Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Her name is Heather, I like her a lot too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for that

Stupid comment not 20 characters shut up Had to fill it with something

2 Likes

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSERY!
Hard to think that an entire year has passed since I submitted Vol 0.1, and had my long planned release thwarted by a tree within the first 5 minutes of play. But I learned a lot since then and hopefully the soon coming 0.4 will be at least 6 minutes playable before a game breaking bug hits!

But I really wanted to dedicate this post to everyone who has helped me and Apostles get where it is now. I never would have had even the idea to make a WG games such as Unnamed stuffing RPG, Above Gods, Lanna’s adventures, World of Corpulence, and Super Fatty RPG.

While it wasn’t public just yet 0.1 had more then a little help from Grim offering sound effects and game making tips, and logitechk1 with beta testing. (If you thought the tree was bad you have no idea how many bugs he caught for you.

And after I made my debut I was expecting to gain 5-10 comments telling me to stop focusing on story and work towards more fat. Never have I been more happy to be wrong. Thank you all of you for the overwhelming support towards Apostles, with over 200 responses, every comment always brings a smile to my face. Be it a simple good job or the more in depth feedback it’s always appreciated!

And more then just comments I have been floored by the number of people willing to go the extra mile to help with helping to catch more of my bugs, Thank you, Resop, Erronwolf, Elric1968, cggo
Darken-Luster, Weiss_Draconis and Steph for you beta testing help.

I already mentioned the games above that inspired me to start, but thank you to to Somebullshit, and Witch of gluttony for coming out and always motivating me to push myself harder to keep the quality of game as high as my peers! With a similar shout out to Princes Goblin story, and Lysithea’s Sweet Escapades not only helping with more inspiration and motivation to keep the game strong, but in also adding shout outs to Apostles in game, a very humbling experience.

Added thanks you
To Resop for not only beta testing, but a huge amount of brainstorming help and offering many scene ideas one of which you’ll see in 0.4 in the form of a few elves. :slight_smile:
To Nerds, both for his great work he does on Somebullshit (which offers plenty of ideas to stea- be inspired by. And his help in beta testing in apostles!
To Erronwolf who not only helps find bugs but also does fixes on my more…creative spelling. Thank you for saving my grammer.
To BernardFloxmax for his recent help in helping with catching even more of my spelling mistakes and his work on Lysithea’s Sweet Escapades, which helped keep the love for the aheago face alive!
To the anonymous beta tester, who also offers me a great deal of help in guiding how to best cover some of my blind spots with Dana and Amin…
To BaneofDreams, for his recent work on making a collab and story based on the lore of Apostles, something I can’t wait to see come about.
To TheMystique, cggo Chaoticlord44, xXWWhiteXx, Jonathan551,loveiswhat69, Altair123, Vollerei, Jak871, Jonathan551, and everyone else who has messaged me here and elsewhere with there long feedback and ideas for the story. I’m happy beyond words to tell a story that sparks such interest!

And lastly my biggest Thank you to CJ-X4 for all his work on brainstorming, beta testing, and artwork. He has expanded the scope of what Apostle’s can bring in 1000 different ways!

Anywho that’s all I got for the day, but hopefully I’ll be back by the end of the month with a new release! And back this time next year with an even longer list of thank you’s!

apos_title

Once more, thank you all so much! -WaxerRed.

25 Likes

Always happy to help where I can, it’s been fun working on this project and I’ll be glad to help more whenever you need it!

4 Likes

Excellent work my man, you have built a very exciting game and story. Looking forward to seeing more.

4 Likes

Eager to see whats next!, remenber, i’ll be haunting your dreams with the intention of help you finish this, so lemme see this till the end!

3 Likes

Hey, this is Weight GAMING. We’re here for a game, too. Cheap easy fats are all over the internet, so there’s plenty of space in the “”“market”"" for more story driven stuff. Make what you want to make! Here’s to another year. =)

11 Likes

The story is one of the reasons I really like this game. The fats are great too but I love how interesting the story is.

6 Likes

Yep, definitely a bit of a silly fear in hindsight and slightly unjust to others, but don’t worry I’m long past that now! More lore! And also more fats!

5 Likes

Hey dude (i’m jonathan551)

Just to wish you a merry christmas, and wanted to know how you were doing

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you as well!

And I’m doing good! Assuming my beta testers don’t find anything insane I will be able to get the newest update out in 2020!

