers were a bit to negative :frowning: ! Hopefully there will still be fun to be had regardless in the next update.

3 Likes

I have to say, this is seriously impressive. A nice slow build-up, with interesting characters who don’t immediately give away their motives, and a steady progression to some very “indulgent” moments.

I look forward to giving it a second play-through later to try a few things differently. Especially the merc’s trial. Hoping there might be a full redemption arc, as it seemed that may be a possibility.

1 Like

Thanks glad you enjoyed!

Nah, it’s all good :smiley: !
The important thing is that in the end you are going to make something that you are proud of.

1 Like

Another month another chunk of work gotten done! The update is really shaping up! I know I’ve said it’s the ‘lily’ update, but there will be quite a bit more to it then that now!
Positive news is that I’d say 85% of the dialogue and scene writing is done! Negative news is that the same can not be said for Violet’s fight balance or other minigames. Here is a quote from Lily to summarize my feelings.

But shouldn’t hold me up to long. I’d give a rough estimate of the update coming mid to late next month. Thank you all for having patience in my somewhat slow process. :frowning:

But to those who want to fuck patience and want a quick fix of some Apostles goodness, allow me to introduce BaneOfDreams User Profile | DeviantArt who contacted me to do a bit of a collab. He offered some interesting characters and creativity and I offered some Apostles set pieces and TOP SECRET LORE on the Artificer and it came together into a nice little story. Only the prologue is out now but more to come soon, [Collab] Temperance and Temptation (Prologue) by BaneOfDreams on DeviantArt . And be sure to check the rest of the gallery!

That’s about it! Hope everyone had plenty of candy!

12 Likes

I can’t wait~!

I mean actually can, but that doesn’t change my excitement for this project. ^ -^;

3 Likes

Sounds like a good christmas to me then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This sound like a fun idea and also we get more story in this world so I am happy.

4 Likes

YESS Keep going mate, you’ve already made the best fetish game ever

4 Likes

Yea at first didn’t really care for this then everything started to get interesting oddly enough favorite character the archer that’s is doing Obstacles and tests I forget the name

4 Likes