Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

@Viscosity Thank you so much! Always extra motivated when I hear people are enjoying the story. (Even if it makes you cry at times! :slight_smile:

It’s good to know you enjoy reading the inn content, because I enjoy writing it! As much as I do love the ‘deep dark and secret lore’ of Sebas and Gretel, it’s a lot of relief to just write in the moment story with Lily Sophia and Veronica. (Though it might be a little bit before we cut back to them!)

Thanks you again for the kind words, hope to bring you more soon!

2 Likes

@a6123413
Thanks! I already use Message core, but the name boxes is a new one. I do have the worry that new plugins have a habit of breaking old saves, which I would want to stray away from, but I’ll look into it all the same.

1 Like

Also CJ the artist who has done near all the sprites for Apostles has his own Patreon for those interested in checking him out for his work above and beyond Sprite work!

6 Likes

I can try to be patient, to see the progress of stuffing Sophia beyond her limits (and bras), and the shaping of Veronica’s appetites…even if it’s so difficult to resist the whole dynamic (as well as so many of my particular interests around such a good group, and a feedee that gains in just all the right ways). Oh, plus Lily is just the best, despite being the most ‘awful’. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am glad my honesty is encouraging, even if I’m basically just patiently drooling for more content.

1 Like

Yes more Lewd and Fat scenes I can not wait to see where this story going.

Is there a link? I can only find 0.5.1, but no 0.6 :frowning:

It’s not out yet, they’re talking about the dev build I believe.

1 Like

Ah, ok. Sorry, I didn’t wanted to put any pressure, I just thought 0.6 was already available. I love this game.

3 Likes

All good! :+1:We all get excited sometimes :grin:

3 Likes

@Lyratelle Sorry about the mix-up! Don’t worry though, 0.6 will be out sooner rather then later!

5 Likes

Another month another progress update!

Moving along slow, but steady. I’ve been somewhat restricted in life to only working on Apostles on the weekends, but it’s still coming along quite well I think. This update I think will definitely prove…‘memorable’ to all those that play it. I somewhat wish I had timed this out to release in October, but I don’t want to delay it that badly!

Though speaking of delays I’m in a bit of a pickle deciding if the Update would work best as is (with it mainly being the ‘Gretel update’ and focus mainly on her story) or if I should also add on Lily’s inn story. (Which I feel bad for not having shown off yet, Sophia needs her time to shine!) The downside of the later option of course would be taking a bit longer, where saving that content for the next update would mean I’d have it out quite soon.

Either way hope everyone is having a good month, and hope to be back soon with more to show!

19 Likes

Finally got to this, and wow, genuinely. I didn’t think I’d come across another narrative experience on this site that could compete with Some Bullshit, but you’ve definitely done it. I love the approach of having a rich lore ripe with interesting backstories and geopolitics, but focusing heavily on character development in a small, isolated setting with a mostly static cast of characters.

I usually write giant reviews when I play games on this platform giving a bunch of constructive criticism, but I’m honestly at a loss. The gameplay was engaging and never felt too gimmicky, I encountered nary a single glitch, there were little to no empty-feeling maps or excessive backtracking, and no part of the narrative felt terribly shoehorned in or boring.

There are minor things of course, like scores of typos and no easy way to test alternative fetish scenes (thank you at least for the varying Heather files), but overall it’s a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I’m looking forward to learning some more about Gretel!

3 Likes

@StygianSkies Thank you very much for the kind words! I’m always glad when the lore appeals to others, and it’s nice to know the gameplay follows suit. And I always take it in the highest praise when Apostles is mentioned on the same level as SB as that is my own personal favorite to play :slight_smile:

Sorry for the typos, but I’ve had someone who’s offered me some help their for chapter 1 so far so hopefully it will not be as noticeable as a problem going forward, but time will soon tell as i’m well on track to have the “Gretel” update up this month!

Though upon review for this update, I feel as though L steals a lot of the spot light for the Gretel update, but that’s fine by me as I feel as though that is a very “L” move of her!

5 Likes

WaxeRed. I have a question.

How far will you finish your Apostle game and how long will it takes?

And i like your Apostle its definitely unique game by your story it makes, little too much talking characters, but satisfying nonetheless.

@WaxeRed This is definitely like my favorite rpgmaker game on the site, and the narrative and characters are top tier. I really enjoy the detailed passages full of lore, worldbuilding, and how you handle character development. It’s really hard in my opinion to balance story and fetish elements.

I feel often, games maybe go a bit too much in one direction or another having events or things that might feel rushed or out of place for the sake of story or fetish reasons. And it’s rare to have a game on the site that immerses me enough with in the story and characters that I find myself really wanting to know more and experience more of the story.

Of course, you don’t shy away from the fetish content as well and I appreciate how detailed and involved scenes and scenarios can be. Keep up the good work the most recent update hooked me story wise even more and I can’t wait to see what is next great job.

3 Likes

@Arteron FOr better or for worse, we are still a good whiles away from any sort of finish line, so look forward to Apostles in the future for a long time to come!

2 Likes

@Krodmandoon Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such kind feedback! Always puts a smile on my face to know my love of world building is shared. I hope you continue to enjoy the next update and all those to come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After playing through this all over the span of about two days, I definitely have to agree with what Krodmandoon said. I absolutely love the slow-burn nature of it, especially once the ball got rolling! The story surrounding around the town is just great, and it’s very cool to see a fetish game put a lot of effort into the reasoning. While having quick weight gain can be nice, it’s especially nice here since you get to learn about the characters, and I really enjoy seeing the slow change the town has been going through, compared to when it all started. Keep it up!

4 Likes

Here is the Progress report of Apostles this month.

The next update is done yo!

As happy as I am to have it finally come out, I admittedly was hoping to have it ready at the start of LAST month, not this month! But even if I am not happy with the time it took, I am proud of the update itself. After too long of being in the background, the Gretel update is finally here! (Though you’ll be seeing near every character in this update!)

Slight warning before the link, Apostles is a game that has always dealt with darker subject matters and this update is no exception, this update is not for the faint of heart.

Saves included at the start of the new content, though old ones SHOULD still work.

Save number 1- Is for players who already saw Gretel’s childhood flashback in a previous update.

Save number 2- Is for players who have not seen the memory, want a refresher, or have no idea what memory I am even talking about!

Beta testers they did a fantastic job of helping me along with this update, and I can not thank them enough! They not only helped with bugs, but with the many mistakes of my poor grammer and speling. Thank you all for your help!

Lastly I was most flattered when Qwerty2999 reached out to me and then showed me this image he’d commissioned from Olympic-Dames User Profile | DeviantArt. A giant thank you to them both!

16 Likes

It’s time for BEST GIRL!

Let’s go!

3 Likes