8 Likes

Thanks, and glad to hear that. Made my day !

2 Likes

Awesome game dude! I can hardly imagine putting something like this together, it’s truly amazing. Awesome work with the story as well. It’s really engaging. Hoping to see more soon!

4 Likes

So exciting there is a new update! The story is wonderful – it’s both engaging and erotic.

In the current version there is a point where Gretel has to make food, but it seems to bug out into some kind of rune that can only be swapped by hitting the up arrow and does nothing. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

1 Like

Glad you like it! I’m always happy to see people able to enjoy both the drama and the fetish of the story equally!

For the rune game it should work by hitting up down left right based on the direction of the runes. Emphasis on should as bugs in there are more then possible :frowning: Is it one particular dish that is bugged, or all of them?

5 Likes

good I want to see were this dark story can go to.

1 Like

Ah! I’d just forgotten that’s how the minigame works.

it

1 Like

I DID IT. An update in 2020. With plenty of time to spare. (2 hours.)

Hope everyone likes what the missionaries have cooking up for this update! Sorry for the bit of the long wait, and thank you everyone who offered support to get this update out!

Bugfix for the memory bugs for Ed Al and Veronica.

(Slight viewer discretion advised. Apostles deals with dark concepts and this update is no exception. So play at your own risk of bumming your mood for 2021!)

Saves are included with the download.
File 4 is Heather sexy times, Gretel won bet. File 5 Is Heather BFFs, Lily won bet. File 6 is Heather full hostile Gretel won bet.

Old saves will still work from 0.3. To transfer them go into 0.3, open up folder ‘www’ and copy the entire ‘save’ folder. From there open up the newly downloaded 0.4, open up the ‘www’ folder and paste the save folder, overwriting the one there.

In other news, I mentioned before a writer taking interest in adding their own spin for a side story for Apostles. I offered some lore and they took and ran, putting out a story I look forward to seeing turn out! A prologue and Chapter one can be found here by ‘bane of Dreams’ - [Collab] Temperance and Temptation (Prologue) by BaneOfDreams on DeviantArt

That’s all I got, wish everyone a great new year!

( PS I know Thomas is moonwalking, he won’t stop no matter how many times I fix the bug.)

16 Likes

Well…shit, Episode 4 (Cause, fuck it, they episodes) was definitely a darker take, but one that i am not adverse to (Just requires a deft touch, and this has definitely had that touch) once more legitimizing itself as a game without forgetting the sauce side of things, as I will get into in the review
SPOILERS FOR .4, IF YOU GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE STORY THEN DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED.4
This is all my opinion, you are free to agree and disagree at your leisure

Pros:

L is for Lore(Pt.1):Holy hell is there a lot of lore in this update, and it is handled extremely well in this update, in the case of that A. the characters, like some players, only really want to focus on what’s infront of them rather then anything more sociological and B.The players like me who are interested in that sort of stuff are rewarded for reading all the dialogue, this update has seen(Not sure if by Gretel or by world events) an escalation in the conflict leading to people being stranded in Brokenroad, which if not outright complicit in, the apostles surely capitalized on, which leads me into.

Dark Chocolate: “this update is no exception” is a bit misleading, considering that you literally deal with a dead kid in .01 with Veronica saying to leave him out in the woods to let the animals get him, since it was faster than burying, the game is dark as hell, especially if you read between the lines(what I think makes it stand out amongst other WG games) this was more like an escalation of an already pretty bleak world, Racial Tensions, check, An escalating Civil War, check, the first part of Mauve’s scene where he’s shown mutilating L in a “Talk, fight, fuck” loop as L puts it(Even though those surprised by it probably ignored L’s skull-fucking quote), check, ffs I never thought I would genuinely say to myself “Lady you’re going to get lynched” in a WG game, and I personally love that (This may be my own enjoyment of sadder media more then other people, I.E Telltales Walking Dead, Frostpunk, but I find how it was handled here a plus nonetheless)

L is for Lore(Pt.2):Christ on a bike, the ending part with what I believe is a paradise bubble for L’s parents, plucked right out of Finding Paradise and To the moon, not only with (what I believe is) an implication where L fractured their minds, probably at a young age when her powers were first coming to fruition, giving her mother dementia and making her father a vegetable, (I am usually one that says the sauce justifies the means in these games, but the fact they just ate together without any feeder content was really tastefully handled, pardon the pun, I assume better of people not to give you flack for that after the extent the update went to to balance sauce and darkness, but will state for the record anyhow)

Cabin Fever: This was a great way to not only keep the dynamics of the town fresh, but also include new elements to the dynamic of the town, now with 20 people tied up in an Inn in a town they don’t know with a storm that(albeit they don’t know) is at the beck and call of a caster, how this dynamic will continue to develop is something to be seen, albeit something tells me some are getting sent to the shadow realm.

