Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

gomorrah, the name of the castle with the clown woman, is almost the name of a city in warhammer 40k. anyways, commorragh is the name of the city state of the black eldars (evil space drows") their civilization is defined by excess and depravity which sounds terribly familiar. not only that but a close relative of the dark eldar is the harlequeens…a faction of space clown elves. sorry but i thought you wanted to make a fun reference.

also thank you for answering my question!

1 Like

@superaguilar2002 Ah, I see. Well Gomorrah has its origins in the bible, as one of the two cities know for their depravity and vice.

4 Likes

yes, that also the origin of the city in warhammer. gomorrah itself isnt a reference, an elf, clown, or elf clown arent references either. but a clown elf in gomorrah is a reference. (god that came out awfully obnoxious. im sorry.)

1 Like

No worries! I’ve yet to play warhammer but have been told by many sources to give it a try, and you’ve given me another!

2 Likes

Speaking of male weight gain, Maya running wild in the festival maze, desperate to win the food voucher because “My husband needs more food!” was an absolute delight

2 Likes

@techyrp Having the other members in town running through the mas was a beta tester suggestion, and one of the best! I thought it really made the whole finale of the spring party more fun!

Yeah it made it super fun. I spent more time seeking everyone out than finishing the maze.

If only Dina could have enjoyed the festival. Not that she can walk…guess she has a more important job packing on pounds and pissing off her mom.

1 Like

after playing this new update, the backstory part between Cynthia and Sebastian unlocked a memory from a very obscure cartoon basically the protagonist’s bully’s pet parrot is sold by accident to this rich and reclusive actor, her name is Ms. Naselpickel. it is revealed that she has a tendency to spoil the pets she has, to an extreme point, and along with this it is revealed that she had multiple pets all of which died, the episode does not say but points out that the reason for this is the fact that she overfeeds them and spoils them to an extreme amount

(idk why I remember that, but it’s still a weird coincidence that’s kind of funny to me) but other than that it’s a good update, I’m curious to know more about the relationship between Seb and Cynthia, for Me, I feel like Seb stayed in touch with Cynthia longer than the flashback implies. and also, I hope to see more theories about Cynthia and Seb or just Cynthia. kinda curious to know what people here think about what has been revealed so far

2 Likes

While I love how separated Dina and her mom are from the rest of the village, it would be fun if eventually she was gorging, farting and belching so loud that people started to gather around her house. Curious as to what is making such a racket 24/7

1 Like

Progress report!

Next update will have stuff! Lots of that stuff will have girls eating food and then getting fat! Then sometimes boys will eat food and get fat!

Update is still quite a bit away, but as of what has been made so far I’ve been mostly enjoying it, and I hope you all will as well!

15 Likes

Does anyone know the combination to bashing the slimes in the correct order?

1 Like

Father, sailor, mother, nun, child/oldman.

I’ve been thinking about Cynthia, and I like how completely and utterly evil she is compared to the rest of the cast, and I hope that she doesn’t have a backstory that portrays her as sympathetic. Personally, I find characters that are unrepentantly evil to be fun, especially with how many grey or evil-but-with-a-sad-past characters there are already. I’m not saying that she needs to be one dimensional or not have any development, I simply think that always being at least somewhat sadistic with no real reason is a nice contrast with the rest of the cast.

1 Like

Jokes on you, Lady Cynthia will actually be the HERO of the story!

But you’re right, it’ll be hard to ever sympathize with someone who likes to talk about all her favorite reasons for eating children.

4 Likes

I would love to have a segment where we play through one of Cynthia’s memories. There aren’t many opportunities to be as fucked up as she is and this feels like a good opportunity to do so. Although, that might be too much for many people so I understand why that might not happen. Just letting you know that there is some interest in that!

2 Likes

I don’t recall seeing this answer anywhere but how far along you think the game is now? Id guess around 60-70% complete but I have really no idea. Can’t wait for the new update to drop

3 Likes

It’s hard to say because the Apostles of the Niss are supposed to be in Auburnwoods for a year and they have only been around for winter and a little of spring, so there’s no way to know.

1 Like

That’s where I was getting the 60-70 but I’m thinking the way the story is going it’s entirely possible they end up there longer or their story doesn’t necessarily “end?” In auburnwoods

1 Like

An idea I am not opposed to! While I am not sure we will ever play as her, I won’t rule it out. We will certainly see a bit more of her. She is one of my favorite characters to write for. One reason for that is that she is OLD and knows a great deal about the world. That makes her great for my favorite long lore talks, though for hers the player will need to sort which parts of her conversation is, truth, lies, madness, or all of the above!
And it is also just freeing to write a character that is unrepentant in how evil they are. I don’t need to worry about her making a ‘good impression’ on the audience, she is not there to be loved.

It is correct that they plan to stay in Auburnwoods about one full year. As for how that works in game progress, winter will surely be the longest chapter so I’d say we are closer to 40-50%.
We’ve pretty much introduced every character in the story I’ve wanted to, or at least hinted at them. The Parody Apostles will be the last ‘new’ element added to the mix. So from here on out it will be about continuing and wrapping up every plot thread introduced.

How long that will take, will depend on how fun it is! I tend to plan ahead as much as I can for the ‘lore’ aspects of Apostles, but make it up update to update in terms of the ‘fetish.’ I know there’s enough lore for at least several more updates, but another Detective Lily type side update might add to the count, or just general fetish fun in general might let me pad out the updates a bit more. Time will tell!

As for a stroy past Auburnwoods, yes I’d say that was likely…in 2032.

5 Likes

2032, 2042 we’ll all be here still waiting to play it. Keep the lore and good work coming!

1 Like