Politicking: This definitely fed the part of me in love with political thrillers, I.E the rebels seemingly having a Nationalist bent to them, wanting to “free The Empire” from under the yoke of foreign influences. Definitely is unique enough of a pro to be different from other generic fantasy lore, hence it’s own section

The art of the Deal: That scene with Vinny, holy hell did that scene genuinely make me nervous, I was genuinely wondering whether or not heads were gonna roll, and a physical altercation was going to be necessary to make him back down. The way it was played however was extremely masterful and made me enjoy the scene objectively

Crowd-pleasing: Just because the update was dark, doesn’t mean that sauce was sidelined, and i’m damn happy for that, this is L’s update after all, from the build a blob workshop in the teaser, to the Latter part of the Mauve scene, to the Jogging Pamela scene, there is good sauce to be had this update and I think it struck the delicate balance.

Satisfying Conclusion: While I am still very invested into the Lore of this world, should you get Isekaied and we not get a final conclusion, enough feels concluded for a PART 1 while leaving threads dangling for a spiritual sequel/successor, I don’t have the gnawing cliffhanger feel from the previous 2 updates,I rank this in the Episodes favor because it understood when it said enough, in terms of content, this feels like an ideal Episodes length(Albeit would prefer sooner as always :^) )

The Veteran:Just some damn good moments from him, instead of being just a contrarian and a bit of an asshole, he shows a bit more of a just side in the update, and I think that was a good idea for him in general.

Cons:

Vapid Violet: A blemish on an otherwise great update, It definitely feels like Violet’s story has flatlined a bit in terms of progression and actual character growth, the update really felt like it was the same gauntlet, characters mentioned Violet having been growing fatter and weaker, and yet we do not see that, as Violet continues to beat the same enemies(Still going strong) and even convincing (Through sheer LITERAL anti-charisma) Skeleton Pat(Who so far is the best part of the Violet sections) and Bill the zombie to join in, I would have thought that the constant repetition would have started breaking her down more to what Gretel wanted from her, similar to how Heather and(actively against his will) Mauve are. I just think either adding some humanizing choices(Ala the beautifully crafted knife in the void moment from .3) or forcing her nose into it hard enough to snap something (Mauve in the latter part of his scene) would throw some much needed momentum to her plot.(opinion changed as of 1/04/2021 see addendum)

Fall of the Byzantines: It’s a running gag at this point for my reviews that I want to know wtf happened to Byzantium, so many unquestioned answers about his fate, so much that i’m half tempted to create a theory thread to just throw my thoughts out and at least get some of the questioning in me out into words. While I trust in do time i will learn, dear god is the ambiguity killer.

And that is all i can think of as of 1/1/2021 as to how I feel about the episode, definitely a dicey play for the story to take but one I definitely think paid off, definitely a good way to start the year off, I give the Episode 9.5/10, It scratched my lore-thirsty side, my want for sauce and my sad game loving side. The Violet parts didn’t really stack up well(Besides skeleton pat) and definitely wishing for more from you, no matter how long it takes(Albeit preferably shorter)

Tl;Dr Damn fine update, Darker than a New Moon Night but balances it well, definitely worth the play for both the Sauce and the Story 9.75/10

P.S/Addemdum on 1/04/2021:I suck at the rpg combat element and died at the toxic horror, given the instant spectre of death guy in the first update, I did not realize there was an entire chunk of the game past it, only by vague comments did I realize there was another part, the violet part stagnating makes more sense as it’s more of Gretel’s part then Violet’s, I will now give it a 9.75 because even though that realization made it better, I am still sad to see Violet be relegated as a mechanism for Gretel’s story instead of developing in her own way, sorry folks, that was an oopsie on my part!

2 Likes

Just a reminder you can use [spoiler][/spoiler] to blur text so people have to click it in order to read it, like this.

2 Likes